Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So it is Saturday night and I am lonely.

So it is Saturday night and I am lonely.

Ah now I get part of the puzzle. I started to drink again a year ago because of a lost relationship. But I just kept on drinking and drinking and drinking.
    So I was actually sitting here thinking that going out to a nice place and sit at the bar and drink tonic water with lime it.

God sometimes I can't believe what pops into this brain of mine and I actually was thinking it was a good idea. WRONG
    So I have come back to my senses and am not going anywhere near a nice bar, club or anywhere that serves alcohol.

So I know a bunch of you on here have a partner to keep them company (maybe)
    But what do you single people do with the feelings of being lonely?

I love my dogs but they don't talk very much so I was just wondering what if any suggestions any of you might have?

Wow almost had a brain fart and went out. Instead of going out I made the choice to type in my feelings on here.

Thank you for being here.

rednose :nutso:
    All things in time if I am Alcohol free

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Finally had a real nice Spring day around here - nice

Rednose, I know feeling lonely is a huge problem & I'm right there with you despite the fact that I have been married nearly 41 years. I've been alone in my marriage to a chronically negative & depressed person. When the kids were still around I was OK but as they grew & flew the coop then I really started feeling lonely & that's when my drinking career began. At this point I just try to focus on the positives in my life (there are many). I have 3 great grandkids that I spend a good deal of time with & help keep me busy. I try to take the focus off my 'worries' & just do things for others. Let's face it - the internet itself is a great source of entertainment & makes staying connected with people much easier
      Btw - I have 2 dogs & 30 chickens & I talk to them more than I should :H
      Focus on your quit right now, the rest will fall into place for you!

Dila, you mentioned coming home tired & automatically poured wine. That sounds like habitual drinking, I used to do that too. Remember, nothing changes if nothing changes. You have to take steps to change those old habits, replace them with new, healthy habits.
      After that first glass of wine there was no controlling it for me.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Let's all wake up to a super sober Sunday

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Red good on you for realising what that al brain was trying to get you to do and posting on here. That shows you mean business with this al crap. My dogs dont talk much either but i used to watch al movies, Flight, Smash (ed), watch docos on youtube. They are a real eye opener, i used to think i could never get to that stage of being an alkie but now i realise i was in the process. I also rearranged the loungeroom, cleaned kitchen cupboards, started knitting. Anything to keep that al brain from getting active. You can do this Red, do not have al in the house and avoid going out at all costs.

Mom the witching hour is hell on wheels i must say. I dont know how i managed to keep my hands on the steering wheel and guide the car into my driveway. Once i got home i put my pj's on and then could not be bothered to go and get al after that. I shopped in the mornings before work and before the bottlo's were open. I changed my routine completely for the first few weeks. I did not go anywhere where there was al at all. There will come a time when that urge/craving stops but until that i avoided situations with al like the plague.

Rahul in 10 days you will be up to 60 days and so close to that 100. Triple digits, say no more. I suffered more from anxiety that has basically gone since i stopped drinking. I have been on ad's for years and now i have not been drinking i have found that i still get lows, not bad but still feel the pull of being worthless and whats the point! I know what the point is and so i keep taking that pill. Be strong Rahul you are doing so well.

Dila unless you stop drinking you will always drink, sorry but those are my thoughts. we are alcoholics, we cant moderate, we drink, we get drunk. i could start drinking now and have one, then two then before i know it i will be back to my 2 bottles a night. An alcoholic does not take much time to be back to square one or worse. The excuses would start, the justification, the remorse, the guilt, the shame, the anxiety, the isolation. I have none of those feelings as i do not drink.

Well nearly ready to leave alkies paradise, a bar every 5 feet down the street, the coffee shops sell al, the 711's sell al, its everywhere but i am loving being af. My daughter told me she was so proud of me today for doing this holiday sober, they were worried as they have been here also. I feel as if i was going to fail being sober this would be the prime opportunity and newbies it has not been difficult to say no to al. the more sober time the easier it becomes.

Home on Good Friday, turn 50 on Easter Sunday and all done sober. I have broken the cycle in our family of alcoholics and I for one hope it ends with me.

Take care all on our af weekend, feels good on monday to wake up sober.

Glad you are finally springing Lav and Byrd what a great idea about turning the wineglass over!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Petrelhead;1648052 wrote: MAE all. Just a quick hello to everyone. I've had a lot going on of late. Start of day 7 here.
          I hope to pop in later for a chat. Great to see so many going so well.
          Hey petrel, glad your re going steady. Just wondering how can one chat here ?
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Hope everybody had a great Saturday!

Help yourself to some coffee! There's more than enough for everybody.

