Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DTD love that coffee mug...we have a pond in the backyard where the dragonfly come to play all spring & summer long.

Had another rough one yesterday and also figure out what I can eat & drink so not to bring the cravings on so strong late afternoon/evening...day 34 thought I'd be coasting by now...but it wasn't easy yesterday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie - Do you have to model and demonstrate the products too?
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Petra,

I lost my count ... I know I am one day behind you ... But you better keep going as I am following you, so tell me how many days I have been sober ? Ok let me head to roll call ..hmmm day 40 for you it seems so day 39 for me.

Feel great to be sober everyone. No temptation towards AL. Need to start working on my weight now ...
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, I'm so happy to hear that you are doing well! Keep it up, you will never be sorry!

Well, I didn't blow it! (the PRESENTATION)
          It went very well! I did get a gift bag from the lady when I left!!! I have been talking to her on the phone (there's a joke in there) for years, so she gave me a few things and hoped I'd enjoy them! I mean, how do you respond to a customer when they say that?? I just said "thank you", blushed, and left. It is massaging oils and scented candles, and for all yall who thought it might be something else, shame on you!! :H:H:H Nothing that glows in the dark!!! Thanks for wishing me well, that meant so much to me! Home now and getting caught up! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Keep up the wonderful AF days Newbies...
            On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi folks - thought I was doing SO well, then nearly blew it tonight. Extreme drama at work today on multiple occasions (and my job already involves a lot of drama on an average day), then a meeting after work at my daughter's high school about my daughter being routinely bullied - the mean girl thing. Waiting at the school after this meeting for my daughter, all I could think about was how badly I wanted a drink or 2 or 3. My husband was talking to me and I was barely registering what he was saying. He suggested a restaurant and I arrived first, and after 5 minutes of talking myself off that cliff, ordered chamomile tea. He had a few beers but I stuck to tea. 20 minutes later I was eating, and BOOM the craving was over. I just wanted to thank everyone for their posts about how they got through similar episodes because that's what I kept trying to focus on. I kept telling myself "there is no way that a drink (as if I'd only have 1) will rewind any of the shit from this day". In fact if I'd given in, everything would be worse tomorrow morning than it is right now. So thank you for your inspiring stories and encouragement! Day 12 down.
              Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper, great job! Wait til you get to day 13. Something clicked in my head that day and there was just no turning back. The whole thing got easier. I hope you find that its a good day for you, too! You are so right, all those problems would still be right there, plus you would have guilt/shame/remorse to deal with on top it all that. It is NOT worth it. So proud of you!

Be strong, all! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Good job Pepper!
                  Keep doing what you did today & I promise that very soon those cravings & thoughts will come less often & definitely less intense

Byrdie, glad your presentation went well. I'm not much of a performer myself. - I understand

Greetings Jane & everyone, hope you all had a great day. I've spent the day with my daughter & granddaughter & they've decided to stay overnight - nice!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper

Real good that you held on ... It is so worth it. You will realise that as the time progresses
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, all:

Way to go, Pepper - each time we do that we build our sober muscles. I'm sorry about your daughter - that must be hard.

Byrdie - what a lovely gift, although I'm sorry there wasn't anything more in the bag - might have been fun!?

Halo and Mick, thanks for breezing by. It is good to hear your story, Mick - I appreciate it.

Off to help with homework and put kids to bed.

Stay strong!
                      Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

hia all yep jumped in quick again......K9...already asked byrdie if she needed help at the store for the presentation and got knocked back!!!:H
                        Pepper well done you..do yourself this little exercise...get a piece of paper ..draw a line down the middle ..on 1 side put a plus,the other a minus.then look at the issue you had...with regards to school etc and on the plus side write down how drinking would have helped..on the other how it would have hindered...be as lateral thinking as you want!!betcha I know what side wins!! well done for not jumping orf thecliff!:goodjob:
                        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Just getting pedicure, this is the life. No al thoughts, great waking up sober.

I told mum I was not drinking when she asked what al I was buying duty free, I said I don't drink, she said well I will b having cocktails and you can surely have a drink your on holidays. I said no I don't want to drink and then I got "shame you didn't give up smoking". What I expected but that's okay, I would have liked her to say I'm proud of you but I'm proud of me, the rest doesn't matter.

Shopping till I'm dropping and humidity blah but loving it.

Will read more when back at motel, love to all and be strong. My first af holiday forever and it's fantastic, highly recommended.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Ava, great to see you checking in this morning
                            Enjoy yourself & remember what your Mum thinks is none of your business :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday! Looks like I'm in for more rain today, oh well.

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! Ava hope you have a wonderful time sounds like you are so far!

Feeling good this morning after a rough couple of days at work - looking forward to the weekend!

Thanks for everyone's help with my acceptance issue...it's a tough one but for now I'm just going to think about today, nothing more. And today, I will not drink! We are heading into a very busy sports schedule this spring and it will be so much more manageable without AL there distracting me and making me tired.

One thing I do not miss is always thinking about that next drink - driving home from work, as soon as I get home from church (early afternoon) on Sundays - anytime after 12 on Saturdays...if the drink was there I was having it. If it wasn't there, I was out getting it! 38 days now and I have to say, I'm surprised but those feelings are gone and have been for awhile. I now only think about wanting AL on rare stressful/extra tired occasions, or when I glimpse into my future and realize I haven't yet accepted that I can not drink again. but no matter. Today, I will not drink...One day at a time!

Happy AF day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Pepper...I blew it yesterday. But the rest of bottle went down the drain this morning. Back to day 1

Comment

Working...
                                X