Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

M A Evening to all , day 2 here and managed to get through all the weird dreams last night and feeling pretty good today , I think that as it was a relapse of just a few days Al didn't get a chance to totally poison my body , so the recovery hasn't been too bad . But I don't want to go through another one !!! I am grateful to my doctor for prescribing a packet of valium so that I can keep the anxiety under control .
    Why is it that when you tell people that you're giving up smoking you'll get nothing but encouragement .
    But tell people you're giving up drinking , and they almost pour drinks into you , insisting that ONE won't hurt , perhaps they worry about their own habits and its easier to make you seem the oddball , than to question their own behaviour ?
    B N D
    Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
    Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Almost had a heart attack when the rain turned into snow for a while but it's stopped. Seriously, is there no end to this winter stuff

Jane, I hope it's warm & sunny in Florida

BND, no one else really understands this problem but us. The rest of the world has what seems like a pre-programmed response. I suggest you just ignore them & don't tell them anything - I don't! It's actually no one's damn business but your own, right?

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, stuck to my plan today, feels great to accomplish that, checking into the nest for the night.

Have a good night all.
        "A good garden may have some weeds"
        Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - just checking in - thinking how nice it is that I am sitting here working and not drinking wine. I cannot remember the last time I worked late into the evening and did not have my wine with me - glass after glass after glass. Then it would be off to bed bleary eyed and up the next morning feeling crappy. That won't happen this time. So glad! Made me want to post.

Off to bed shortly - good night and good day tomorrow to everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello. This no-alcohol thing seems to be becoming habit now. Feels more natural - I'm forgetting the way it was and inventing something new. Eating really well (after the sugar experiment) is leaving me satisfied, energetic and happy. I am so proud that I pushed past the hard days, yet I do not think for a moment that it will always be easy. Hubby has not asked a single question, but is extremely supportive. Feeling good and wishing everyone a good night.

Good to hear from you Jane! And welcome Dila. Keep up the great work Jennifire & Pepper! If you can get through 7 days, you can get through anything!

Lav, not sure when you leave, but I hope your travels are wonderful. I appreciate you all!
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night, nest:

A lovely day here - a great hike with friends, some house cleaning and some time with the family. So nice to be heading to bed sober on a Sunday night rather than the three drinks "so I can sleep better."

Gardner, Frances, Kensho - great work. Keep strong, it truly gets easier.

Butt velcro firmly attached. Happy new week, All. (and happy Tonday, Dreamy)

xo
              Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

A grey and overcast day in my part of the Nest - as I said in the Army, it must be Monday!

Some coffee to get the week off to a good start:

Morning Pav - have a good Munday!

Kensho, you sound so happy! Support from your husband with no questions asked sounds perfect.

Oh Frances, I see myself in that image - working with something handy to keep the elbow busy.

Gardener, is that Day 3 done and dusted? Great!

Jane, hope you feel better after a good night's sleep.

Bran, I've noticed that people who can take or leave a drink are the supportive ones; the ones who, in my opinion, are "problem drinkers" are the ones who keep pushing. Just keep repeating that you don't drink - the message will get through sooner or later. But dammit, it's frustrating to say the same thing over and over to somebody who only wants a drinking buddy!

My first cup of coffee is slowly starting to kick in - time to get going. Have a great AF Monday, everybody!
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya Nesters.

Hope all r good. A beautiful run and swim at the beach today 29c and blue sky's. great to be out and about mixing it up with life. Just so relaxing and energising. Take care and think positive. d11.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Nothing much to say except hi. Glad to see so many new folks. It certainly is an easier journey when shared.

Well it's March 31 here in OZ, and the end of the day. A new month tomorrow. I completed 5 full weeks yesterday. I have lots of other stress in my life at the moment, but the AF part is so good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday morning Nesters,

Just getting started here with my first cup of coffee

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nest Mates!
                        Sun is out today!!! Wootie Hootie!!!!!

Kensho, I am so happy for you! Something just clicked in my head on Day 13 and I knew I could do this AF thing! I had fallen a few times before on Day 12...if I had only known that the journey would become exponentially easier if I had just pushed on ONE MORE DAY! UGG! So happy for you! I'll be in the prize closet getting your hat ready!!

BND, Dreamy nailed it, it seems to be the problem drinkers who want you to join them in misery. Becoming AF is an eye opener in a lot of ways. It's as if we have a whole new set of eyes! I guess in a lot of ways, we ARE getting more information from which to make better decisions because we aren't numb half of our waking hours and then recovering during the other half. To say this is a journey of self discovery is an understatement...but it's all good. So happy for you!

Hope our newest newbie's are doing ok, check in with us. A joy that is shared is doubled and a misery shared is halved. Have a great, AF Monday....March is going out like a lion! Rawr! xo, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yucky dream that I drank and I was so upset .... Glad to wake up but it was rattling

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hubs and I had our first Theater night out since going AF. We used to have a cocktail pre-show & then order one for intermission and then for out to dinner for a meal with of coursr wine &/or cocktails. Glad to say we had a Carmel latte pre show, our water bottle at intermission. Dinner was delish even w/o al beverage. We did discuss over dinner the temptation to think that having just one out at a restaurant, is a thought that occasionally ran past our booze brains...we held strong & told Mr AL shut the F up...we're on a mission.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestmates - That's right DTD, Day 3 done and dusted, on to Day 4! Thanks for the Rah Rah Pav, feeling better everyday.

Now, breaking out the trowel, planting annuals on my deck and front garden today, Woot, Woot, heart be still!!! It's a beautiful day! :rays:

Sending sunshine your way Lav, soon, very soon.
                              "A good garden may have some weeds"
                              Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow everyone id doing so great. Weekends were the hardest for me in the beginning. It gets easier with time..
                                Baseball opening game today here so the city is all buzzing...wish I could go downtown for the excitement but it is just not DH's thing..next time I am marrying a jock..
                                Off to the gym then wait for the plumber to show up and fix dh's booboo....hope it is not too expensive...but nothing I can do about that.
                                Have a wonderful Monday!!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X