Pop over to the weekly brag thread, and post your days! I never posted there when I first started here, simply because I felt in awe of the numbers there - but the numbers are not the point: the point is being AF and celebrating it! https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1648150

Have a lovely AF Sunday all - they really are the best!
            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night, Nest:

Red - I can be lonely, too, even though I am married. I felt pretty down today so I meditated, read, went online, cleaned the house, did a couple sun salutations, went for a walk and talked on the phone to an old friend. Pretty much by myself because my family was gone most of the day. I have always been a very social person and spending some quality time with myself has been part of my journey. Just pondering - not worrying. It feels good.

Petrel - Glad you're back in it to win it. 7 MORE days! Keep 'em coming.

Love the mugs, Dreamy. As it is still Saturday here I'll post on Jackie's thread in the morning. I have ventured over there, too, now. Any number AF is a great number...

Ava - so very proud of you. Sounds like a wonderful vacation. What is your plan for your big birthday? Remember, I'm coming down to Melbourne to celebrate (ok, only via the Internet).

Lav- I didn't know Stella had 29 brothers and sisters. My word. What do you do with all the eggs? I want chickens but I am afraid of the neighbors as I live quite close on both sides. Are they loud? Overly smelly?

OK, on my way to sleep. Looking forward to waking up, not at 3am with anxiety and a pounding heart, but at a decent hour with a great night's sleep.

Butt velcro, passing left.

xo
              Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Darn dogs got me up way too early, oh well!

Pav, Stella has all sisters - no boys allowed :H
                I have some regular egg customers so I manage to get rid of all the eggs.
                They group can get noisy at times, so much clucking :H
                They don't smell much if you keep the coop clean. I live in a farming area & no neighbor is all that close. My closest neighbor used to have 2 goats, they were interesting, to say the least.

Ava, you are having quite an adventure. I am happy for you!

Love those mugs DTD - make me want to go to Paris again

Greetings Rahul & Petrel!
                Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All , Good to see so many doing well , and the newcomers - hang in there !!
                  Day 15 for me and all going well , its been a wintery weekend and we lit the fire for the first time this year , a bit tempting to picture a glass of red in the hand , but a nice cup of tea was just the ticket . After 5 cups of tea I started to wonder " is drinking this much tea bad for you ? " Answer "it can't be as bad as 10 glasses of wine " And still got a good nights sleep .
                  BND .
                  Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                  Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, I was trying to taper off before I stopped. I ordered the supplements over a week ago but did not get them yet. I called the company and they were holding the order as they were out of one of the vitamins I ordered. They did put it in the mail on Friday so hopefully they come soon. I did have a few days last week where I only had 2 drinks and a day where I did not drink at all but last night I did not stop! I do not want to drink at all. I am not trying for moderation I want to be AF.

Available and Lavanda, you are right! Thanks for the support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Dila.

Unless you've been drinking tremendous amounts daily, most people find it works better to simply quit. The supplements will help build your body back up but that takes time - they are not miracle cures for drinking. You can stop before they arrive. Many people don't take them at all.

You've got to cut off the food supply of this beast 100% and there is no better time than right now - before that voice starts sweet-talking you again as to why you need just a bit. You don't need any.

Post instead of drinking, ok? This is hard but many of us are proof that it can be done. We weren't better or stronger or less addicted than you are.

All the best, NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello everyone...

Hello, I'm Fleur23 and I joined today... I posted in the Starting Out area and now I'm posting here.... I will get the hang of this I hope... bye for now.
                        ~Fleur23~
                        "Saw the light" in August 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Fleur!

Are you French ?

Feel free to ask any questions or tell us about yourself. We aren't easily shocked .

:welcome: NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Fleur! Stick around this is a wonderful place with tremendous support!

Hi everyone - checking in and a beautiful weekend it is here!

Dream - you asked awhile ago what will be on the Easter menu - we will have ham but also a chicken or beef dish - my niece's boyfriend does not eat pork. Don't know exactly what that will be just yet. And green rice casserole, asparagus, a salad, and something with fruit. We will have about 18 people.

Dila and Mom - Lav makes a good point about habitual drinking. You just need to break that habit! I never thought I'd see the day, but lately after a long day, instead of thinking 'i can't wait to get home and relax and have a glass of wine', I have found myself thinking 'I can't wait to get home and relax and have a cup of tea'. I have been shocked and proud and very pleasantly surprised to find myself thinking this - it does happen! I am on day 46 and this has been happening for about 3 weeks or so.

BND that's funny about the tea! I have been drinking so much tea too - even at work now I drink 2-3 cups and alternate with water. I am now thinking of going to one of those 'fancy' tea places and treating myself to some really good tea and accessories...I deserve it

Ava - good for you on your AF vacation! It must feel great! And so exciting to have a milestone birthday coming up and something to really celebrate along with it!

Everyone - have a great AF day!

Frances

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, You are right, I am using not having the supplements as an excuse. Been sitting here for over an hour reading the Toolbox. I'm making excuses. I need to stop today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good! Just be DONE, Dila. It will be the best choice you've ever made :l.

Comment

Working...
                                X