Congrats, pavati! You always inspire me

Comment

Newbies Nest

been here for hours reading...

did not drink at all...

j-vo saving the green ones for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone , I'm still holding up well , just wondering how do you put a signature line on messages ?
        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dila!

Bran New, go to "Quicklinks" near your name on upper right side and click on "edit signature."
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dil great work on not drinking, its hard but doable if you remember all the crap feelings you woke up with after drinking and how you life was totaly crap drinking. This thought keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Jim, thanks for wondering where i am, i am here but still feeling not well, this flu has knocked me for six.

Where are you Dot? I hope you are better now, unless we have the same bug then i know you are unwell.

Keep going newbies, just because it is friday (well in Aus), does not give us an excuse to drink as not drinking is the best celebration we can give ourselves.
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks J-Vo
              Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
              Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all I am feeling much better. Crud is lingering a little with my cough but that is all. Made it to the gym yesterday so that helped.
                8 months today and I am very proud of that. The nest is a HUGE part of my success. It is possible and if I can do it so can all of you!!!
                Edited to correct AF time...maybe I am not well yet.....good grief....
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on 8 months Dottie! That's fantastic!

I can relate to everyone thinking I'm successful and have a good marriage and 2 wonderful children so my life is good. No one knows I have a big problem because I always drink at home. No one who knows me would every suspect I have so many fears and disappointments in my life.
                  Dila - I hear ya - that's my situation too. I'll have to look into that book - sounds like one I could relate to. Good for you for hanging through this evening!

Just checking in to say hello. Have a great night everyone.

Edited - correction from 80 days to 8 months- brain fart...sorry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to report flood waters around the area have been receding all day. What a day of rain we had yesterday!!

Dot, good to hear you are feeling semi-human again & Congrats on 80 AF days

Hello & welcome Orimus, glad you decided to join us!

Dila, keep going - it's one day at a time! Good job resisting those drinking thoughts!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad to hear you are ok in body at least Dot, maybe not the mind saying 80 days. 8 months is something to be very proud of and you have done amazingly well from when you first started on mwo. If i had not of been so stupid in thinking i could moderate i would be sharing this milestone with you but i'm pretty damn proud of 5 months. Not that i will ever catch you but i will be following close behind in your footsteps. congratulations friend. xxx
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Late check in.

Way to go on 8 months, Dot! I saw 80 days and thought I had missed a relapse in there. I'm always going to be behind you with you leading the way.

The Bubble Hour ladies also interviewed Sarah Allan Benton who wrote Understanding the High Functioning Alcoholic (here is a review of the book). I haven't read the book, but in the interview they talk about having it all together on the outside while struggling mightily in private. One problem that comes with that is that people don't always believe you're an alcoholic, so they may not be as supportive. I know I mention the Bubble Hour a lot (thanks, NoSugar), but they are three professional women with kids who talk very honestly about alc0hol and their lives, and I am getting a lot out of it ATM.

Hi, Ican. Always glad to see you pop in.

You know the drill, nesters - Friday needs a plan. Mine is yoga and then a fundraiser for my kids school. I will eat a snack before, give my drink ticket to my DH, order a club soda right away to have something in my hand, and be the designated driver to get us home.

xo
                        Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters!!

This day is doing fine I guess with a small amount of hiccups and still facing the usual things
                          and still fighting the usual battle but although I'm struggling I will keep on facing a new day
                          and I will be here to get inspiration from you guys. Finally I decided to check out some places to seek treatment to my meth addiction. I will update you guys on my situation soon.
                          Alcohol will hit you bad but you can always turn your back
                          Alcohol can bring a lot of misery but there is a solution because it's not a mystery
                          Alcohol will give you pleasure but in the future it will give you pain that you cannot treasure

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Didn't visit here yesterday, so lots of catching up to do.

Dottie, well done on eight months - absolutely great!

Have a lovely AF Poets Day, Nesters - it's the start of a sober weekend here at Casa Dreamy - not a license to drink as much as possible as quickly as possible for as long as possible. And waking up sober on a Saturday or Sunday morning must be the best feeling in the world, except perhaps for waking up sober on a Monday or a Tuesday or a Wednesday... you get my drift!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all. It's Friday night here in Aus. I've had a very busy week. So glad it's the weekend. The thought of Al is tempting, but will have some dinner very soon instead.

Wishing everyone a wonderful upcoming and AF weekend. A clear head and healthy body to enjoy it with.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, checking in late as well.

I just want to say CONGRATS! to PAV, Petrel, Dot (and others I forgot) and all the newbies too! Ya'll are doing great and you inspire me. I know I will get there myself with the help of you all...I just gotta get my mind to say 'stop'.

I am sticking here and not giving up as I am drinking less than I was...but I want to stop.

I have been here for over 2 months at least..,and had 1 day AF. That's not exactly the time I wanted. I was hoping to have the 30 day challenge at least behind my belt by now, but noooo.

Byrdie said at one post it took her 3 years i think to finally stop it, but I don't want to wait that long.

I've had a plan in place since after the first week I joined here...my problem is..is I just haven't decided I'm ready. That pisses me off cause that means I'm weak IMO. I know I will get there...I just have to simply do it.

Much love to everyone,

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                                X