Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters....a quick fly in!
    I thought I saw some lingerie flying by.....
    :flyingunders:

Ican, maybe THIS will be just what you needed? Your 150 Day prize! It don't get much bedda dan dat!!! I hope you are feeling better this morning!!

Off to the races today, another overnight tonight. Going out with 2 manufacturer's reps. I will NOT be drinking!
    Hope everyone has an easy day! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
      Beautiful day. I agree with ava that now we have choices since the day is not arranged around when, what and making sure the supply would last the night. What a mess that was. I still have thoughts about how lovely a glass of wine would be but I know full well it would be a bottle or 3 so it is not worth it. I can now wake up and look forward to getting things done and not having to think about AL. It is so freeing and makes me feel good about myself too. It is so worthwhile and we are here to support each other in this....WOOHOO for us!!
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rewards

Hi to Everyone! Just wanted to check in - think of this group often. I have more than met my goals regarding alcohol, and I just wanted to thank you all for being there during my difficult beginning. I also wanted to say that I have never felt something was more worth it - not abusing alcohol has opened up a new life to me, full of self-appreciation, calm, presence, and growth - the way life should be lived. Don't ever doubt the journey - the rewards are worth the pain! Keep up the good work All!
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ICAN - hang in there. Anyone who has the strength to get to 150 days is amazing, and capable of beating anything. I was on meds for anxiety for years but I stopped taking them because I didnt like what they did to me. I firmly believe that my anxiety/OCD/drinking are all linked, which is one reason I am so determined to beat this once and for all.

Dila - day 10 now (not sure where you are in the world, but your day 8 post must be a day out?). Going strong. How are you coping/feeling? I am pretty positive most of the time with the occasional sulk/resentment that I cant drink. Then I remind myself that I can drink anytime I want, I just dont want to do that anymore.

Need to start taking this L Glutamine regularly to deal with the sugar cravings as Im eating too many sweet thimgs to compensate for the AL. The FF tag is an old nickname from years ago, and I dont want to actually become fat.

Have a good evening/afternoon/morning depending where you are.
          I can beat this.
          Today is the day I start.
          1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho, So good to see you doing well! It really is a wonderful new world ( or at least one we've forgotten) to be AF.

Ava and Dot. You are so right. I can't believe the extra time not drinking has opened up. Not to mention the luxury of thinking with a clear head everyday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes! I truly feel
              So much better and you cannot know how all your words helped. I'm off for a ladies only beach trip and I'm ready to go sober to the beach for the first time since 1992!!!! Thanks to my MWO family

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brydlady,

My one post may be good but your each and every one is incredible !

Byrdlady;1657702 wrote:
                Rahul posted something yesterday that was also incredible....one of his own posts after he had fallen, he was in an airport lounge, feeling the GSR's. A dignitary came into the lounge complete with entourage....guess what he was drinking? TEA. AL adds nothing for us except MORE misery. Look at adjusting your meds first. For us alkies, AL is never the answer. NEVER. Dont undo all your hard work. Give yourself TIME. Al is a first class ticket back to hell.. You have been here since 2008, nothing has changed. Please stay the course! Do NOT give in!!! No matter what!!! Byrdie
                Rahul
                --------------------------------------------
                Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                Rebooting ... done ...
                Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

FF - Day 10! I missed a day...LOL been working too much. I just started taking the L-Glut because all I do is eat ice-cream. I just lost 18 pounds and have 30 more to go so I do not want to gain it back. I know I gained a few but still better than drinking.

j-vo - Good Luck with your trip!

Hope everyone has a good night.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kenso,

Good to see you. I was worried as you suddenly stopped posting. I totally share your view on the life without AL. It is just great ... ! good to see you stick around

KENSHO;1657922 wrote: Hi to Everyone! Just wanted to check in - think of this group often. I have more than met my goals regarding alcohol, and I just wanted to thank you all for being there during my difficult beginning. I also wanted to say that I have never felt something was more worth it - not abusing alcohol has opened up a new life to me, full of self-appreciation, calm, presence, and growth - the way life should be lived. Don't ever doubt the journey - the rewards are worth the pain! Keep up the good work All!
                    Rahul
                    --------------------------------------------
                    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                    Rebooting ... done ...
                    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to see everyone is enjoying life as it was meant to be

Glad you are doing well Kensho

j-vo, good luck on your trip! DC can be a fun place - love the zoo!!

Greetings to one & all & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'night nesters! Made it to my destination, went to dinner with 2 colleages, they had 2 beers each and I had water. No big deal made about it.
                        Hope everyone had a good day! Off to bed, Im pooped. Xxoo, Byrdie
                        PS, thank you , Rahul! I think your notes are golden!
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just peaking in to say hi real quick! dila/FF you both are doing soooo great! W00T!!

Good to see everyone doing so well.

Looks like it's going to be a pretty day tomr so I plan on doing some gardening. Very tired so probably going to head to bed.

Have a wonderful MAE tomr and love you all!!

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Public holiday for us - again- general elections. We've had so many public holidays recently: Easter, Freedom Day, Workers' Day and make your cross day. Just back from the voting station. I don't know if this is a global Google doodle, but have a look: https://www.google.co.za/

http://rlv.zcache.com/i_voted_mug-p1...72gt4m_190.jpg

Kensho, great to see your post in the Nest - glad you're enjoying the sober life you've chosen and worked so hard for!

Have a great AF Hump Day, Nesters!
                            14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream, picked a puppy name yet? Something non-political I hope

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Hump day

DTD, do you guys celebrate grandparent's day too? :H
                                Some of these so-called holidays (at least here) were invented by the greeting card companies & flower sellers I think!

Greetings to everyone, sending wishes for a wonderful AF Wednesday!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X