Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Did I say that I WANTED him to leave me a mess? Shit, coffee must not have kicked in yet, or it's these damn nails, claws, talons, whatever the f--k birds call their nails, have to be done.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Mornin little ones....I see the banter is off & running and even a little spicy...yeah Sun, my work marathon begins again tomorrow a.m., so won't be around the next couple days....hope your massage goes well.....oh, and don't forget to dial 9 first........well, gonna head out to Barnes & Noble (love that place), before going to the gym.....have a wonderful day all....................................Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all feathered fiends lovely to hear u all chirping away cold here on this end anyone got extra moss. Renewal u look after us so well, will miss u please come back real soon.
        Upnorth dust urself off and start again. Chirp soon

Comment

Newbies Nest

hello..thanks for the welcome

Nice to get such warm welcomes....thanks. It seems to make this less scary. :l
          a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome to the nest, Within... come pull up a twig and tell us about yourself!?
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone!
              Welcome new memberrs! This is a great place to begin your journey :h
              :l
              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

let me see...

......i think i look balanced from the outside.. but I spend most nights sipping wine by the fire...my hubby sips beer....my health, career, dreams all have suffered cause I'm too busy recovering from my evening or planning for my next.
                My dog walks help me get a grip and hopefully I can get out there soon. Nothing like a puppy to help cheer you up.

Again, thanks for the welcomes and I am happy to be here.
                a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Within, I think you just described ME! Except, my hubby doesn't drink much at all. I have two senior citizen dogs, but they act like puppies when we take walks. They do cheer me up!
                  Welcome!
                  Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks all

I am just going to stay cozy in the nest and snuggle up close to all you nice, fine-feathered friends. Feeling better now and will stay in the AF zone. I am eager for my doctor appointment Tuesday to get Antabuse. I was going to wait until after vacation but the resort is all inclusive including parties at night with an open bar. I would like to have fun, remember the vacation and hopefully not have pictures of a drunken me dancing :bananacomputern tabletops or something going out on YouTube or something.

I spent a good part of the day wondering why I drank, feeling bad about it, and thinking of the triggers vs. excuses dialogue. I think the answer is that I just wanted to, so I did. And once I started, same old same old. But I am glad I can stop at that one day--usually when I have gone AF then started drinking, I would go back to drinking every day because "I already messed it up" or some crazy line of thinking.

I am being honest with all of you, but I lack the courage to tell my daughters that I drank--they have been so proud of me and today my eldest even sent an email greeting card about it. SHIT! So--am not 'fessing up to them about my latest fall from the nest.

And tonight is Thursday, usually my weakest night as hubby is out with the boys. but there is nothing in the house and I will not go buy anything. I think I still feel bad enough to not crave tonight. I did have a therapist appointment set for 8 pm but canceled it--my nephew is in the hospital and I wanted to be available if needed. He is doing fine, lots of tests, trying to figure it out.

So--I will probably be back later--but not during Ugly Betty! Hugs :l:lto all and thanks for being here for me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, UNG, glad you're feeling better! I know the temptation of being alone in the house....But you really don't want to go there. I know you don't! You're making progress! Keep it up.
                      Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello there friends......upnorthgirl, good to see you back on track....I agree, no need to bring the other day up to your daughters. They are proud of your recent efforts....let the other day serve as 'a lesson' and continue to make those girls of you proud......within & Dill, good to see you....and can't agree more about 'the power of a pet'....I have a cat (Gilligan) who is priceless to me. His brother (Titus) I had to put to sleep exactly 3 months ago today....one of the HARDEST things I've done in my life!! This 'strong, 'onetime studly' guy was reduced to an emotional blubbering mess throughout that week..The unconditional and constant love they provide is unequaled on this earth as far as I'm concerned.
                        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Welcome to new nesters. I have to apologize for not shouting out indivdually, but I just can't get my brain together to remember a list. Maybe its time for fish oils?? I'm in agreement on the pet front. I have 3 dogs, and sometimes my major achievement of the day is getting out of the house to walk them. I'm day 7 today, haven't been there before. *sings* And I'm feeeeling good dada dada dada - birds flying high - you know what I mean? B.
                          Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, I should have said, UNG, I don't think you need to share every little mishap with your daughters. I agree with renewal on that. Hey, renewal, I thought you had to work late tonight? I didn't expetct you'd be around to tuck in your ducklings tonight. Good to see ya! Or, was that a phone call to the nest?
                            Hey sweaty, good job on 7 days! Sounds like we have a lot of dog lovers here. I guess that makes a certain amount of sense for birds. But, truth be told, in my real life, I also have 2 cats. They like to walk with us too! But they are too slow to keep up.

Morning for you, Sweat, but night time for me! Good night all.
                            Dill

Comment

Newbies Nest

renewal.....that is the nicest posts i have read. it made me cry. Comforting. Thank you

formenow

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hello again....Dill, my 'mini marathon' begins tomorrow morning....16 hrs tomorrow....16 more Saturday....so, I will stop by later to tuck you all in..........formenow, wonderful to have you here....hope you'll stay as we're a pretty loving and supportive bunch here. As for my T & G (Titus and Gilligan) story.....yeah, it surprised me a bit at my reaction when T became sick.....while not always a real emotional guy with most things, I WAS A MESS...even the doctor was crying as I was saying my goodbyes....something about the pureness and innocence of these loving creatures who ask nothing in return....one of life's delights. Gilligan is now alone when I'm gone ALL DAY Fri-Sat, so that's always tough. HE KNOWS when I'm leaving for work.....it's like dropping a child off for their 1st day of pre-school. Then, of course he mugs me when I get home....pretty 'cute' for those of you who like cute. Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X