Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello I am in the morning of day 3.thank you for having this place.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Jsioh1 - Way to go on three days AF - so proud of you. I know you must be feeling a little bit better, yes? AND... You never have to go through day 1 or day 2 again, ever! Do you feel good about your plan? I know mine was a work in progress the first 30 days -- indeed it still is. But the core principal has remained in stone -- I will never drink again and I will never change my mind.. That is a quote from Rational Recovery by J. Trimpey. :goodjob:
      Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well made it through a tough night ok , should be all sunshine and roses from here on ? right ?
        Ava you picked the right time to go on holiday , rained all day today and will for the next 5 days , Winters here , you'll be in for a shock when you get back . BND
        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

BND i was just face timing my daughter and she said it is dismal in melbourne. We need the rain but i do hate when you leave melbourne and its nice and come home and its crap. i will enjoy this heat then. Hope its not too cold though.

Keep going Bran, it does get better eventually and remember day 1's are the pits and you dont want to go there again. This af holiday is the bomb, remember everything, wake up feeling great, mum not peeing me off half as much.

Full body massage today and i was thinking as i was laying there that if i was hungover my anxiety levels would have been through the roof, yet i totally enjoyed the 1 1/2 hours for $18. I am not rubbing it in by the way ha ha. Pedicure tomorrow.

PS Bran i may need you to meet me at tullamarine with an overcoat please and thank you!
          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Solitaire , Good to hear from you , hope life's treating you well , my new 'puter won't let me get into the chat room [ need the assistance of a teenager when one is next around ] Life is wonderful on my end and just getting better all the time :-] BND
            Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
            Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav, thanks for asking. All good.

End of day 3 already. My bedtime. See you all tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Great Hump Day mug DTD

Congrats to those reaching day 3 AF - it get's easier now

Ava, glad you are enjoying an AF vacation. How are you going to be able to get back into work mode when vacation is over? :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Wednesday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, im working on finding a 90 year old millionaire and marrying him! Just letting you know there dont seem to be any around so work it will be. I do have another week off when i get back to celebrate my 50th sober though and to get back into the swing of things.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
                    Dream, thanks for asking about, and then locating that post! You are doing an amazing job around here. I know the pay stinks and the hours are long, but it has its own rewards, no? You are a peach!

PepperSnow, I found myself thinking that I was now operating with MORE information! Like I can make BETTER decisions because I have more information about them??!! I guess when you consider that we spent the BETTER part of a day either getting plastered or recovering from it that we really DO have more info...we are open to receive it. That alone is worth the price of admission. I'm certainly NO SMARTER!! I just remember what I've seen and heard now, I'm not preoccupied with other things!! (my next fix). I wasn't having hangovers there at the end (last several years)...I just thought feeling like hell was normal! UGG! I am so happy that you are finding your way out! In some respects, it feels like the world is now in color instead of black and white! Hard to explain, but a phenomenon, nonetheless!

Ava, your feet and body are getting WAY too much attention! When you find that 90 year old billionaire, be sure to ask if he has an older brother!!! :H

Pav, what a wonderful force you have become! I'm so proud of you! I love seeing your bouquet of flowers every morning!!

Petrel, great to see you on Day 3, and welcome Jsioh1....On day 3, you are beginning to operate under your own power! GREAT job, post often and stay connected to the MotherShip! That's what I do...and it's working!!

Hope everyone has a great day!! Happy Humpers!!! xo, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Yesterday evening went to sober dinner .. well actually was god worship dinner organised at a pretty big scale at the end of usual holy week where people people worship and dont drink and eat non veg. Some people even follow a holier (supposidly healthier diet). It was stange to see the so many folks sober whom I normally see walking around with glass. All talking how they are looking forward to ending this misery. hmm ... some had left AL for 40 days and were tasting their control and were really looking forward to res starting. I felt free at that moment thinking I dont have to drink and feel miserable feeling about not having to drink ... but that was yesterday ...

TODAY, I flew out of town for some work and staying over night in a hotel. Its pretty hot here and in the evening felt like having chilled beer. These Al brain I must tell you is a pretty cleaver piece .. but before he could fool ... went for early dinner and topped with ice cream (no sugar ... i will cut this soon). storage the same brain which was feeling grateful was feeling thirsty ...

I showed my blood results with my wife. She freaked out looking at my triglyeceries at 450. rest all was normal. I wanted to tell her how much results have improved in past 1.5 months but she does not know the struggle i have been thru ...

staying sober ... good nite ... sorry could not read the posts will do in a day or two ...
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi jsioh1....great job on 3 days. You will find lots of great people here so just keep reading and posting - watching lots of alcohol documentaries saved me in the beginning

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1646990 wrote: ?..went for early dinner and topped with ice cream (no sugar ... i will cut this soon). looking at my triglyeceries at 450. rest all was normal. I wanted to tell her how much results have improved in past 1.5 months but she does not know the struggle i have been thru ...
                          staying sober ... good nite ... sorry could not read the posts will do in a day or two ...
                          Congratulations on continuing not to drink, Rahul! For now it is important to do whatever it takes to stay AF and it seems like you are one of the people for whom sugar works as an AL substitute. Once you're feeling really secure, cutting out sugar and the starches that rapidly form sugar (and of course all AL!) would be a good idea so you can get those blood triglycerides down. Interestingly, the triglycerides in our blood are driven by the carbohydrates, not the fat or protein, that we eat.

Keep on going, Rahul - you'll never regret making this change!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, AL gets desperate to get us to go back to feeding it. The cravings get less for sure, but when they do come, it takes some work to push them out. Trust me, you are not missing out on a thing by not drinking! I am so grateful for my sobriety, it feels so good to be unchained from that dam substance! It 's not always easy, but it is always worth it. Keep up the great work! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Pretty quiet around here today - what's going on?

Jane, you picked up something viral from one of the kids I guess. Take care, drink lots of fluids :l

It was a really nice day around here, nice enough to be outside & stay out for a while. Hoping to actually get something planted this weekend. Love my homegrown, organic veggies

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Loving life and my choices. My work outs are stellar, my energy is off the chart.
                                This not drinking has many, many perks..
                                Love to you all..

Comment

Working...
                                X