Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Panno...
    you can order the topa from The River but it comes from India, so it probably won't make it to you before your doctor visit.
    I take Effexor for depression and Klonopin as needed for anxiety and it really helps....
    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Mama Bear

I've not read much on the Toppa what is it?- are your meds herbal?
      Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Topamax is what Roberta Jewell took and wrote about in her MWO book...the effexor and klonopin are meds prescribed by my doctor...about to take half a klonopipn since I feel like I am about to jump out of my skin.....only 2 days AF....damn!!!! (But I have ALOT of other stuff going on in my life right now so it's that too)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats a good reminder to me to print off the book I bought. I have it on my pc at work but everytime I have gone to print it off people walk in and out of the office!! Will go in early tomorrow
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

YOU GO GIRL.....once your head is in the right place then all this other s*&% really helps the physical stuff, I think

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon everyone!

So - Grateful - no way was it me who ordered the snow - what the heck? Now I hear they are predicting 8 - 12 inches with 40 mph winds! Saw a cute e-mail today - it was a church sign that read "Whoever is praying for snow, please stop".

Saw in an earlier post that someone was taking Kudzo to help with sleeping. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Can you order it online without a scrip? I'm 47 and probably going through pre-men as well (hot flashes, etc. - all the fun stuff) so that may be contributing but I would really like to get a decent nights sleep once in a while!

Hope everyone has a wonderful AF Wednesday night. Bundle up Grateful, Lav, Baltimore, and anyone else in the north eastern part of the US - looks like we're in for it again!

Jolie
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kudzu is in Walmart even... it's at health food stores etc... no scrip needed.

I miss the East Coast sometimes, you are all having fun with the snow! hahaha!!

I was laughing at some of the thought in these posts, has anyone ever started a thread about our ridiculous self talk... like an awareness thread. IE;

MY EXCUSES WHY I MUST KEEP DRINKING-
                ** I can't afford the book or supplements - How can you afford the alcohol?
                ** I really want to have a drink tonight, I have been doing so good so far this week.- HOW are you going to enjoy the hang over? What are you kids doing tonight while you drink?

That sort of thing, there is some great humor in these threads.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Just a quick hello as very sleepy. Hope you all had a good day. Stayed off the Al and sugar today so happy. Scared of fri coming up but will keep busy

Hippy Chick, how's the sugar free wagon? I was tempted today to buy sugar free cola but was afraid it might cause a sugar craving. Does anyone have any thoughts on artificial sweeteners?

My book arrived today so feeling armed and dangerously enthusiastic..

Night night

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

Sophie - I did so well all day being sugar free then thought I would "reward" myself with a peppermint slice with my green tea at 9.30pm! Chocolate AND sugar! Oh well... today is day one again for me and the sugar free train!! Hmmm this sounds familiar... where have I heard all this before??? lol. How did you go?

Spuddle - good luck with your counsellor. Just remember they are there to help you and have probably heard alot of what you are going thru before so should know how to help.

Another disgustingly hot day here. 42C which I think works out to be about 116F! Too bloody hot for me.

So take care, stay warm or cool (whichever you need to).

Hippy
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,
                      Just wanted to stick my beak in and say HELLO! By the sounds of it it's a busy nest with lots different life situations going on with everyone. I just wanted to add that i will handle my life situations sober today.
                      Have a great AF day everyone.
                      Love and strength from me
                      Liquid MISERY guaranteed to distroy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nestlings!

Thanks Tranq for that site,was interesting and confirmed what I thought!
                        Thanks also Sunni for the support and Lav of course,will contemplate the amoryn thing for a bit and consider my options!!
                        To all others (too numerous to list now..wow I have been away from the Nest too long),keep on keeping on people!!!!
                        Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

My heart is sinking hearing these weather reports - another foot of snow coming?????? This is getting to be a giant pain in the A$$!!!! Sorry!

Jolie, I use Mellodyn for sleep - from the company that makes Amoryn. It's herbal, safe & effective. Used in combo with the Hypnotic CD I'm sleeping 100% better these days

Sophie, I have to stay away from artificial sweeteners. They tend to cause me headaches & certain digestive difficulties.........if you know what I mean!

BPleasant, you should read about some of the drinking dreams people have.......too funny

OK, I'm gonna go find my Kindle & do some reading before the evening ends.
                          Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest - leaving the night light on for Tranq & the other kids

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Chook,
                            Cross-post........hope all is OK with you.
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello to all the Nesters. Haven't been able to be on the computer much today. Counting my last few days with Mom & Dad before I go home to reality.
                              Day 12 for me. I feel wonderful and optimistic. I want to remember this feeling next week.
                              I'll be back later to check in on everyone. Happy AF Day.
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,
                                This is just a general sort of post, but a lot of nesters have been asking about supplements in the last day or so (that I have been here and noticed). I've been taking, along with many recommended on this site, GABA (fast acting relief for nervousness and acute stress, it says) and 5-hydroxytryptophan (helps promote healthy mood balance and sleep, it says). I feel better since starting all of them - I'm someone who took myself off a whole suite of prescription Rx because they made me uncomfortable in principle and in fact. So, for what it's worth...

PS - the snow is really nice if you take the chance to enjoy it. Really. Find or borrow a happy dog and go for a nice long walk. It's pretty, sparkly, and you can't make snowpeople or snowangels without it.
                                "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Working...
                                X