Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Still Saturday here so technically I'm not late wishing you a very Happy Birthday Ava :bday7:
    50 seems like a million years ago to me :H

Everyone just getting restarted today, please hang in there & stay close to the nest. There is great power in numbers

Mimi, all I did was one day at a time. I did that over & over & over. You can do the same if that's what you really want & I think you do!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:bday7: Happy birthday ava!!!!
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

The weekend is half over (at least here) and life is good. Just a quick not to say:

HAPPY 50th AVA
        and
        HAPPY 140!

What a great birthday gift to yourself. Glad you're home safely and I hope the jet lag completely vanishes by the time you wake up!
        Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Everyone:

I posted this on its own thread, but I'll post it here as well for all the returnees - is from a podcast called The Bubble Hour that NoSugar posted, and the episode is called Relapse Prevention: Tips, Tools and Tales. A lot of very good information about working to stay sober, even when we feel great. I sometimes get tired of focusing on alcohol, and it doesn't have to be the center of my life, but these stories show the importance of staying connected to a sober community and continuing to work on staying sober.

I am going to bed now, but Dila, Red, Mimi, Pepper and all you lurkers - we CAN do this sober thing. It really can work. I believe...

xo
          Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post! I'm feeling better today and just going to try and do what was suggested and concentrate on getting ME better and not worry about what others think of me.

Hope you had a wonderful b-day Ava! Byrdie- we so do have sooo much in common. .. HUGS!

Don't have much time right now, but hope all of you have a wonderful holiday! I'm doing a big dinner tonight...plus have some flowers I want to plant a bit later today.

Love to all of you and stay strong! We can do this together! - Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Easter to those observing!
              I am also cooking dinner for half of my family tonight Sarah. The weather is nice so I will be outside as much as possible as well

Wishing everyone a great AF day. Enjoy yourselves but remember your plans, AF holidays rock!!!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Easter to everyone!

Happy Birthday Ava!

Hugs to all of you who have been so supportive.

I made yesterday Day 1 and was able to not drink at all last night. Was not able to sleep at all last night but still did not get up and drink. I went to the sunrise mass this morning with my husband. He goes every Sunday but I don't. It made him so happy that I went. I promised myself that this is the start of my 30 days and life will be better AF. Having dinner at friends house who do not drink at all so should be easier. Trying to remain strong.

Dila

Comment

Newbies Nest

What a wonderful Easter Sunday for you, Dila.

It is hard at the beginning not to drink but it is so much harder to keep drinking. If your life was wrecked enough that you found this site, I know you know what I mean :l.

Stay close, make a plan, and promise that you will come post before you drink if you are tempted. Someone will be able to help you make a better choice or you'll actually be able to talk yourself out of drinking by taking that break and typing out your thoughts and feelings.

I had been lying to myself and others about the extent of my problem but I was committed to tell the truth here. Knowing that if I drank I would have to come post that I did so was a powerful deterrent!

All the best to you - NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all. Back again after a few months. Day one.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hoppy Easter, all!
                      Willow, welcome back!
                      Dila, brilliant job! Things are looking up already!! Bringing joy to others is a great reward!
                      Sarah, its been raining here all weekend, I was hoping to pick up some flowers and get them out, but its too cold and wet. I hope your dinner is a success! Is ham on the menu? What time should I be over? I love a good ham!
                      Ava...you oughta put that post in the Tool box, it says so much about this journey!
                      So many great Posts! Hope everyone has a peaceful Easter! Concentrate on today! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrdie.

I hope everyone is having a good Easter. I am just making a roast dinner for us - DH and I haven't even got dressed today! I've spent a fair chunk of it sleeping (sleeping off the hangover) and playing with the children. DH and I were just talking about me coming back here, once again he's just really hoping that I can stick with it this time. We worked out that by drinking on average 6 bottles of wine a week, that's 312 bottles a year, costing a grand total of ?1560. That's a family holiday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                          Church this morning and it was very nice. DH and I were the best dressed in the church...I guess I am old fashioned but folks just don't dress up anymore....some of them looked like they were off to work in the yard or something...guess as long as they come it shouldn't matter....but still it is Easter.....used to love getting a new hat for the occasion...at least the weather was beautiful and warm for a change. Off to a friends for an early dinner...
                          Back later.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all - like Dottie's day, we had a beautiful day here, finally! Byrdie, sorry for your rain, but at least planting is in your future! Unless I shovel the snow out of my garden, I still have another 2 months before planting will be a possibility!

My DH and I went to church this morning for the first time in 2 years. Our youngest had volunteered to play the piano during the youth sunrise service. It's a long story about why she's been attending and we haven't, which relates back to me and AL, but anyway we went to see her play and it was so beautiful.

What I wasn't expecting was the impact that the focus on new life, renewal, starting over and forgiveness had on me -- not from a Christian perspective (I wouldn't describe myself as a Christian, actually) but from the standpoint of starting over and forgiving myself even being possible.

I've only been thinking of these past weeks as clawing myself out of a hole in the ground. The concept of a new life, like a Part 2, never really occurred to me until this morning. I don't think I'm explaining myself very well, but hopefully somebody knows what I mean.

Anyway, I hope all are doing and feeling well today and got through the weekend in one piece. Take care, all!
                            Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila, Red, Willow how are you all today? Keep posting on here, it certainly makes you more accountable in getting al out of your lives. Its definitely doable this roller coaster ride of sobriety.

Dil, i had huge problems sleeping for weeks and i learnt to sleep when i was tired and accept that i did this to my body so it needed to recover. So if i was awake at 1am so be it, if i was asleep at 6pm, then fine. Not sure how i functioned at work but i did it to some extent.

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, god now i have birthdays starting in 5 but thats fine by me, i was at that stage where i thought what was the point of celebrating anything let alone a birthday and after what i have put my body and mind through i am grateful for making it and my first sober birthday in oh, its eluding me! At least 27 years as my daughter is 27 next month. I thank you all for your love and support to helping me get to where i am today.

Pepper to me not drinking is a whole new life, sometimes i think "is this it" and yes it is it. It is what i make it though and i can live without the emotions that drinking gave me. I am a different person and as my daughter said to me "i love the sober you mum". I feel a sense of calmness that i never felt in my life and that is such a good feeling.

I am now over the jetlag and have a head cold, i am not a happy woman at all and so much to do around the house. My sons will never be employed as house cleaners! But i am just going to take it easy and rest because i can.

Happy Easter to all overseas and enjoy the day with your family.
                              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I had a nice Easter day with some of my family, weather was decent although we have freeze warnings for tonight, oh well.

Dila, good for you getting day one done
                                Hello & welcome back Willow, stick around now & we'll give you a hand.

Ava, rest up & don't let the head cold get you down after your big adventure!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X