Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

wow rahul that picture is incredible! ive nicked it if thats ok. i looked at it before i read your take on it, and i got from it what you did, alkie minds eh!

DD pets are wonderful stress releasers, although mine was the hound from hell when i first got him. hes a sweerheart now and love him muchly.

do you have anyone near you to help while youre going through the treatments?

Comment

Newbies Nest

roxane;1661939 wrote: wow rahul that picture is incredible! ive nicked it if thats ok. i looked at it before i read your take on it, and i got from it what you did, alkie minds eh!

DD pets are wonderful stress releasers, although mine was the hound from hell when i first got him. hes a sweerheart now and love him muchly.

do you have anyone near you to help while youre going through the treatments?
      Yes thanks I do ... friends and family xx
      New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, loved your post - and, what a thought-provoking piece of art! Really hits home......
        DDiamond, so glad you are feeling the strength of sobriety - giving your body the best chance to beat this!
        Morning Roxanne and all; day 5 for me; up nice and early - looking a bit rough, but aint got nuffin to do with alcohol! Lol
        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Clear skies in my portion of the nest for a change, yay!
          Attending a family event today, no AL for me

Rahul, so happy to hear you are making the most of your AF life on this trip.
          Very unique picture, indeed!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a great AF Saturday for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy to say I am just back from my first swim in over 6 weeks - 64 lengths.......feeling great now! As soon as I hit the water I feel relieved - such a great stress reliever.....things are looking up!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, Nesters!
              Rahul, what an incredible post and picture! Like Roxanne, I had the same thoughts before I read your interpretation! I am going to have to print that picture, it is a powerful representation of our journey. I am so happy for you! The gift of time makes ALL the difference, doesnt it? If there were a way to show others that JUST riding out some of those hard parts makes it 1000 times EASIER down the road, our jobs here would be a cinch! Giving yourself TIME to heal is key, but giving yourself time to REALIZE what was happening is equally important. It only gets better, too! So protect your quit with all you've got!

Freeby40, I knew what your screen name meant immediately and your avatar is priceless! I am so happy to hear you are doing well!

BB, it is hard to check in with family all around, we will keep the light on for you!

DD, thinking of you. Im glad that drinking is not playing the starring role right now. Protecting your life is job one. Please stay close ....
              Daisy! I hope you are preparing for a good mooning tomorrow!

It is a beautiful day to be alive. Dont let AL rob you of one more day of it! Hugs to all! Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all and thanks for the many congratulations! Daisy, a nice swim really does sound nice - good for you! Many many years ago I swam pretty often - it really does make you feel great. Now that I have so many days under my belt I keep thinking it is time to start really taking better advantage of all of the extra time I have. I haven't really started exercising or doing anything 'new' with my time and energy. I'd like to. I will have to give some thought to what that will be.

Rahul, love your post as always!

DD, keep all of those positive thoughts and energy going - that is great - I am sending my positive thoughts and energy your way too!

The nest is hopping! Keep up all the great work everyone!

We had a lot of rain yesterday so today's games (my kids' baseball and softball) are postponed until this afternoon so things can dry out a bit more. So we have an unusual relaxing morning for us - nice!
                It is so nice to be enjoying it without being hungover!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Agree Frances. Love Saturday mornings now, and the rest of the day for that matter, not having to take a three hour nap! Maybe just a half hour...

Free, great on day 5 and what lovely support of DH!! Chocolates and take-out. Pretty darn nice!!

BBlues, read when you can. We ain't goin nowhere!

Rahul, what a beautiful post! You will remember this trip forever. And to be able to get up early and enjoy the sites is so special. Loved the picture. I'm gonna download that one.

DD, prayers for you dear lady. Hoping your treatments go well. When is your surgery scheduled?

Daisy, I don't swim, but I imagine that was a great one for you!

Have a Super, Sober Saturday everyone!
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

frances;1661358 wrote: I agree with FF 100% BB - and it will get better as hard as that is to believe. Just be prepared for when those cravings hit - what are you going to do instead?

Yes Dila check in and letus know how you are doing.

Peppersnow - you too! I know work is crazy busy for you but I am wondering how you're doing - you are getting close to 60 days!
                    Frances, thanks so much for the concern....that meant a lot to me. :l I'm still in the game and sober and doing well! Also, BIG hugs for your Day 80!! I'm so, so happy for you!

I spent this beautiful Saturday morning catching up reading. Up until a few weeks ago, I would read at work a few times each day - right away in the morning, during lunch, and before I went home for the day to steel myself to face the Witching Hour.

But the buzz is that our employer directed our IT department a few weeks back to monitor on which sites we're visiting or logging onto at work. They should be happy that I'm on a site that promotes health, but we all know that's not how it works. If I were logging onto weightwatchers every day at lunch nobody would blink an eye, but the rules society plays by and the stigma about employees are different for this disease.

So in a nutshell, I can't post during working hours anymore, but I do need to prioritize making time to read in the same way that I've prioritized exercising and eating well. As time goes by, it's easy to begin thinking that we don't "need" the support system as much as we used to, but I know from experience that's a huge red flag when I begin to feel that way. And that's when it's most important to get my butt here reading, even if I can't post.

Happy Saturday, all!
                    Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bedtime for my day 5. Need all my newfound powers for tomorrow's BBQ.

Had a great workout. In the gym for a very long while, and for the 1st time knowing with full certainty that my body was going to actually benefit from the hard work, and not have it all get completely negated afterwards by the calories from subsequent drinks.
                      AF since May 12th, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, and one more thing to Frances -- now that 60 days is within my reach, I don't feel nearly as nervous about it anymore, due to YOUR success and progress. In fact, as you began coming up on the 80 day milestone, I began thinking more about 80 days and now 60 doesn't seem as big of a deal! It's funny how someone else's progress can rewire another person's brain...congrats again and thanks for inspiring me!
                        Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

freeby40;1662006 wrote: Bedtime for my day 5. Need all my newfound powers for tomorrow's BBQ.

Had a great workout. In the gym for a very long while, and for the 1st time knowing with full certainty that my body was going to actually benefit from the hard work, and not have it all get completely negated afterwards by the calories from subsequent drinks.
                          Freeby
                          bbq, eh? make sure you have a alcohol substitute all planned out. Water, carbonated water, juice, something to keep in hand. You can do it!!
                          Sam
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Peppersnow, are you in IT? Can always switch a laptop to the guest WiFi or use mifi. Can also just use your personal phone on 3 or 4g. We need to do what we have to in order to stay sane in this journey. I do have the advantage that in my co I'm the monitor.
                            “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                            Newbies Nest Roll Call
                            Toolbox
                            Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Free, any games planned for this BBQ? The endorphins from any physical games can be most helpful as well as any alcohol substitutes. Know that when I'm sweaty and breathing heavy it's easier to choose something hydrating.
                              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                              Newbies Nest Roll Call
                              Toolbox
                              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. Had a pretty rough time today but managed to stay strong. Hot sunny day, BBQ season started and all in all I was a bit stressed out, but in a funny way the fact that I so badly wanted a drink made me realise even more how important it was to not have one.

Haven't got long to post tonight but wanted to say Hi to my pal Dila, and sympathise with the stress she is feeling through her job. Don't let them grind you down Di. Stay strong and head for that 30 day milestone with me. We have 21 days today, thats three whole weeks! Big pat on the back coming your way.
                                I can beat this.
                                Today is the day I start.
                                1st September 2015.

Comment

Working...
                                X