Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DD hard as it is, only you can make yourself better with the tools and resources available to you. Its a hard fight/battle but so worth it. Keep trying lovely one. Each and everyday sober is a blessing. I do not regret one day of being sober even if the intial days were farking hard, i now dont ever wake feeling shame, guilt, despair, anxiety. I feel happy to be where i am at and it has taken hard work and dedication on my part and support on mwo. Each day at the beginning is different, you never know if you will be high or low but ride them out, take each day as it comes and just say "today i will not drink", a thousand times if necessary DD. Big hugs to you.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, All:

Petrel - great to see you back. It sounds like you didn't get too bad - stay strong and stay focused. The marathon is a great excuse, and I have found that now (after four months) I am more and more honest with people. I drank too much and decided to quit. They don't need the gory details, and I have gotten a lot of support. Stay close.

DD - I just posted on your other thread - stay close, too. NS gave me the advice of writing down exactly how I felt when I came here. It was brutal. Now I have it to look back on if I ever feel tempted. Read, post, read, post, sleep, eat, read, post.

Kensho?? New Dreams? Star? Others? Where are you. Come back and stay close!

xo
      Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am going to do this I am I am Iam otherwise this will kill me. I am going to get better
        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on you DD, we are all here for you. I joined in 2011 and December was it for me thank god. Also my memories of blacking out and falling off a lounge at my nieces 21st was a good incentive, one which i will not forget. I just keep imagining what i would have thought of that person on the lounge if it was not me. Not one of my most favourite memories for sure but it sent me on the path to my sobriety. You can do this, you will do this, you will get better!
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

It's an absolutely beautiful day in my part of the Nest! After a few days of horrendous winds, there's not a leaf moving. My village is next to a big dam, and one of the farmers whose farm overlooks the dam called me this morning to tell me he now knows where mirrors are made - meaning the dam is as smooth as one. Took me a while to figure that one out - it was before my morning coffee had kicked in.

You'll have to make do with instant this morning, sorry - Google is playing silly buggers!

:cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe: :cupajoe:

DD, so glad to see you're posting in the Nest again! The next few days will less than nice (now that's a nice understatement!), and you will have to bulldoze your way through them, because there is no easy way (that I know of) of doing so. So stay close, and post when you feel overwhelmed. We'll be here for you! As Ava said, it takes hard work and dedication, but the results are brilliant.

Jane, hope you feel better soon. Sometimes all we need is a good night's sleep - hope the Sleep Fairy was on duty for you.

Ava, I think the reason there are so many relapses around 3--40 days is that we all focused so much on getting through the first 30, that we never thought about life after that. After all, the advice here is to do 30 days, and then decide whether you really want to continue drinking or not. (Remember, I told myself that I would reward myself with a bottle of really good Cape Cap Classique, which is our champagne, when I got to 30 days. I still alternately blush and giggle over that.) So, perhaps that is why thoughts of moderating slip in at that stage. Perhaps we should be more alert to this, and "warn" party hatters about this?

Bran, how did it go last night? Hope you kept yourself manically busy!

Horizon, welcome here! Did I understand you correctly - eggs leading to cravings for Al? Goodness - better stay away from Lav's farm then - she's a chicken farmer, amongst others, as you probably noticed! You'll find that many, if not most, of us here were only recreational drinkers /insert big snort here/

I must get my day started - have a lovely AF Tuesday, all!
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, thanks for the relapse link. I hope you're feeling better.

New dreams. Good to see you bounce back up quickly. Butt Velcro on and I'll keep up with you.

Pav, thanks. Yeah, not out of control, but made me very depressed, very quickly. I hate the feeling. Life is too good to feel that way because of something as stupid as drinking. I love that honest response of yours. " I drank too much and decided to quit". I think that's part of it for me. I don't want to feel shamed by what people will think. The marathon excuse was working well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning -

DD and all others who are trying again - hang in there we are rooting for you!

Rahul thanks for sharing about your experience - it is helpful! I also just found the 'relapse in retrospect' thread and found that very helpful too.

Hoping everyone is strong today and has a wonderful AF day today!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Sunless still this morning but the rain has stopped for now, yay!

DD, I sincerely hope you formulate a plan & commit yourself to kicking AL out of your life once & for all. No one wants to see you continue beating yourself up. You can do this & we're here for support :l

Jane, I often get weather related headaches. That's one of the reasons I do something nice for myself like making soup
                  That soup recipe can be found here: Olive Garden Copycat Recipes: Chicken & Potato Florentine Soup
                  I substitute Daiya non-dairy cheese alternatives since I cannot tolerate dairy anymore, turns out great!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters, a quick fly by check in this morning...
                    I'm hitting the road today, hope to be back home tonight, but have my suitcase, in case the meeting runs long. Strength to everyone today, do NOT let AL claim one more day of your precious lives!! Say NO, HELL NO! You will never regret one day you spend sober! xxoo, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello checking in on Day 115....
                      I wanted to say to all relapsers----I joined in 2008 I think and was AF for about 4 months . I took a longggg break from posting here until 1/13... I had many many many day 1s I'm that time. It was not until 12/15/13 that I was able to make my quit stick past 2 weeks again. Almost at 4 months again and it has been harder so apparently 4 months is my test time probably due to PAWS. My goal is 1 year now - I'm officially putting it on here! I love being AF and it's rarely that I struggle like I did this past weekend . Thanks to MWO I made it....Have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                        Sun is out for now but more rain on the way...
                        Sitting here waiting for the cable guy....it is working for now but quits then starts again...major pain.
                        Going to try and catch up.
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Jane! I'm by all means not a recreational drinker, never have been. I think even the first time I drank I drank to excess. I just lied and told the doctor that when I went to the ER. Sorry if my post wasn't clear, I wasn't feeling very well yesterday. My husband and I decided to set our first day for Thursday and come up with a game plan to keep us busy (dinner picnic in the park with the kids) and the kids from driving us bonkers. I did cut in half last night and even started 2 hours later than I normally do and went to bed early plus ate dinner and did not allow myself to sit on the back patio where we usually sit. I didn't even drink the last one I opened. Just opened it and let it sit. We are also coming up with a game plan for the weekend.....An evening movie out with the kids, etc. Idle hands are the devils plaything and I need to keep myself moving. It's taking me a little bit to wrap my head around all of this but I spent a lot of time reading the posts in the tool box yesterday and my determination is growing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream, LOL no eggs cause me extreme pancreatic pain after a night of AL. I haven't had one in 3 years but I do miss them.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NewHorizon-
                              Having a plan is the key. When I first quit, me and my daughter had so many pizza/movie nights where we'd just camp out in the living room and eat junk food and watch movies! It was fun to do together and killed time. Plus I'd always go to bed super early! Ok, I still go to bed super early, but whatever. LOL Planning fun stuff with your kids will be good because you won't want to be drinking around them. Is there a museum or something you can go to? At night you could play board games. We busted out Monopoly a few weeks ago and my nephews came over and everyone had a great time!! I wish I could say I am smart enough to play chess, but alas. HA

Hang in there...it DOES get easier, but be patient!
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

No worries! I wish I could be recreational. One of the mom's in my daughters playgroup sent me a text yesterday to see if I wanted to go do karaoke at a bar on Saturday. I'm still trying to figure out a good response to that. I already declined the invitation last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X