Comment

Newbies Nest

Spuddleuck...
      u quack and waddle right past that bar!!:H
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome BurrCo. Well done on 14 days. It's not easy but it sure is worth it. We're a friendly bunch here so ask us anything and keep coming to visit us.
        Spuddle - you'll be fine.
        Chicken - you must be close to me.... sure is hot hey! (Nice to see you back)
        KBrown - you are sounding strong. Dont let him win by going back onto the booze.
        Hey Mazzie - hope you''re doing OK.
        Hi Lav and Tranq when you get up.
        Going to get my book - Rational Recovery and nestle down to read. So take care. Stay strong tomorrow - my worse day of the week.
        Seeya all tomorrow.
        Hippy
        I finally got it!
        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All

Started a great book today - Eating, Drinking, Over-thinking - Its all about the Toxic Triangle by Dr Susan Nolen-Hoeksema apparently she wrote a best seller Women Who Think Too Much - has anybody read and of these. I'm only of 2nd chapter but I like her style of writing and explanations so far.

P :l
          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Again!

Panno,the book sounds interesting..my type of book!
            Hippy, I am literally north of you and up the coast..can you guess where??
            Spuddleduck..yep if you quack and I cluck,then we will have a rousing chorus to wake the Nestlings...!!!!!
            Mama,Mazzie-hey you two, you sound strong!!!
            Kbrown- deep breathes are good, I am trying a few of them lately too and counting to 10
            V E R Y S L O W L Y........

Nora- you still motivate me with your positivity! Thanks
            Lav and Tranq.....you are like two staunch allies in a mighty battle, even when I'm in retreat, when I turn around and look back over my shoulder, you are both leading the charge...!!!!!!!!!!!!I can't help but turn back and take up the fight again...thankyou

*CLUCK*to all my friends here..it is nice to be back...for however long I can be!
            Chook:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Yes, it's snowing again.........will put my Greater Swiss Mountain Dog soon - see what she can do on the driveway since she loves eating snow

Chook - that was one, loud Cluck - good for you!!!!! You know that always makes me happy I hope your little one is feeling better today. Sending strength to both of you!!

HC, greetings! Wonder if you can actually hear Chook's clucking from your location????

NoraC, congrats to you on your 12 AF days, wonderful!! Keep that good feeling when you return home too. My spouse is also chronically depressed, I understand your situation. I've learned to 'mentally remove' myself to keep him from raining on my parade!!!

Hey, you two living north of the border - Sunni & Canadian Girl..........I'll be happy to return this snow that was erroneously delivered here. It belongs in your backyards, not mine

Kbrown, sending you strength today as well!

Greetings MG & LCC. Lots of slow, deep breaths really help with the anxiety. I'm not bothered by mood swings myself, the herbal supp I take (Amoryn) does a great job! Don't forget about the CDs, they are very helpful with all that.

Greetings Mazzie & Panno. Enjoy your reading Panno, sounds good!

Hi Phillip & welcome to the Nest! Congrats on your 14 AF days, that's terrific! Please make yourself comfortable here, let us know if you need anything

Spuddleduck, congrats on your 5 days, great work! Take that strength with you today to your appointment!

Mama Bear, congrats on day 3 - stay strong!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday, I'll be back later.
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,
                I love reading through this thread. i read through but often times I'm away from my computer and don't have enough time to post.
                I've had 5 out of the last seven days AF. Last night i really had to gut it out...and i did but it was really hard. I looked at my notes in my calendar from last wed. and realized that that was the day I was so hungover i had to go back to bed after i got the kids off to school. ONLY seven days ago and i can already forget how crappy i felt. I think in AA they call that stinking thinkin or something. Anyway I'm glad i looked at my notes to remind myself it's never one glass, it's usually one bottle.
                Thank you ALL for posting and all of your inspiration!
                Happy Thursday.

BTW I feel great this morning

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, all.
                  Someone asked about Rx and yawning all the time. That happened to me on two different types of AD. Very annoying, but it passed with the other side effects in a couple of weeks or so. Good luck!
                  "Kinda brainy, but with no common sense..." by permission of Anotherday

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all you fine Nesters from snowy PA! It seems everyone is doing such a great job on staying AF - you must all feel very good - be proud of yourselves!! Lav-this snow is crazy....did you hear we may get more next week?? Ugg....Jolie-is it snowing in Maryland?

I have to run now-but will check in later with snow boots on!!
                    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Newbies Nest

*yawn*

What's all that noise? I hear clucking and quacking :H

Morning nestlings... happy Thursday! (Really had to think about that one)
                      Oh, Chook, I hope the baby chick is feeling better :l Gosh, I'm glad I don't have those worries anymore. Mind you, my 17 year old dislocated his shoulder again on Tuesday - so I still do hospital runs as well.

Spuddle... you will hold your beak up high and march right past that bar. WHO would put a bar next to a 'drink shrink' (love that! :H)??? Or put the shrink next to the bar? Maybe it's his recruiting ground?

Lav, you crack me up! I thought I was being creative by employing Miss Sophie as the fully automated lawn mower... but never thought of the snow removal pup! :H I hope you don't get dumped on too much more - it's almost MARCH! Yay! You know, they already have seeds in the stores!? Ohhhhh.. it's coming, I can almost smell Spring!

Welcome BurrCo... well done on 14 days! Things should be getting easier for you coming up here shortly

Ishybit... GOOD JOB - going back to your notes! Isn't it astounding how we choose to 'forget'? Keep that note with you and use it whenever the beast raises its voice...

NoraC, Hippy, Panno, MamaBear, Mazzie, Tranq, Canadian girl, Grateful, and EVERYONE... you all sound strong and determined... wonderful to see (well, read)!

Ok, I'm off to earn my keep.. have a fabulous day!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone,

Working on day 9 AF!! Also wishing this snow would move right past us! Have a great Thursday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Excuses its early evening here in the UK and very wet!!! Great going on 9AF :goodjob:
                          Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Panno,

Thank you and good evening to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

COLD SUNNY DAY IN TN!

Morning all-

Have the day off from work, really meant to get up a lot earlier, that didn't happen but oh well. Trying to prioritize my day it seems so hard when you are beginning to get AL free(day 3 today for me) to prioritize and take any action. Even tho I have a MILLION things to do. Maybe a list and rank importance? It's my only day off before a test at school Monday so I know studying is most important and getting this house cleaned up is high on the list too, have to keep Mr.MG happy. Not a great housekeeper, he's not that neat either tho!

Thanks Canadiangirl for the advice about the yawning-it is hard at work at the bank bc customers come up and I can't stop yawning. Hopefully will pass as you said.

Need to make some effort not to stay isolated here in the house all day and get out(anywhere but wine store). There is a beautiful library downtown so I was thinking of going there to study. I kind of wanted to work out too. Only so many hours in the day tho.

Hope everyone else is having a great Thursday so far.

MG29:l
                              I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

MG....go for a walk...put on that IPOD and pound out a few miles...it's so pretty outside when u r not wasted!
                                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Working...
                                X