Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All ,
    Good to see the success that happening here , I think i'm up to day 40 tomorrow [ haven't been keeping a day by day record ] and it does seem to get easier with time .
    The alcohol induced holiday from reality is a trip that i'm glad is over , the real world isn't so bad after all . BND
    Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
    Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fin!!!!! Glad to see you

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Everyone:

Way to go Dila and FF - so glad you have each other. Ava and I swapped stories, documentaries, long posts - whatever it took. And look at us now! I don't have those long afternoon cravings, and this week I am vowing to cut out the candy bowl that I kept visiting at work. It really does get better...

Hi, Fin. Although I didn't know you before (other than when I lurked from time to time), your legacy of the Newbies Nest roll call has helped so many of us with the tangible reward of seeing the days stack up. As Byrdie says, I believe you know the drill. Stick close.

Kensho - that was so mysterious. Are you still around? What is going on? Hope all is well!

Night everyone. Butt velcro superglued on.

xo
        Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Dila. On Saturday we are going to celebrate day 14 with a lime & soda or a peppermint tea. And you know what? We are going to feel so great we won't believe it. Have a great Thursday. Use the time in the car to think through all the reasons why we are doing this!
          I can beat this.
          Today is the day I start.
          1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Thursday to everyone!
            Looks like a dark & damp day in my portion of the nest today, oh well.

FF & Dila, you both will feel so proud when you reach 14 AF days - I know I did

Hope you are back on plan Fin!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday!!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!
              Quick fly in this morning! Off to check the Roll Call to see if the Prize Patrol needs to take action. Fin, the Roll Call is a source of inspiration to so many...and it's just plain fun! What a great idea you had in starting that! I am so happy to see your name on it again. We will assist in any way possible...help is free for the asking!
              Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                Weather has turned HOT here...really too early for 80's so I am going to hide in the house and do laundry.
                We went to a spaghetti dinner at church last night and I was thinking that I would nver have done that in the past as it would have interfered with my wine time. I am so glad that I now have the freedom to go places without the burden of planning when to drink....life is good AF!!
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

FIN!!! Yay! So glad to see you back :l How have you been doing? We missed you! Let us know how we can help you....
                  :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you ALL so much for the warm welcome back. I greatly appreciate it! I don't have much to say just yet. I need to get my confidence back. I have made it to day 2 which is, as we all know, no simple task! Time to hit Roll Call. I'm happy to hear that it's still going and seems helpful to others. That's great...

Oh and get this! I'm finally going to float the CO through the Grand Canyon this month. This reality (25 year wait) was a major wake-up call for me as I want to enjoy it and more importantly, remember every moment with clarity. I can't live in the fog anymore!
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sounds like a plan Fin
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all - feeling a little disconnected lately so just checking in. No worries, still feeling strong. Just want to make sure I stay in touch. Sounds like the newest newbies are doing great and good for you Fin for coming back. I definitely like the roll call - not sure how long I'll keep it up for but for now it gives me a nice sense of accomplishment and encouragement! I like seeing others I'm tagging along with on this journey. I am exactly 50 days behind Jane so it's always reassuring for me to see her posts there and to think about when I will get to where she is :-) Also kind of worrisome when some drop off and then you wonder where they went and how they are doing!

Anyway - I hope everyone is well and good and has a great AF MAE!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frances, great to see you! Fin, so good to see you, how right you are, those first 3 days are something. Hang in with us, it gets exponentially easier. I am so happy to hear about your Grand Canyon tour! It's finally happening!!
                          Dottie, you sound like a new woman! You are just amazing! Jane, always good to hear from you, AND to see what avatar you are going to use next!!!
                          K9, happy to see you, too! Hope all is well! You and Mini-Me look great in that photo!!

Calgon, take me away! What a day...what a week! I'm so glad I'm not drinking AT things anymore or I'd be in the bag today for sure! I want to choke a customer!! (and you're not supposed to do that).
                          Be safe, all.....just get thru today, that's all you gotta do! XO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frustration so high! Just spent 2 hours talking to a salesman about life insurance and medical plans for my DH who will be 65 in Oct. He is 11 years older than me. Don't want to bitch up a storm but bottom line is I am tired of being the bread winner and of his attitude of being happy with just making ends meet. Feel the financial burden is all on me. Don't me wrong, he is a good guy but never ambitious. But while he was being all charming to the salesman I wanted to smack him on the head! I wanted to scream that I have taking care of mostly everything for years and now your wanting me to fund all of our retirement too!

Enough of that! Want a drink but having ice-cream instead! (maybe double tonight) FF I should be dancing over our 12 days! I have never made it this far.

Thanks Byrdie, Ava, 3June, Pav, FF and Jane. Fin without them I could not have gotten to day 12. Everytime I want a drink I come here and read, sometime for hours.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila I feel your pain. dh is 16 years older. I was able to put him on my work insurance, is that a possibility for you??? Just a thought.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie,
                                He is on my insurance...was hoping to kick him off and let him start paying for his own. Would be a big savings to me. But learned it would be too costly so I continue to take care of everything.

I think I have found my biggest trigger...my resentment of having to take care of all the financials in the house and that he is good with it!

I know this because I had to eat 3 ice cream bites to calm down!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X