Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ta Rox! I really enjoy finding mugs each day. Nice seeing you here - and Petrel!
    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dream,

I need to be a lot more serious this time. And post here more often. All you guys (and girls) make so much difference. Ultimately, I want to be happy. And that will only happen with Al out of my life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Butt velcro, for everybody who needs it - and we all do from time to time!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nester,

Up way early today but I have to go watch grandsons for the day. Doesn't hurt watching the sunrise once in a while

Petrel, buckle yourself in & remember your goals!

Jane, why don't you get in touch with your doc about the severe mood swings? You shouldn't have to suffer like that, honestly. Glad you are staying in touch with us

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Hump day for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav,

Yes, a little more serious this time. Yes, there are plenty of positive goals. Thanks.

Dream, nice one

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream there is no purple butt velcro so what do i do? i'll just dangle off lav and byrds tail feathers till there is purple for me to strap myself in.

Lav i am so jealous of your grandchildren time, i keep asking kiera when she is going to get pregnant and she tells me to stop nagging. I tell her i gave up drinking for this lol.

Petrel change that to totally serious not a "little more"
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lunchtime check in! Still got the headache - I know it's withdrawal but it sucks! We didn't go swimming in the end - I remembered that it was St George's Day here so DD and I dressed up - hilarious! Found out a bit more about who he was, did some colouring ... all was going well until DS refused to do his reading and I told him that if he won't let me teach him, he'll just have to go back to school. Poor boy was in tears, promising he'd do his work, pleading with me not to send him back to school cos he'd miss me so much. It was heartbreaking (probably also why I have a headache). He calmed down eventually and we had a chat and he did his work. I feel pretty upset by his reaction though - so there's a trigger right there. Just got to get afternoon lessons out the way and then I can read a book which will help.

Comment

Newbies Nest

the purple one is for Ava and me (and all other lovers of purple)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone - nice to see so many people here! Stopping in quickly to wish everyone a strong and AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

industrial strength butt velcro needed over here dream.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roxy, can you get busy with something - gardening for instance? That itchy feeling of something not being quite there is awful - the only way I got over it was to read here - picked a forum, picked a page and then just read. Plenty of hugs on their way over to you.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ing-53608.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

mimi911;1652371 wrote: just checking in. Know I would get sick if I drank so I haven't drank. Haven't taken the antibuse for about 6 days. I'm wondering if I can take it once a week because as long as it's in my system even a little I can't drink.
                          It's more of a psychological thing.
                          Mimi...this note really struck me.
                          "I know I would get sick if I drank so I haven't drank", BUT I HAVEN'T TAKEN THE AB
                          FOR ABOUT 6 DAYS. I'm no rocket scientist, but this sounds like you are testing the boundaries of the drug. From what I have observed on this site, the indications are to take the pill every day, right? It absolutely IS a psychological thing, but you must take the pill for it to do its job (as you know). I'm no expert on AB, but I do consider myself one on ALK'ism. If your brain sees an opportunity to drink without repercussions it will do it. Take the option away! Take the pill. Testing the waters like this must be agony....'can I get away with it?' You may be ADDING pressure to the equation instead of making it easier for yourself. Sorry to jump on this, but we are all here to help each other and to shore up our Plans. Lav always used to ask me, "What is your Plan, what is your Plan???". Truth was, I didn't have one. If your plan is to QUIT drinking once and for all, make that plan and if AB is part of it, write that in there! Take the Pill. I've seen folks play Russian Roulette with that drug and it's not pretty! Be careful. Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dream i will velcro myself to you, purple it is.

I was reading NN from the beginning tonight, yep i was bored and way better than drinking and found this post. I find it is very insightful.

It's been so long since we've touched and since I've held you. I can remember how you smell and taste, but it doesn't bring the memories I thought it would. I thought I was so in love with you...I thought I needed you so very badly, but now when I think about you, I only think about the deceit, the lies, the hate, the hurt, and the disease."

I drank for joy and became miserable.

I drank to be outgoing and became self centered.

I drank to be sociable and became lonely.

I drank for friendship and made enemies.

I drank to soften sorrow and wallowed in self-pity.

I drank for sleep and awakened without rest.

I drank for strength and felt weak.

I drank for relaxation and got the shakes.

I drank for confidence and felt unsure

I drank for courage and became afraid

I drank for assurance and became doubtful

I drank to forget thoughts and had blackouts

I drank for conversation and tied my tongue

I drank to be in heaven and I came to know @#!*%

I drank to forget and became haunted

I drank for freedom and became a slave (of alcohol)

I drank to ease problems and saw them multiply

I drank to cope with life and invited death.

I drank because I had the "right" to and everything turned out wrong.

Said this fellow, "It must have taken a bunch of booze to get you in this shape?

I said, "Just one. For me one is too many and a thousand isn't enough."

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, you ought to tuck that into the Tool Box...if it is there, it could easily be missed, and it's too good to get buried! xxoo!! B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats what i thought too Byrd and its so damn true. Reading it was like a slap in the face of what al does to ourselves. It was only on page 1700+, reading about your early days was a real inspiration though but sad to see some members not here anymore. xx

Comment

Working...
                                X