Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Orimus, I understand your struggles, I had so many battles in the end I just surrendered to sobriety.
    Dila, hope you manage to stay strong, sorry about the job situation.
    Greetings to everyone on here, have had a flat and rather low day today but so glad to be AF, if I was drinking I would feel so much worse!
    New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I tell you, there is only way to beat this thing and that is to get AL out of the mix! Taking the choice off the table is a relief. Protect your quit with all you' ve got! Have a great evening all!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

Dila, that really sucks about the job. I hope you can manage to see that we will have these struggles throughout our life, but getting through them (which, BTW I never experienced) sober must be the best way to go with a cleaer head and focus. Oh, minus the crying and sobbing and maybe just real tears. I know when I drank and something went terribly wrong, I'd cry like my best friend died, then wake up and have the puffiest eyes that didn't go away for days. It's ok to cry real tears, but drunken sobbing I can do without! I hope that the job search is successful!

Orimus, glad you checked in and hope that you'll do so each day. That voice you're hearing, yep, he was in my head as well, and I've padlocked the door and won't allow him back in because he's a big freakin liar. That the addiction of disease - that voice. Don't believe him for anything. And that's the way it worked for me as well - starting off with a few but by the weekend, all bets were off and I'd drink a bottle or two of wine. Back to square one and I thought that the voice said I could moderate! He lied...again. Funny how we all have the same "symptoms" but not so funny, as this is a condition that can be defined with specific characteristics and when we tell our stories and thoughts, we all go, "Yup! That's me, too, or OMG I did that, too!" So we're not alone. We know each other's stories.

Have a great night all.
        Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frances, Congratulations on your Big 80 Days!!!!!! That's a great accomplishment!!! Thanks for all of your positive and encouraging posts!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frances,

Big hugs and congratulations on 80 days. What a delicious accomplishment!
            Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

way to go Frances!!
              Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congats Frances , 80 Days is really leaving it all behind ,
                Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5

Oh my - just told my hubby my forum name, and he says, "Ah, I just got it, Free By 40. I was thinking, why is her tag a freeby 40oz'er??" Oops :H

Day 5 for me. Friday night was TOUGH, but I did it (Japan time zone). I bought some bubbly ginger and lemongrass drinks to replace the booze, and my darling, supportive hubby brought home some delicious, dark chocolate, and ordered take-out so I wouldn't have to cook. Feeling so blessed. And so heartbroken to read posts by women who have unsupportive SOs, and have to fight this battle without them having their back. Hang in there, ladies!
                  AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

How to change my username?

As per my last post, does anyone know how I can change my username, so as not to cause any further misunderstanding...?
                    AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I really need to call it a day, it's been a long but good & productive day

freeby, you can try to contact the forum moderators but it may be just as easy to start over with a new user name (put a note in your signature line explaining who you are )

Frances, CONGRATS yo you on your 80 AF days :wd:

Orimus, glad you came right back! Just keep trying, OK?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Buckle up!!!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow 80 days! Frances Amazing! Here but not posting over the weekend. Don't want To share this with the family, so please know haven't abandoned ship, still looking just not posting. Speak to you all on Mon. Take care and keep safe. Kisses. Thanks again all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dream
                          Loving the mug today!
                          BB
                          You’ve got a great partner there!
                          Orimus
                          Yes, plunge back in to day one, that’s the right attitude. No matter how many times.
                          Frances
                          80 days! Fantastic!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Frances : Congrats on 80 days !
                            Arjae_chetz : When I first "tried" sobriety about 6 months back and continued for 44 days I loved it but then relapsed. Now I want to be accept sobriety FOREVER. As a way of life. Getting 8 hours sleep is just a beginning. You will miss AL for sure for next few days but as weeks go you will start enjoying life. Its a tough call for us to be in situations to be without AL initially but later on with right attitude in place you will not see AL as if you are being starved of it ! You will see people drinking and enjoying AL and may feel pity for them and grateful for yourself for not being there.

Look at me I am in beautiful town of Hamburg ! I didn't realise it will be so good. I thought it must be a bring old harbour town which is know for a big port. Turns out they are making a beautiful new harbour town with reclaimed land. I hired a bike yesterday and drove around. Being saturday not there was drinking around ... EVERYWHERE ! next to harbour, restaurants and bars, old town with bars, famous Reepabahn, red light area with drinking, parks, couples enjoying drinking. Normally I would love to be in this place. lacquer shops open for whole night partyon for whole night ! But then I was this I was on the other side ... sober ! Felt sooooo grateful for not in in the trap of Booze.

While cycling around in the new harbour area. I was asking to an art gallery where there were so many people around drinking. It turns out several photographers where showing of their work. Inside booze was there. You could see people walking around with bottle of beer and wine appreciate pictures (or maybe their glass of poison). One picture got my attention and I kept staring at it as if I saw myself. I so loved it that I cam back home and downloaded it for you from its website of the artist. Here is the link to my photo bucket : myself_zps4d71976b.jpg Photo by rahulthesweet | Photobucket

This pictures reminds of me ... healing myself. The bigger man is me SOBER and the smaller me is the weak DRUNK ... who is weak, abused, hurt, bleeding, sad, guilty. I am healing myself and in the process growing bigger and more stronger ! Another way to look at is I am comforting the old drunk to die and all his energy is coming to me and I am getting bigger and stronger ....

Addicted I feel all these folk are or maybe not ... picture this : next to harbour ... sun setting, nice warm breeze taking away the chill, orange clouds blend with dark blue upcoming night sky, sounds of birds going back to next. Restaurants and bars closing, greens parks with fresh flowers. And you see a beautiful blond girl sitting outside her own coffee shop with all customer gone ... standing there seeing the sky with a cigarette. As she puffs the smoke, I wonder what she is feeling. The feeling of entrapment that she HAS to smoke to be normal to appreciate the beauty around. Or she is enjoying the poison more than the beauty that surrounds.

Seeing me taking pictures which I will post maybe tomorrow saw couple of guys waving at me ... they were out there in car with bottle of cans enjoying away as they were preparing (getting drunk) for the party ahead.

For me I woke up this early this saturday morning, my last morning in Germany and plan to go for a job while others will make up with the strong misery of what we call the hang over and worst maybe take a sip of drink to over come it ... i have been there ... not not today ... !!
                            Rahul
                            --------------------------------------------
                            Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                            Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                            Rebooting ... done ...
                            Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                              Happy weekend, everyone,
                              Still feel flat and worried about the future but doing everything I can to recover from the cancer, eating well, resting, praying, walking, reading, stroking all the dogs and cats I see..... I believe pets to be very healing.
                              For the first time in a very long time I am not craving alcohol in any way, it is a beautiful feeling to be free of that.
                              Well done Frances on 80 days, well done to all for every minute, every hour, every day that we have between us, there is strength in that. Dila hope you are feeling better now re job, hope you find something else, I have time off work now because of all my treatments , future operation etc but work for me was one of my main triggers for drinking. When I do go back I will need to be on guard!! xxx
                              New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul,
                                Just read your last post and loved it, really glad you are doing so well and treasuring your AF life!

Comment

Working...
                                X