Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Guys

Mazzie - dont beat yourself up, every one of these drinks/hangovers & wasted days are if fact hidden gems in the BIG learning curve. I had to suffer and experience each and everyone of them to get to where I am now and without them I could never see my life the way i now see it.

Spuddle - Your sense of humor is wicked, I love it! It will serve you well.......

KatieB - I can feel your determination from your posts. I too used to start on sundays at lunchtime, we'd hit a beach restaurant, stay there all afternoon then I would come home and carry on the party by myself. Today I walked with a friend and our dogs for 2 hours then I spent the afternoon working on a software program im trying to learn. A good healthy productive Sunday and will be fit to hit the gym in the morning....
    "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
    AF - JAN 1st 2010
    NF - May 1996

Comment

Newbies Nest

Im on AF 6 this time....last night was tough I'm actually planning on attending a non denominational church service this evening. I need to get some kind of sprirituality infusion, Mr. MG said he would come when I left for work and now changes his mind which makes me want to change my mind but I think I should stick with my plan. I don't mind going by myself. I know I need to take some extra/out of my ordinary action on this whole deal. AA didn't work for me but on the other hand a lot of things they say are good and valid points about recovery and I do believe in the action part.

It sounds weird but I felt like the universe had a little karma for me today....came in to work and made a TON of sales after resisting the urge to drink last night even tho it was really hard! I know that sounds crazy but I thought I wouldn't be able to keep up at my job without my morning drinks to get me loosened up to talk to people and sell.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekends!

MG29:l
      I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno, Mazzie and Mama Bear, well done on being determined. When you look at the overall pic and see how well you are doing, a setback is only a blip, not a failure, so be encouraged by your overall successes:h

Chillgirl, well done on your healthy productive day. Its amazing how many hours there are in the day and how much energy we have when we are sober. Time and energy for living

Oh poor little spuddle, hope you are right as rain again

Katie big congrats on 5AF:goodjob:

Beagle..a big hello and best of luck to you

HC, thanks for advice on supplements, must get some supplies. At least with the fruit we are getting lots of nutrients along with the sugar

Had a good day today and am relieved to be through the weekend AF. Bring on the week!
        Be careful out there everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi MG, well done on staying AF! Yes when it comes down to it it's amazing what we can do without the 'help' of alcohol. Successes are so much sweeter when they are brought about whilst sober. Well done on your sales:goodjob: Hope you enjoy church

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to pop into the nest and say hello. I haven't had a chance to read the posts. I just got home and still need to unpack, etc. Nice to see hubby & son but miss my parents.
            I hope that everyone is doing well - will try to get back here & read all the posts. If I fall asleep, I'll be back tomorrow.
            Take care everyone and have a wonderful AF day.
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno, Mazzie, Mama Bear,

Well, not only did I fall off the wagon this weekend, I watched it rumble away into the distance. Had a bottle of wine Friday, Saturday and Sunday! And that was after I said I was confident about Friday's!

Not hungover but "jolly well miffed".

But I agree with Panno in that we're all drinking a lot less than we used to.

How about we set a small goal and say that we are going to stay AF for this Monday to Friday. We can "report in' each morning to see how we've been the night before.

I'd really apprrciate some help with this!

Thanks, Guys.

And hello to everyone else.

Spam x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Hippie Chick,

If I can get hold of a magic carpet, can I be your golf buddy? Alternatively, we could meet at Alice Springs Golf Club (is there one?) I haven't played in 10 years but Tranq is coming over to give me some lessons.

I'll dust off the clubs this morning....

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Beagues! Welcome back - you sound excited to be here. Glad you're back!

Panno - "thats better than the possible 20 bottles normally - I am not giving in its just a blip" - Panno, it's a learning process. Glad you're okay with this - you are looking at it the right way! Keep going.

SpuddleD - "1 week AF. yabbadabbado." Ha! Glad on ya SD!!! Fred Flintstone is my favorite actor!

Hi Chill - great to hear from you and great to hear how well you're doing! Keep coming around!

MG - "the universe had a little karma for me today....came in to work and made a TON of sales after resisting the urge to drink last night even tho it was really hard!" Wow MG, it is amazing how good things happen when we let them. It's so easy to close ourselves out of life with al - and when we open up, good things do happen - if we just let them in. Great story!

Sophie - I think fructose (naturally occurring sugar in fruit) is better on the body than sucrose - plain sugar. I don't know the science, but I think fruit is okay even though they 'technically' have sugars.

Spam - hang in there. Like Chill says, we need each and every stumble to learn how to walk on our own. Golf lessons - I could manage that I think - maybe I can get some help with my game from HippyC's dh.

Hi to all I've missed. Hi Lav. This is two af weekends in a row for me. Feels good.

Take care!
                  tw
                  Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK
                    Spam, Mazzie, Panno and Mama Bear have to report to each other every morning.....
                    I am up for this and know that together we will KICK ASS and make it to Friday
                    AND
                    unconditional love and forgiveness if we don't
                    BUT
                    WE WILL TOGETHER CAUSE CHICKS RULE.....:happy:
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Finally checking in tonight!

Wow, looks like several fledglings had a tough weekend. BUT, the good thing is you came right back & hopefully have learned some things. For me the big thing was staying out of the wine store! I have kept my house AF & will continue to do so. If anyone wants beer, it's in the garage & they can go help themselves (I don't want it). Mama Bear, Panno, Mazzie, Spam - you will figure it out when the time is right for you

Beagues - So glad to see you again. We have wondered about you! Sorry to hear you've had a hard time but you're here now. Stay close, we'll help in any way we can! Jump back up on your twig, it's here somewhere

KatieB, Spuddleduck, MG - congrats to you on your AF time - the days are piling up for you!!!

NoraC, glad you're back home with your family. Stay very close, let's keep your superb AF streak going, OK?

Chill, it really is nice to actually accomplish things on the weekend like other 'normal' people!!!!
                      Sophie, Tranq, sober weekends do rock!!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest & strength to move forward this week

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters - haven't been in here yet, so I thought I'd drop in & say good night & wish everyone a great week. I've read some of the latest posts. I recognize some of you & am glad that everyone is staying close & communicating. This has helped me tremendously. Tomorrow is day 8 AF for me, so I'm very excited about this coming week. I just hope I can keep it going. Good night all. Have a great Monday.

Comment

Newbies Nest

mama bear;814099 wrote: OK
                          Spam, Mazzie, Panno and Mama Bear have to report to each other every morning.....
                          I am up for this and know that together we will KICK ASS and make it to Friday
                          AND
                          unconditional love and forgiveness if we don't
                          BUT
                          WE WILL TOGETHER CAUSE CHICKS RULE.....:happy:
                          I'm just off to start a new thread in the "Starting Out" section.

Hope you don't mind.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chicks sure do rule..... Although there are some blokes that are OK too.....

Hello everyone.

Spam - think Alice is abit far for me to drive for a game of golf! Just hop on the magic carpet as Tranq and Lav fly by...

Sounds like a few of us are struggling. Can I suggest you read Rational Recovery. Someone mentioned it a few weeks ago and I have started reading it. It makes so much sense to me.

Off to jump in the pool - been another hot one.

Take care and bye for now.
                            I finally got it!
                            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All........

Happy AL Free Monday.

Smooches fromChilly Florida!!!
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hi Funny Girl, welcome to the Nest! Find yourself a comfy twig & settle right in with us Congrats on your 8 AF days, great job!

Greetings Spam, HC, Mama Bear & all to come today.
                                Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday! Let's renew our commitments & make the necessary changes to meet our goals

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X