X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hope

Hi Everyone,
    K9 wow your latest photo is so super glamorous!
    Dreamthink Do, I always love all your mug photos.
    Rahul, a huge well done on your quest so far, it is inspirational.

Hello and greetings to all, I have been reading on the forum a lot. I have now been AF since 1st May, on the 7th May I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I am proud to say I did not pick up a drink. It has been and continues to be a challenging time, but it is possible to manage as I am sober, I can make important decisions and my feelings are all real. I feel scared in some ways but hopeful in others, I have various treatment to get through, but feel I can do it. Am proud of my AF days and grateful too xxx
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond :l I am so sorry to hear your news. You sound strong which is great! My thoughts and prayers will be with you. That is so fantastic that you have not picked up a drink - something you will never ever regret. Stick around here if you need anything there are many who truly care and will give their love and support.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD - First, I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but there IS hope! My mom was diagnosed about a month ago, she is having surgery next week, then will start 12 weeks of treatment. Just stay positive, you WILL get through this :l Second, that is my daughter in the pic...my glamorous days are over. LOL Hang in there friend! :h
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond,
          My thoughts and prayers are going out to you. I hope that your treatments go well and that you stay as strong as you are!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD,
            I tried sending you a pm but your mailbox is full! I hope it goes through later.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD first of all 2 weeks af, wow and congratulations, you have certainly struggled during your time to give up al and i am so proud of you that you are winning now. Sorry about your diagnosis of breast cancer, stay strong girl and we are here for you. Keep positive and keep on here.

Welcome newbies and keep on here.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bittersweet news, DD: so sorry about the diagnosis and so glad to hear you've 14 days AF. Cancer and Al can be beaten. Just remember we'll be here when you need support or just want to vent. Lots of cyberhugs flying your way.
                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DDiamond, thank you for the updates, I will be holding you close in my thoughts as you battle these 2 issues...both can be won! Thinking of you....Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

DDiamond, another challenge for you! But all I can hear through your post is positivity and determination! That's what it takes! A well known fact in the medical world - doctors have been left astounded by the results of patients who think that way.......I will keep you in my prayers.....no harm in a little extra help, eh?
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a lovely day out at an agricultural show......lots to see, and buy. Home with a lovely coat and sweatshirt! Maybe treating myself a little too soon? Sure I need them for my sober, outdoorsy lifestyle!
                      2 days down! Yes!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you, Daisy! You and I have both been at this for a while. Let's just get it done!

Diamond, I'm so sorry to hear your news. You are strong and determined. You are going to prevail in both your battles!
                        You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Here

I am trying to find my way around this site. I am quite sure, I am not in the right spot. I am in need of communication, on how to get the strength to not drink tonight. I was to hungover to go to work today. I usually go in hungover, but today, Thank God, I decided to find help. AA does not work for me and I can't afford therapy. So greatful to find this site. I hope someone can explain to me how to blog properly if this is incorrect as well as start communicating with me.

Thank You:h
                          :new:: God Grant Me the Serenity to Accept the Things I cannot Change..The Courage to Change The Things I Can. And The Wisdom to Know The Difference

Comment

Newbies Nest

needtoheal you are in the right place and posted just fine. Please take a look at the tool box that is below my signature. You need a plan so when you want to drink you have something else to do. Anything like go for a walk or read, read read here. Tool box has the experience of many who have been right where u are tonight.
                            Hang here with us and dont give up.
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi needtoheal! So far you got everything in the right place! I am only on day 2 - if you go back and read the posts over the last 3 days in the Newbies Nest, there is some great advice.....got me started! The more you read here, the stronger you will feel and in the morning......what a relief to wake up sober!
                              There is also a Toolbox with extra help. Hopefully someone here can give you a link.
                              Stay strong.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for your speedy responses. I really appreciate it. Wish me luck!
                                :new:: God Grant Me the Serenity to Accept the Things I cannot Change..The Courage to Change The Things I Can. And The Wisdom to Know The Difference

Comment

Working...
                                X