Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Dila, drinking AT that problem won't make it go away - we are smarter to know that now
    Your husband should be on Medicare at this point, right? He will need a supplemental plan such as the one offered by AARP (it used to be pretty good - I remember from when I was still working in the hospital). Don't let anyone talk you into something too expensive - I know it's tough.

Had a nice light dinner out with son & his family. Always a thrill to been seen in public & eat with a 5 & a 3 year old :H :H

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters

Good on you Fin for doing the canyon, i recall you mentioning it previously and sober it will be a wonderful experience and also not drowning is a bonus!

Dil you made me smile and grateful that i am single! I have just been having a bitch with my best friend who took over my ex husband about my ex husband and i said to her i am so glad i am single and have to only think of myself and my children, albeit they are adults. Gets lonely but i can do lonely! If it helps i have a supply of lovely coloured bricks that i send to those who need them on occasions to hit their dh's with. purple seems to be a fav. You and FF are doing wonderfully well and only 3 icecreams be proud girl and keep up whatever is doing it for you. I am so glad to hear that you come on here when you have a craving, i was on here permanently for a month or more, actually 5 months, actually still now.

The best friend that is with my hubs stopped drinking 3 months ago when i told her i had stopped although she stopped smoking also (not me yet) and she thanked me for giving her the encouragement and strength to stop drinking and stop enabling my ex husband (big drinkers we were). She also told her friend who was a bottle of scotch a day drinker my story and she has given up drinking as well. I had that "kinda proud" moment that i enticed two people to stop the madness of al. As she said "if you can give up, anyone can". Not sure what she was trying to say there lol but she was there when my brother died of alcoholism and she was extremely worried about where i was headed but so was i.

So i am finding that telling people i have stopped drinking is actually making some think also and that cant be a bad thing can it?

Have a great day everyone. I am still sick (3 weeks now) woo hoo but today i am actually feeling a bit human.

Killing people is not allowed Byrd, sad but true!

Oh Lav i feel for you and the patrons where you ate. I took my kids out on SPECIAL occasions and there were not many of them when they were younger.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila I take care of it all too and have for about 20 years. I resent it at times but then again if I do it then I know it will be done correctly. So I am my worst enemy...
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nesters:

Yes, Dila, I have to admit that ice cream has gotten me this far. I am trying to taper off the sugar at the moment as it was beginning to feel like I was swapping one addiction for another. But I am most certainly going to pick up a carton of ice cream over a bottle of alcohol any day... Someone posted (Alky?) that if you want a drink have a milkshake. If you still want a drink, have another milkshake. You won't be able to fit anything more in...

K9! So happy to see you pop by (and your mini me). I stalk you on the stepper thread so I know you are going through a lot right now - we miss you!

Ava - killing isn't necessarily the problem - it's getting caught.

Fin - I LOVE rafting, although i haven't done it in a while. The Colorado sounds like an amazing trip, and doing it sober will be MUCH better. Maybe you could put a pictures of the river around your house and look at them if you feel a craving...

I'm off to bed - still have a sick son and still crazy busy at work. The worst part of the latter is that I haven't been able to squeeze in exercise. I know some people still can, but I'm just not that person. I've given up the fantasy that I can be a 5am exerciser. Ain't going to happen... I guess I'll just have to go triple this weekend.

Night -

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

jane27;1658810 wrote:

Wishing everyone a great day! Petrel, congrats on banking 2 weeks and 2 days.

Thanks so much Jane. Well I got past the day I tripped up last time. Feeling good. Friday night here, which is usually the hardest witching hour, but all good!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Just starting Friday here Petrel - congrats to you for hanging in there

I getting out early for my bit of exercise then I will be watching my grandsons for a few hours which is an exercise in & of itself :H :H

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, thanks for the encouragement

Enjoy your day with the grand kids, and good luck keeping up!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila the world is changing and more women then ever are finding themselves in our situation. The responsible party.
                  Fin I am glad to see you. That trip is a great rrason to not drink. The memories of being af during it will keep you going on from there.
                  Petrel glad you are holding strong.
                  Dottie :H. I am a source of comfort to housebound old men and dogs. They both get overly excited when they see my car pull into their driveway on cleaning day. Sigh. Someone appreciates me. :H
                  Sam good to see you.
                  K9 love that beautiful avatar. 2 beautiful ladies.
                  I have been working on things. I feel I am making progress. I needed to take a little step back and concentrate on me for awhile. Things are still a shambles in my household, but they are feeling MUCH calmer internally. I feel that maybe I am making progress on that front. Alcohol left me so emotionally stunted that it really was overwhelming, well it still is at times. But coming here and talking things out with the ladies has honestly changed my life. I am looking at things differently now.
                  Have a great day all.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today would be two weeks AF for me if I hadn't had my slip last Sunday. I saw on another post, someone said "I'm counting my AF days as 14 days -1 instead of starting over". It made her/him feel more successful and postitive about the journey. I like that thought so today is 14 days -1 for me too!

Hope everyone has a great AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                      Welcome back Ginger....I feel your pain, my date below would be a whole year longer if I had gotten my act together. As my mom would say...'if If's and But's were candy and nuts, it'd be Christmas all year long'. Can't change the past, but moving forward AF is the key. Just stick with it...that is the MAIN thing...just do NOT give in. Getting TIME on your side will help you more than anything. This process takes a while to happen, so time and patience are needed.

Hope everyone is gearing up for a big weekend....remember, Friday is JUST another day, not a ticket to Boozeville! Hang strong, you will never regret it....if you have a bad patch, come here and talk to us! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, no time to post properly as travelling and keep losing signal. Just wanted to check that my pal Dila is planning that big 14 day celebration we're going to have tomorrow! If there is any temptation at all tonight just think how god tomorrow is going to feel. Hope everyone is ok. Fin, that trip sounds amazing.
                        I can beat this.
                        Today is the day I start.
                        1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,
                          Off to the gym then the grocery. Predicting rain and my garden needs it. I have rain barrels that I use but they are getting empty since we haven't had rain for a few weeks.
                          Have a wonderful AF Friday!!
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Quiet around here this evening. Hope everyone is just busy enjoying some spring weather

My 'fun time' has been extended as the five year old decided to stay overnight. How lucky am I? :H
                            He just told me that I am his best friend. That surely wouldn't have happened if I was stull busy hugging the wine bottle. I am one grateful granny

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest - buckle up

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, you are going to need a nap tomorrow for sure! We took our 5 year old grandson camping (me AF) last Saturday and we had the best time with him. Biking, hiking, campfire (his personal fav). I was pooped when we got home and everything put away! Nothing like it though.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It IS quiet! Hope everyone is ok! Got so much accomplished today! Good going, Ginger! Have a safe night, nesters! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X