Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Friday night was bad. Drank till I could not remember. Had an aweful fight with my husband who is so supportive and I don't even remember what I said. Read the entire book on Saturday and listen to the CDs. Only had 2 glasses of wine last night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Feeling a bit chilly this morning, hope it warms up

Dila, sounds like you are making some progress, great. Make Friday night your last night like that ever! Use the experience as a tool for your sober plan.

Jane, CONGRATS on your 90 AF days :yay:
      Keep getting stronger & live the good life

Hi there DTD with the always appropriate coffee mug - awesome!

Pav, I didn't know anything about PAWS either until I came here & did some reading. It is important to know & prepare so you don't find yourself derailed, thanks!

BND, CONGRATS on your AF week!
      Glad you are back on plan & doing well.

Greetings to everyone in the nest. I hope we all have a great AF Sunday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Friends :l

Jane, I am so proud of you, I could just pop! You are just amazing, with your great advice, support and sharing, not to mention 90 Days of sweet sobriety. We all love you and are so glad you are here with us. Keep up the great work!

Great job on making it through last night, Ican. And on your 113 days! Each time we get over a hurdle like that, it strengthens us.

Dila, I have tried Topa a few times, and each time, even at a very low dose, I have developed a terrible skin rash. I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, but it's just awful....somewhat like poison ivy. Usually on the arms and legs. I can't take the stuff. There is a meds thread that you may want to take a peak at. Several folks on there have used the Topa. Good luck!

Sorry I wend AWOL yesterday. I had a very busy day. Cleaned the house, did a little shopping for household supplies, then hubs and I went to the mall to get his tux (for the wedding) fitted. Also got some shoes for one of my dtrs and some things for me! Afterwards. we went out to eat and didn't get home til very late. Big day planned for today, also. Church, grocery shopping, more wedding stuff, more taxes...I guess staying busy will keep me out of trouble. Love to all! Hope everyone has a great day. :l
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post, Softy, and welcome! Three weeks is awesome! We are so glad to have you in the nest. There is definitely strength in numbers.
          Off to get ready for church. We are having a wonderful thunderstorm here in my corner of the nest. Wish I could just sleep in!
          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Starfish1,
            I am going to try to do this with just the supplements and CDs plus reading all the posts which is so helpful!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE nesters

Well a lovely hot, humid day in thailand. Had a foot massage which included head and arms and neck for $6. Going back for a total body one tomorrow for $15 and mum said she will have one too so up bright and early for that one. The food has given me thailand belly so staying close to the loo, happens every time i visit here. Cant drink the water but they obviously cook their food in water but hoping things settle down tomorrow.

Jane a big congrats on 90 days, you have done wonderfully well and been so supportive in your messages of support to the newbies. You are a treasure to have around. The big 100 is not far away but damn those 10 days dragged for me and once i hit 100 there was no looking back.

This is my first sober holiday in forever and i am cherishing it with all i have and i am looking forward to my first sober birthday this month.

I totally recommend to the newbies that as hard as it is to stop drinking, we have all been there and done it eventually. never give up, each day sober is a good day. The cravings and urges eventually go and life moves on for the better. Be strong and determined in getting al out of your life and you will realise that it is the best achievement to accomplish.

I am a non drinker and i never thought i would say that and i never want a drink of al again but i will always be on my guard against al. It is a powerful drug that needs to be kept at bay.

Congrats BND on your week, the worst is over and at the end of the day al does nothing at all for us. I cant think of one good reason why i drank for 20+ years, it may have been fun at the beginning but it turned to hell at the end.

Star good on you for staying strong. Keep posting and being accountable.

Dil and SF welcome and keep posting and posting and reading, you can never go wrong with that. There is so much support if you want it and the friends you get from mwo are by far better than most that i know of personally.

