Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats fat fella and Dila , 7 day is big ... Congrats but keep it going ! You will see Britt days ahead, enjoy the new new life.
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters!

Well done, Fat and Dila! I still remember how proud I was of myself after seven days - hope you feel the same way!

Quick reminder - visit this thread to shout out your AF days: https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ml#post1656966

It really does not matter how many days you have - each day sober is a victory, so please post your days there as well.

Have a great AF Sunday everybody!
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Up bright & early, waiting for the sun to make a real appearance
        My day will be filled with a lot of outside work - I hope!
        What's everyone else doing to stay out of trouble today?

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Everyone,
          Woke up with a pounding headache. Not sure if it's from not having AL in my system or from the dust from all the cleaning I did yesterday, very allergic to dust. Sitting here having coffee and took an allergy pill. Even with the headache I feel bright and alert and it is so nice to remember what I did the night before. I made it thru Saturday night without a drink. Ate ice cream instead.

Happy to be on Day 8!

Thanks everyone for their encouragment and Byrdie for the dancing arses for FF and me!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Plan for the day...going to buy a bike. Dick's is having a sale starting today. Yesterday went and picked out the model and other accessories I'll need. Sis, girlfriend, and DH all have bikes, so now it's my turn.

Brand new day, I looked that up after you posted it. May be a good one to rent. Thanks.

Dila, good for you on choosing ice cream instead of poison.

Have a great day!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all from sunny Canada eh? It's still chilly but seeing the sun so nice and bright has us all feeling like perhaps there is still hope for a spring here LOL

I'm a month away from one year AF and feeling fabulous. I can't believe that sneaky AL still trying to work his way into my thoughts. "If you can quit for a year you can't be an alky" "Why not have just one and see if you can manage it?"

Are you freaking kidding me? After all I went through to get here you think I'll let you back into my life you sleazy b@st@rd? Absolutely not.

Newbies! Sorry I haven't been here much to cheer you on. Since I quit AL I seem to have what is commonly called a "life"! Who knew? But every now and then I pop in and I am reminded that this is where I went when I needed help, this is where I got the help and then I remember to thank you all. Thanks for sharing your lives, you never know who you will touch by just being honest. Kudos to you all for finding your way here and for being here to help others.
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in from my phone. On the way back home. Had a great visit. Hope everyone has an easy day. Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila, congrats - you, too, FF! I swear by ice cream. Keep it up! I allow myself 2 low-fat ice cream treats every evening - one immediately when I get home from work to take the place of my cocktail ritual (weight watchers makes these 90 calorie chocolate toffee bars...yumm!) and one as desert after dinner. :goodjob:

BND - I'm going to check out that movie for sure -thanks for the mention.

3June - I so appreciate your post. That was what I needed to read this morning, as I just had AL thoughts last night, which was a surprise as I wasn't out and about and hadn't been craving Al at all. Just suddenly my brain went to, "DH is having a drink, I think I'll join him." Totally out of the blue. I didn't plan it - it was like this invisible other person was inside my head. I mentally replied to her, "NO, and shut the f*** up." And that was it. After I thought about it, I know the trigger was because we were grilling outdoors, as spring has FINALLY arrived with a heat wave of 50 degrees, and I associate outdoor grilling with AL.

Anyway, it was a reminder that we have to beware of those sneak attacks that I'm sure will come up with increasing frequency this summer. Maybe the rest of you have more experience post-winter with warm weather than I have and have already dealt with this, but while I've kind of figured out how to be AL-free safely inside my house, I'll have to figure out how to do it outdoors at backyard bbq's, the lake cabin, etc. now that hibernation season is finally over. The truth is summers were one big drunk for me, but I know I can do this as can you all. Personally, I need to amp up my "plan" to factor in the summer lifestyle, which I haven't had to deal with yet.

Cheers to all for a happy AF Sunday, and warmer, storm-free weather ahead of us!
                  Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Two weeks today!!! I am really starting to feel better and not think or obsess of the alcholol as much now. I enjoyed a night on the patio with a sparkling water in a wine glass and was fine. We went to watch the Kentucky Derby at a big track betting bar scene. I really wanted a drink like the old day. I did not though. Had 2 diet cokes. The weird and cool thing was..... i felt a buzzz. i think maybe just feeling high on life, or the bubly in the coke did the trick. Truely a good feeling to go to a place and still have fun!!!!!
                    ?Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.?

― John Wayne

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mesh,
                      well done!! and it is great not waking up feeling like poop!
                      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job Meshell! funny grilling was metioned for me thats a killer trigger! the smell,being outside,hubs sipping his beer while he cooks,ugh,i tried it once except i pounded beers while i was grilling and didnt even eat the steaks i was cooking,what a waste! everyone in the nest is doing great,keep it up guys
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for all the Congrats guys, day 8 and still going strong. Well done Dila, this is now officially a team effort! Byrd, thanks for the awesome moon.

No time to post properly now but will be back on tomorrow.
                          I can beat this.
                          Today is the day I start.
                          1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper,
                            Pav and I've talked about this summer "thing." I don't work in the summer and it's always been a drunkfest for me, too. Where I could manage a AF days during the week, it wasn't happening during the week in the summer. But I think that as we are learning the AF life now, it'll be easier for us in the summer. We'll have those thoughts of "wow, I used to have a glass of wine while we were grilling (who am I kidding anyhow? I never had just one)" that's just a thought and those thoughts will come and they will go. We're going to feel that tug here and there, but let's not let it bring us down. How did those grilling nights end up anyway? Oops! Can't remember!!! So, it'll be a great summer where we'll remember good times. Time to start making new memories.

Meshel, congrats on your two weeks.

Dila, no hangover headache and that's what's important.

Have a great night.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening, Nesters. Great to be home!
                              Getting thru the summer season just takes some forethought. Dont let yourself get hungry while grilling, maybe have a bunch of grapes os a snack to munch on instead of drinking like there's no tomorrow. It wont take long to associate grilling with other things besides drinking! You do it just like we got thru the winter months....one day at a time! Great job everyone! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Planted my garden today. It was a beautiful sunshiny day. I did have the fleeting thought of how good a drink would be but the voice in my head told it to shut up and go away. Funny how we associated spring with AL....but we can enjoy it without...yes we can!!
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X