Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all - slept quite well on my little twig Lavande! Thanks.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob:funny girl. im with you on day 8AF (monday, gmt time zone for me). had a nasty tummy bug over the weekend so i didnt feel like drinking anyway (is that cheating). so here i am on monday feeling better and determined to get through another day. im still thinking day be day, dont want to get ahead of myself.keep at it, keep strong, and dont let the bastard (AL) grind you down. loving the support and reallity that is here xx
      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've blown it so bad I don't even see the wagon!

Gosh, not sure where to start....had carpal tunnel surgery last Wednesday and got a wonderful RX of Vicodin. One or two every 4-6 hours, so me that meant 2 every 4 hours...nice little buzz. So I thought I'd add to it with the wine. Hubby noticed Saturday night that I couldn't put a sentence together....he was so mad at me, and so was I. He took my Vicodin, dang it. Had 2 glasses of wine yesterday but wanted more. I suck. This is much harder than I thought it was going to be and hubby is losing patience with me....what a mess....
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

spam - im up for monday to friday thinking day by day still so its not too big and scary. .if AL creeps up on me im gonna click my heels on my ruby red slippers (wizzard of oz style) and say theres no place like home. this is my new home so hopefully ill find myself back here with aunty em and all the gang (sorry if wizard of oz is not on your to do list..i love it). im gonna go somewhere over the rainbow and find my pot of gold (not alcohol). come on toto keep up with me. whoops think im losing the plot now... just off to the yellow brick road. follow follow follow .. follow the yellow brick road.. la la singing cos im happy .. not drunk

Comment

Newbies Nest

wow did i really say im happy not drunk.. zippedy doo da . thats a thought a didnt think was gonna happen. ooo i hope this lasts xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

BE CAREFUL BYRDLADY....
              we are thinking of you and sending you strength
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

Funny Girl, glad to hear you had a good night!

Glad you are feeling better spuddleduck, no fun being sick! Living the sober life rocks everyday

Byrdlady, thank your husband for possibly saving your life!
                I'm sure your Vicodin bottle was labeled with a warning to avoid AL. Rx drugs & AL together can be lethal, why would you do that?
                As a (retired) nurse & former patient myself I highly recommend using Motrin to manage post-op pain, very effective. Talk to your Dr but an 800 mg. dose of Motrin every 8 hrs. or so works great & would be much safer especially if you continue to drink.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon, be safe!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is a good day not to drink

Hi All,

Been away from the computer the last few days.

Many functions/parties all weekend and I managed to stay clean until last night. After the Olympic Hockey game "our hockey" had a wind up at the pub and I got wound up.

March 1st - Today is a good day to stop drinking for the rest of my life.

Hope you all have a good AF day today.

I don't feel upset because I see a good future waiting for me (AF Future). And with your help I shall get there.

Meech

Comment

Newbies Nest

that a girl Meech

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I too have been away from the computer for a while - family issues - my father is having health issues related to a stroke last May - in and out of hospital/nursing home - my mom has been doing most of the caregiving and has now fallen ill herself - admitted to the hospital today. My sister and I have been obviously stepping in and helping out. Wow - it's amazing how life comes full circle isn't it? My dad's comment today to my sis and I was "where did you two girls learn to change shitty diapers?" He still has his sense of humor which is a blessing. As for me - been doing very well trying to beat this AL demon - had 3 glasses of wine on Saturday night - first in a very long time. Didn't get out of hand and knew I wouldn't drink anymore this week so a victory (I guess). Just trying to get control - think I'm doing okay compared to where I was.

Hope everyone stays strong and keeps coming back here - even though I haven't posted a lot, I try to read the posts almost every day.

Meech - hi friend. Maz - good to see you here as well.

Mama bear, Grateful, Tranq, MG29, and any of the regulars I've missed - hi to you all and hope everyone is doing well.

:thanks: for being such good friends everyone!

Jolie
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

29th birthday tomm...

Hi Everyone!!!
                        AF day 7 here....doing ok....good meeting at work today. Off tommorow and its my 29th birthday....how does this make me feel?

(I premptively named myself MG29 anticipating the soon coming birthday! haha)

I am sort of scared about it I guess. But I do want to stay sober. I need to make sure and get my day off to a good start and get my head in the right place. Part of me feels that "I deserve champagne!" feeling. But I also know how tiring it was to drink the way I do and that once I drink I tend to keep drinking, day in day out. Yuck.

Anyway, it's a chilly day here can we get some spring already??

MG29:thanks:
                        I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

spuddleduck;814328 wrote: spam - im up for monday to friday thinking day by day still so its not too big and scary. .if AL creeps up on me im gonna click my heels on my ruby red slippers (wizzard of oz style) and say theres no place like home. this is my new home so hopefully ill find myself back here with aunty em and all the gang (sorry if wizard of oz is not on your to do list..i love it). im gonna go somewhere over the rainbow and find my pot of gold (not alcohol). come on toto keep up with me. whoops think im losing the plot now... just off to the yellow brick road. follow follow follow .. follow the yellow brick road.. la la singing cos im happy .. not drunk
                          Hi Spuddle,

I've opened a seperate thread for our journey. We don't mind picking up hitch-hikers.

Spam

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Just checking in. After Sat night this is day 3 for me. I'm going back to my first rule which is not to buy any in the first place then I can't drink any. Sounds simple and makes sense!

Jolie good to hear from you. I was wondering where you were. Hope your ma and da will be OK. Old age doesn't give us much to look forward to. They are so fortunate to have you and your sis looking out for them. Good on you. It can be very emotional though.

Spam, stick around pls. I think the chicks will just follow you anyway - we like ya. Its good to have guys here. I thought Lav was a guy for a while. No offense meant Lav.

Meech, Jolie, MG Spud Mama Tranq Spam Lav Byrdlady, and everyone else - I appreciate you all.

Off to work again now.
                            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie
                              did you see our challenge under General Discussion?
                              AF Olympics!!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just saw it now Mama! Helps to read the threads before jumping in and posting sometimes!
                                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Working...
                                X