Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MG that was a great step you took and glad you enjoyed - I had to stay clear of my friends last night just no way I could have done it :goodjob:

KB I always feel the same about house work and watching tv it does seem boring but what I am learning those chores and relaxation to 'normal' people is just part of their everyday lives and they are not always looking for a quick fix or excitement - for me wish I could get my kicks from excersise would do me the world of good. Well done your doing so well.

Lav well done on 11 months luv your posts and words of encouragement all us that are new herem:thanks:

Im on day 4AF and feeling good for the weekend, keeping myself busy and I have my adorable grandchildren here to do just that!! My goal now is to get passed day 8 thats where I fell last time.

Have a great day everybody see you all later

:l:l:l
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno,

Thank you and I know you are right! My problem has always been I think everyone else is out having fun and i'm not.. but I agree that not everyone is out having fun and excitement, and doing mundane things.. i'm just going to have to get used to it, and just enjoy, well, being! I need to start to get some pleasure out of the simpler things in life and stop wanting so much excitement! i've had enough to last me a life time anyway.. and some times had bad consequences.. thanks for putting things into perspective.. I need to think of a way of exercise that I enjoy too that I could do when I don't have my son.. join a badminton club or something! :H

K xx
      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

katieb - i always think everyone is having such fun and exitement out there. perhaps other people thought that about me as i would always been seen to be having a great party (unfortunately i think it was a party in my head). think about the misery that has now come with it. im trying to convince myself (and i know its true) ive had enough party to last a lifetime, and hey who said you cant have fun and exitement being sober. just ask a child.
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Well, it's the day after the crazy 'snow-icane' here - still see some flurry avtivity. Hard to believe Spring arrives in a mere 3 weeks, especially with another snowstorm predicted in another 4 days.............

Hi KatieB, even the mundane everyday chores become a pleasure when you attack them with a clear head. Waking up everyday 'unhung' is a true joy

Sunni, I'll see if I can find a magic carpet or some other mode of transportation to get us safely to Oz. I really, really want to get away from all this snow! Enjoy your evening out with Mr Wonderful - sounds nice

MG, congrats on your successful evening out - good job!

Panno, good job on your 4 AF days! Keep your eye on your next goal, you can do it!!!

Chook, hope all is well with you, please check in when you can.

Wishing everyone a good day in the Nest - I'll be back

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Katie B...go read the Blessings thread under general discussion....it really heped me put things in perspective
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

The sun has popped out here :yay: A lovely sight to see

Hope everyone is having a terrific Saturday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Everyone.

MG29 - great job on the party! Way to go.

Lav/Sunni - ok, time to start fluffing up my feathers and getting my wings flapping for that stiff. I knew we should've left before winter came.

Panno, KB - any movement counts as exercise. Walking is a great way to start. It just feels good to get the blood pumping through those muscles.

Spuddle-D: I like this - "hey who said you cant have fun and excitement being sober. just ask a child." Yeah, we make fun too complicated don't we? Sometimes just stopping to smell the roses is enough. I'm thrilled to be here right now, enjoying the stories and realizing I've taken back my ability to choose what I want to do, instead just looking forward to getting numb.

Hi to everyone! Gotta run.

Take care!
                tw
                Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                  Another successful AF day behind me, moving on to today.. so far so good; I am feeling highly motivated just by reading some of the posts and threads..
                  Tranq and Spuddle; so true.. adults do make fun very complicated! There's something they call in psychotherapy which is 'mindfullness' - basically being more aware of what you are doing, and taking more pleasure in the simplest acts, and being grateful for the smallest things that are a part of life (such as for a chair being comfortable) - I will read through my file on that again and learn how to still my mind, and enjoy basic things - such as drinking a coffee; most the time I dont even notice what I am doing, but I will concentrate more on enjoying and tasting properly.. And I have my son with me today, and just watching him be happy with just being himself brings me lots of joy.. children have lots to teach adults!
                  Have a fun and happy AF sunday!
                  K

Comment

Newbies Nest

KatieB,

Here's my favorite mindfulness place:
                    The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav,

I'll be sure to give that a read!

K x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Your're welcome KatieB - it's a good website

Nothing much to report from my end of the Nest tonight. Enjoyed a few hours of sunlight today - a most welcome sight to be sure!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest, the night light will be on as always

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

What is it about Sat night?

Well, after making it thru a big work party sober here comes Sat night with no plans and I feel like I'm hitting that nasty wall of depression. Last time I drank was on a Saturday too. I am trying to just coexist with these uncomfortable feelings. It takes time I know and husband is working on the house usually we would be drinking and doing home improvement so it seems weird to just be sitting around sober.

Anyway, hope everyone is having a better night than I am!

MG29
                          I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey MG - Good for you. Just keep hanging on. Keep posting, reading, posting, reading, posting, reading. That will keep you from being too bored. :H Seriously though, we are here for you. :l:l
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,
                              Havent posted since Friday and had 5 pages to read. Boy... what a busy nest this weekend.
                              Hope everyone is doing OK.

Tranq - dusted off the clubs and had a game yesterday. Played in a ladies comp with my husband and we won! Well, he won, I just supplied the handicap (my handicap was me as i havent picked up a club for 3 years!). But it was great fun however it was about 105F so wasnt too pleasant being in the sun and feel like I have a hangover today from heat stroke - I am used to sitting in my air conditioned office! But have the bug again so am going to find a partner who can play mid week and give it a bash once a week.

My brothers 40th birthday turned out good. Was great sitting there watching everyone else get drunk for a change! I discovered a way to stop people asking me if I want a drink (alcoholic one). I got a wine glass with ice and a slice of lime and put water in it. People seemes happy to think I had a vodka and tonic or gin and tonic but I was happy knowing I didnt. Stopped the inevitable questions and explanations that people seem to think they deserve.

I really have no desire to drink now thankfully. By having a glass of water in my hand it got rid of that habit of needing something to hold onto. I am still taking all the supps so not sure whether it is them stopping me or that I actually dont want a drink. But what ever it is, I will take it. I would love to be able to drink moderately but I know in my heart I will never be able to do that. So I will learn to live with it.

Sophie - I have started taking a l-glut at night also to stop that sugar hunt I go on at about 8.30pm and it seems to be working. i have been having more fruit too so I suppose I am getting natural sugar instead.

Chicken - hope your little chook is doing OK. Always so stressful when your babies get sick.

Lav and Tranq - I'll fire up the barbie, cool you a few tinnies and find you some cozzies for a dunk! Get ya magic carpet fired up and we'll seeya soon.... :H

Hope everyone has a great day and reaches your goal of AF at the end of the weekend.

Hippy Chick
                              I finally got it!
                              "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just thought I would offer to trade some of this infernal heat and sunlight for some of your snow and cold! I am starting to get cabin fever from being stuck inside all day,every day cause its too hot to go outside..ditto for the wee chicks!
                                Speaking of which, my wee one seems okay..no more temps!Here's hoping our neighbours boy is okay too!
                                Everyone sounds good!
                                Hippy-the habit of having a drink in hand is a hard one to break I find!That is why if I can have a Diet coke, it seems to be enough!
                                Back to my health-kick tomorrow..it's been too hot to do much of anything ( a lame excuse I know..but,oh well!)
                                Anyhow,going to go try and do something creative with the wee chicks!
                                Luv to all
                                Chook

Comment

Working...
                                X