Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good MAE, all:

I had to check in this morning - Day 120. Whoot. Really can't believe it. Thanks everyone here who helped make it possible. I don't have to go to work this morning, so watch out - long posting alert...

Mr. G - Good to hear you doing so well. I would love to wake up to 29 degrees (I had to look up the calculation to Fahrenheit) and a swim in the ocean. Does a body and mind good!

Dot - Opening Day around here, too, although we live a ways outside of the city. I did marry a jock and it has its ups and downs, too! Hope that plumber can take care of things.

Gardener - I am not a gardener - I always want a garden but I'm not quite at a place where I feel like I have enough time. We rent our place and the owners take good care of the grounds, so I get to reap the benefits, but don't get any of the fun of digging around in the dirt. When my kids are older I really would like to plant some good veggies. Actually, maybe that's something I can do with my new found al free time...

NewDreams - your old theater night sounds a lot like my old theater night. So much better to enjoy the production without thinking about the next drink! You're lucky to have your DH along for the ride - someone close at hand who you can talk to. Does he get support somewhere else or only from you?

iCan - haven't had a drinking dream in a while, but they do stink. The fret in my dreams was always having to come here and admit I drank. I guess that's the power in a sober community.

Petrel - way to go - stay strong. All the BS would only be harder if you were drinking/hungover.

Happy to report more rain in my part of the nest. Rainfall is still below 50% of average so we have a long, dry summer to contend with, but it feels good to get some of the wet stuff.

Happy last day of March. Onward and upward!

xo
    Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning everyone!!! I am on Day 11 and very happy and proud about that, but I am still feeling so very tired. When is this fog and slosh going to end. I have made it to the gym 7 days this past week but then I am like DOG tired. I took 2 naps on Saturday, I just can't shake it. I need energy!!!

Wishing everyone a Happy Healthy AF Week!!!
      Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Monday, folks - this is my Day 8, and finally feeling a hint of maybe...perhaps... "cheerfulness"! I feel like I could jink it just by typing that, but I had a bit more energy this morning and my mood is just very different to the mood I've been in, like, for months and months. I took a mental health day from work (called in to say I'm recovering from being sick, which is basically true) and am cleaning the house, finishing up taxes and cooking a nice dinner for my fam. Over the past few years, I've taken other mental health days from work that involved vodka in my orange juice for breakfast, then sipping all day watching stupid movies. So this is feeling really good to actually be productive and a little bit cheerful, and a little bit more hopeful and energetic as each day goes by, despite the ever-present desire for more sleep!

Honeysoup, I'm right with you on the exhaustion and waiting for that to be over. I've been going to bed super early and sleeping about 10 hours a night when I can get it, 13 over the weekend.

Pavati, congrats on 120 days. That's amazing and very inspiring!

Have a good day, everyone!
        Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1643605 wrote:

Petrel - way to go - stay strong. All the BS would only be harder if you were drinking/hungover.

xo
          Pav
          Thanks Pav. You're absolutely right about that. Previously I would have only woken up with guilt and low self esteem. Feeling much better and more confident now.

Well, I've just woken up and it's April 1. Another month AF coming right up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on your 5 weeks Petrel, today on the 1st of April is exactly 4 months and feels great to wake up af and function like a normal person.

Hi nesters, hope all is well, will try and have a read at work, my last day of work till the 29th april, in holiday mode already. woo hoo.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Honey and Pepper (Can we get some Salt with that?)

The tiredness WILL go away...just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing! I'm proud of both of you!

Ava - I'm glad to know the world didn't end on March 31st! :H Keep up your great work...you are awesome!
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MaE all. Am back for another attempt to get my life in order. Made 35 days last time and was feeling really good. Still don't know what made me have "just one night off", but 8 weeks later I really want to get back on the wagon and stay there. Day 2 nearly done.
                I can beat this.
                Today is the day I start.
                1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1643700 wrote: Honey and Pepper (Can we get some Salt with that?)

The tiredness WILL go away...just hang in there and keep doing what you're doing! I'm proud of both of you!

Ava - I'm glad to know the world didn't end on March 31st! :H Keep up your great work...you are awesome!
                  K9, this sounds like the beginning of a delicious SNACK! Can we get fries with that?

I remember feeling flu-like those first couple weeks, but after that I started getting my color back. After Day 13, I felt good! I have seen some nesters struggle with tiredness for the whole first 30...that is more the exception. The sleep you are getting now is more recuperative than what we were getting before in passing out, so there's that much.

Hey Fat Fella, I am glad you came back! Stay connected at the hip with us! That's what I do, and so far, so good. 2 days is awesome, before you know it, I will be mooning you. We will bust right thru your old record of 35 days and not look back! Take a seat right here by me! We can beat this....with a little help from our friends! Hugs dear man. Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all. Just checking in. I have had no desire to give into the Beast and I hope to keep it that way. I can go for long periods of time but can't seem to give it up for good. So, here is my attempt to just start with 30 days and then add another and so on and so on and so on. . .

Glad to be here. Glad to have company on this journey. Thanks to all for the messages and support. Good luck to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So here's the deal. I haven't worked late since being AF, as part of my plan. Have to work late tonight. First thing crossing my mind, over and over again, is that I want to drink. Trying to be rational and tell myself that drinking isn't going to make it any easier. I also talked to my mom late afternoon and she was at a friends house drinking wine - 2 glasses down and silly as ever. Made me imagine being part of that, even though I can't. Trying to say "NOT AN OPTION. NOT an option. NOT an option!!!"
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stuffing my face and slamming soda water...to hell with the no sugar diet.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Kensho, keep your focus because you are doing great!
                          No, drinking is no longer an option so how about some nice dessert & a cup of tea?A harmless reward of sorts

Pav, CONGRATS on 120 :yay:
                          Time flies when you're doing things right

FF, good to see you & be sure to stick around. Remember......you're not giving up anything, you are practicing good self-care. We can't handle AL, not even one

Wishing everyone a comfy & safe night in the nest!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in for the night, good day in the sunshine for me, 75 degrees in the South, flip flops and white legs making their grand debut! Headachy and brain fogged, but on to day 5 tomorrow. Pav, plant some annuals, red, yellow, orange and purple in pots near your doorway, guaranteed to make you smile when coming home.
                            "A good garden may have some weeds"
                            Thomas Fuller

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in, everyone! Push those thoughts out of your head! No, HELL NO! AL will not take one more day of MY life! It is worth it! Break free of this horrible monster! We are right beside you! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho - working late always made me think I deserved a treat (donuts would have been better). I usually knew when I had to work late so one of the things that I did to avoid drinking after working late was to make sure that I didn't have any way to pay for al after I got off work. It helped take the choice off the table. Hang in there we're rooting for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X