Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks to all, hope the beginning of your day is as bright as mine! Good luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

FF & j-vo,
      I'm here but very stressed out. Owner of my company is selling our largest contract and I will be out of a job by 8/1. I know I am a stress drinker so hanging on by a thread. Spending all my free time looking for a new position.
      Hope everyone is doing well. Will catch up tonight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dil you cant do anything about the company selling out and drinking will not get you a job. Stress was a big factor for practically all of us with drinking and it solves absolutely nothing except the guilt and shame you will feel. You do not need to drink AT anyone or anything. Be strong. There is no excuse that will ever get me to drink again. Keep posting on here and remember why you are here!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Raining like crazy in my portion of the nest. Good day to stay inside & catch up on work stuff.

Dila, sorry about the job but please remember AL will not help stress & only makes it worse. We all have to face these ups & downs in life every single day. Use your clear head & strong self to get yourself moving forward

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Friday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Going on a field trip today to see the play, "The Devil's Arithmetic" based on the Holocaust events. We've been studying it in class and the book is really good and helps the kids to understand the horrific events.

DTD, thanks for the coffee! I love the saying on it. Let's get back up everytime.

BBlues, ya see! Husband is with you, cares for you and is ready to start this brand new life with you. I'm so grateful for my DH, and even though he's a normal drinker, he's been by my side the whole time and I'm grateful for that. Things are already looking brighter for you. Oh, I use the "Calm" app I downloaded for deep breathing and it really helps me. Ava recommended "Relax" app as well. They're both good.

Sara, we're not going anywhere! Hope you keep reading and posting.

Bran New Day, I like it that you're remembering to count your AF days as that's so important, especially in the beginning. Those AF days are a platform and create new, good memories of what you will be experiencing all the time. Keep those close to your heart.

Arjae, craves are just thoughts and thoughts come and then they go. Distract yourself through them, replace the cravings with good thoughts of feeling great being AF, write a gratitude list, and check out the toolbox when you're feeling wobbly. Of course, post, post, post!

Have a good, rainy Friday! Hi Byrdie, Lav, Ava, Pav, Dot, K9, Frances, FF, Rahul and everyone who posts here.
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks to all 4 listening to crazy me. Keep safe this weekend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all and good morning! Dila so sorry to hear about your company's situation - you will be so glad you faced this without alcohol. Drinking will truly not help anything at all. Stick around and post here when you feel weak and keep reading your plan - - what will you/can you do instead? Good luck with looking for a new position!

BBooze and FF and other newbies here - keep up the great work it will just get better and better and easier too! Daisy hope you are well.

Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila, I'd like to echo what Frances just said. (congrats on your 80 days!! :earth
                  So often here, I see folks with great success get B-Slapped with one of life's problems and they get preoccupied with that and the next thing you know they wander off into Phuck-it. Sorry for the salty language. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen this, I'd be RICH! Please do not wander off....THIS is the time you need your support system more than ever. STAYING sober is JOB 1....if you get right down to it, right? It is for me, that's why I am accountable every single day. On those RARE occasions I have not checked in, I've let somebody know who could check in for me. I think it's that important. I could be wrong, but I am sober and it's a small price to pay!! Besides, we CARE about you! Stay connected, it works!

Sarah,
                  :flush: :flush:

Mine are next, ok?

Ar-J.....I'm so happy to hear you are doing well....it is amazing that the FEAR of quitting is MUCH worse than actually doing it! It really feels GOOD!! GREAT, in fact! That darn FEAR is a paralyzer and it's a shame, too. This is within all of us, we just have to get FEAR out of the way of our success!

Bran New, great to see you back up on the perch! Don't wander off!! This is YOUR time!!

Friday is JUST another day! Hang in everyone! It IS worth it! I wouldn't be the oldest newbie in the world if I didn't believe that!! Time is your best friend in this race!! Just put one more day between you and AL! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey all, checking in on day 4! Feeling good. Yesterday was exhausting - 2 nights of minimal sleep took its toll and I felt it. Thankfully last night I must have got 9 hours sleep so back on top again!
                    I know it will regulate over time.
                    Boozeblues, so good to hear things are looking up for you......you have people who believe in you and love you.....lucky you....they have a reason for that......need I say more? Have a great weekend!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wave::wave:

Frances
                      congratulations
                      on
                      80 days!

:wave::wave:
                      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awww thanks so much Byrdie and DTD! What a nice surprise to see your congratulations here - it really means a lot. Even (especially) those early on recognitions - I was looking forward to my moon (you do love running around with your britches down don't you!), my hat, etc! I have to say it really does feel great! I am pretty darn proud of myself.

And, obviously, can't go without saying there is NO WAY I could have gotten this far without coming on here daily and staying accountable and getting the support I need when I need it!! So many great people, thoughts, and resources here it is truly a blessing.

Thanks again! :l :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Excellent work Frances on 80 days. The proof is in the pudding, as you say, coming on here daily and being accountable and meeting wonderful supporters is why we are where we are.

Big hugs and not far till the big triple digits. xxxx
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brilliant Frances! �� 80 days into your awesomeness!
                            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on the 80 days Frances.

Right now feeling like a bouncing ball -a day off and then a day on. Maybe I get through the day with nothing more than a drink or two after the serpent (AL) seduces me, more likely it ends up like last night. A bottle of whiskey down and several random texts and Facebook messages that I regret.

My apologies for breaking the mood. Guess I just haven't gotten myself to the point of deciding to do what I have already decided to do with the serpent in my ear telling me I don't have a problem. Just one more.

Deep breathe and forward I plunge back into day one.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starting out my day 6 today and I feel really good physically. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep and maybe a few weeks ago I'd be thinking about my first beer right about now, but I am not today. It is the little things that you realize you've been dealing with. If I want to go out to get something at the store late at night, I don't have to plan ahead because I know I'd be drunk in the evening. No more passing out on the couch because I am too lazy to make it upstairs to my bedroom.

Blues Boozes' story resonates well, and while I can't say I've gotten the same feedback from my girlfriend yet, I hope it goes that way. She's given me many positive signs, but I know I hurt her in a way I never wanted to and would have never done sober.

We are all in this together, and I know I'll get through this AF regardless of the outcome of my situation. I obviously hope for one specific outcome and a second chance. I know I won't need another chance after that.

Comment

Working...
                                X