Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava , while it was a bender i'm still a bloke , and yes K9 at 40 days you start to think you've got it beat ,FF thanks I think I saw a thread for serial relapsers somewhere . BND .
    Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
    Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

It's really sad for me as a young ish guy that at day 5 this is the longest I've been without drink in probably 5 years or more. It feels quite good, and waking up without any sort of headache has been nice. Congrats to all who are continuing on this path.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Booze Blues;1661286 wrote: Hi Everybody,
        Haven?t drank since Sunday but that?s not the problem. Friday is coming let me get through the weekend! I will be booze free this weekend! Still feeling horrible and guilty and especially ashamed. Will spend the rest of my life trying to be the person my family deserves! Hate myself!
        B Blues,
        The GSR (guilty, shame and remorse) fades away with time. Your better choices replace the ones you've/we've made and like anything, become just a distant memory. You will spend the rest of your life living happily with your family! You will love yourself with each abstinent day.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Bohdi, Blah, weak, and tired and signs of the alcohol leaving your system and that's a good thing. Nope, it doesn't feel good, but neither did that hangover. At least you don't have guilt and remorse along with the blahs. Keep it goin.

Daisy, well-done on day 3! You're feeling the goodness of a clear head and lots of gratitude instead of deprivation. That's what carries us on this journey.

Rahul, you sound great!

Ava, Monday, Friday, yep all the same. Weekends were a little worse, but hey, not too much.

Jane, you hit the nail right on the head.

Arjae, five days is fantastic! How does that feel? My son hates it when I ask him that. No reference to drinking, just wanna know that he's good!

FF, you're going strong. I hope Dila checks in soon. DILA, DILA!!!

Freeby, day three with Daisy. Make it to that moon Byrdie offers on day 7. So worth it!

Bran New Day, I, too, would make it to 40 and flop. Since October, I made it between 40 and 50 days. My mind wasn't where it needed to be. I think I was in deprivation mode and not gratitude mode. I didn't push my mind to acceptance, but can we push ourselves to that point? I know what I didn't do. I didn't pick up the phone and call people that i had programmed in my phone. When we get this way, no matter how determined we are not to ask for help, force your fingers to dial, call, and just listen. Yes, we have to force it sometimes. Force ourselves through the next moment, and it's possible with someone that is willing to be there with you. You see all of us here? We all willing. PM, call or whatever it takes. Skyping works, too. We're unlimited as far as communication goes. Let's use what we have, and that is, each other.

Have a great night all!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

BND, just start over & keep at it until it clicks! You know what you need to do
            How about a gratitude list - a list of pros & cons? Does going on a bender really do anything positive for you?

Arjae, hello & welcome to you & Congrats oin your 5 AF days. What a great start!
            Doesn't matter what age you are, booze-less is best

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 and feeling alive!!! What an amazing feeling!!!
              Guys think how much precious time we arnt wasting anymore.

Arjae, welcome and congrats on day 5
              J-vo, starting to feel better, thank you for the kind advice.

Will be back soon
              Have a wonderful day everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all ..here! I've been really busy the last 2 days, but I managed to read here. Sorry to say, I'm not totally abstinent yet, but been so busy cleaning and stuff I doubt I had more than 5 drinks in two days. Thinking of all of you! ya'll just keep pressing on!!!

Now I gotta go clean toilets.....

Love Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi,

Quick read back and I'm sorry I don't have time to comment on all of it!

Just wanted to say, welcome back, DD, and I am so glad you will take good care of your body and mind by not drinking through this difficult time. Stick with us!

K9 - So sorry about your mom - sending healing thoughts your way, too.

I'm off to bed - happy and sober.

Goodnight,
                  Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

POETS day today!

Sarah, we'll be waiting - but do join us soon. If only one (or two) why not none?

BB, please stop hating yourself for what you've done. We cannot change the past, but we can change today and tomorrow, and you've started doing just that by giving up the booze!

Arjae, :welcome: and :goodjob: on five days! I see a Byrdie moon in your future. They're badges of honour in the Nest - you have to work hard to get it, but so nice to have in the trophy case!

Bran, there's an extra supply of butt velcro next to your coffee. Good to see you back here and giving it another go.

Free, what a lovely birthday prezzie you gave your daughter - a sober mum!

It's raining in my part of the Nest - a fine, wintry Cape drizzle - and I have a busy day ahead of me, so have a great AF Friday. I have a lot of plans to make the most of my weekend, and I'm not going to waste one second of it on booze. I hope everybody has their plan to get through an AF weekend in place. Have a lovely day everybody.
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I am having a better time with it than I thought and despite life being tough right now, working on a sober me gives me lots of hope. I have craves every once in a while, but I remind myself that nothing ever great came from drinking in my life. I feel like I have more energy, wake up more rested, and am finally being the responsible person I can be.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yay: Arjae :yay: Quitting was the best decision I ever made! Have a great AF weekend!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well the weekend is here , Friday afternoon anyway , and buckling in for a quiet one . Looking on the bright side I've spent 1 week in Jan , 2 weeks in Feb , 3 weeks in March , all of April and 10 days of May ... Sober... That's more days AF than the last 25 years .
                          Have a good weekend everyone . BND
                          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

J-vo
                            Thank you so much for your kind words. It is a brand new day 5. This am I awoke and told my husband I didn?t know what happened that night and he said he doesn?t care. He said forget about it. He too said let this be the the sign to stop drinking and find something more interesting to do. He said he loves me no matter what happened that it wasn?t me it was the al. He wants me to stop being so afraid, anxious and tense and has told me to come and meet him for lunch. It seems everyone can forgive me but me. Still feeling anxious and alot of self loathing but also very very grateful! fortunate! and surprisingly loved.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope the beginning to all of your days are just as bright. Kisses and hugs to you all be strong and I am finding breathing and of course yourselves are my biggest help. Have a great day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope the beginning to all of your days are just as bright. Kisses and hugs to you all be strong and I am finding breathing and of course yourselves are my biggest help. Have a great day!

Comment

Working...
                                X