Lav i am hoping you get some warmth soon, actually you can have some of the heat from here. Blowing it your way now.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

ordering Kudzu, Milk Thistle, Magnesium, Primerose Oil and L-Glutamine. Is that too much to take at once?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning...off to church so short post. I really see the PAWS at work in my life so I appreciate the post.
                  Congratuations, Jane!!!!
                  Ill post more later.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dila! If you are looking into supplements they are important but at the same time they have different effects on everyone. Some things may help others more and you I guess just have to experiment. My only advice would be to make sure you are getting enough Vitamin C ~here's a link ~ .Vitamin C ? Cortisol & Stress | Help Anxiety All the others you mentioned are fine and many different things are needed but supplements are just that they supplement a healthy diet and the best way to get what your body craves is food. I take many different supplements though as I know our food supply is degraded. Any way the best way is to stop drinking b/c it robs you of so much. Best to you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                      Welcome aboard, Dila and Soft Focus! You have to just jump in here and be persistent with your questions and posts because we are a bunch of people with a LOT to say!!! :H:H:H Don't be intimidated, just jump in, ok? If your question isn't answered the first time, hit us again! Most of us don't answer about things we aren't familiar with, so the Topamax question flew over many of us here, I'm glad Star had some experience with it. There are many meds threads that you may want to look at, but in my (not so humble) opinion, you've landed in the best spot on Earth to start your journey. You have the experience of countless people walking in front of you to help you navigate the trail! So why don't you give us a try before you pull out the big guns? I have not personally tried the supplements, but all the ones you listed I've heard good things about. By NOT drinking, I have to think that your liver will happily take the supplements and process them for you without too much grumbling! We are so happy you're here! Let's get started on your AF life! Get all that AL stuff out of your space and you will never be sorry!
                      Soft Focus, 3 weeks is awesome! I owe you a prize! :moon: This is usually awarded at one week, so I'm BEHIND! Ar, Ar, Ar.....Keep it shining! At one month you get a hat!

And then at 90 Days, you are a Queen!!! Jane, you are royalty around here! Your support to newbies brings a tear to the eye! You are amazing and I hope you know that. Please accept this award for 90 big days! Thank you for being here!
                      :crowned:

Rahul, great to see you! You get more vacation days !!! I am jealous!
                      Ava, that is a steal on a massage! Wow, you are going to become a noodle with all that rest and relaxation!! I am relieved to know that your Mom is (in her own way) on board with it all!

Ican, so glad to be celebrating Day 113 with you!! :goodjob:

So good to see everyone this morning! Make this a great, AF day! XO, Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

WEll, I am back for another try. I seem to want and get wine every night. It has made me bloated, fat and unhappy. I will do this and need to for my life, family and self. You are all such a great support!!!
                        ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can ? So happy to hear that you held strong. I was thinking of you last night and couldn't wait to come and read here that you didn't cave. Well done girl. Be safe.

BND- Great job on 1 week. Keep it going. Glad to hear you?re not experiencing difficulties. That?s awesome..:goodjob:

Jane- Congratulations.90 days wowwwww. You are doing a great job and I always appreciate your posts and wisdom. :h

To everyone else in the nest. Happy sober Sunday.:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob::happy::wd::yay::yougo::applaud: Fantastic job Jane!!!!!
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,

Today I reached a personal milestone ! I have completed 44 days sober ... And starting 45th day. About 6 months back I was here on 44th day and then went to a Mexican restaurant in New York and ordered a beer ...

It feels soon good and a sense of accomplishment. Most of all the freedom. I don't have to feed alcohol to myself everyday. I don't need AL to sleep, to "enjoy" to cope up with life ... No guilts.

I also got my blood work done today. I have seen dramatic reduction in lipids and liver is normal without medications. Few values are still out and I know I need to reduce weight.

Thanks you all for support and help. I am not stopping now will continue of this path. Feels good to be sober ... I have never been sober for soo long since last 15 years !!

I could not have done without MWO and owe this to all of you ...

But I must saw I was having Al thoughts in evening due to hunger ....a reminder the beast knows that I am not feeding him.
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Rahul! That is amazing!

I know exactly what you mean about the hunger. Sometimes I feel a 'craving' for AL and then I realize I am just hungry. It is an easy fix.

Keep going, no beers at the Mexican Restaurant tonight!

Jane, I checked out your recipe and it sounds YUM.

Keep strong everyone!
                                Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                                "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X