Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

PETREL: Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to You! Happy birthday dear Petrel...happy birthday to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy:

I *think* it's almost Wed there in Aussie land..so I hope you see this when you wake up:h

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Tuesday morning Nesters

Looks like it's going to be quite warm & humid here today with afternoon thunderstorms. Sounds like summer is just around the corner.

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh goodness this Monday holiday had me all messed up Petrel! well keep the tunes for Wed LOL!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Mauritiusdodo--another veteran like me, landing in the nest. If it helps, I've found it best to start over here. I should've started, and stayed here, my first go-round. Keep it simple, my friend, and stay close. My plan is to spread love and support to other threads once I'm on my feet.

Happy Birthday, dear Petrelhead.

Oh, you runners! I've always wanted to run, tried, and tried hard, but could never do it. Muscle cell structure, body type? Can't do it now due to osteopenia in my femur. Even hard walking was forbidden by my dr. Enjoy yourselves, and glory in the leaness look. I would!

Glad you found your bag, Daisy. I would have been so frustrated after losing it, and then having to go back for it. Quite the trooper, you are. But, you did get 2 hikes in. Think about those leg muscles. Woo-eee.

Slept hard again. The AF sleep is what amazes me the most. I'm feeling good this morning, and looking forward to going to work at noon.

Hello to j-vo, Rah, Pav, Frances, Byrdie (be safe), Lav (rain here, too, and we need it), Sarah, and Ginger.
          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul,
            Such a great post!
            So many great points you brought up. Our brain is conditioned to believe that partying and alcohol are one in the same. I've believed that for all of my adult life, now it's time to recognize that natural "high" as you say kids and babies get from just the simple things in life. Artificial high sounds so...artificial! FAKE! Why not just pull out a joint, or do a line of coke at the bar. Same difference! It makes drinking less appealing when you think of it that way. And it's reprogramming our brains in that manner that makes us successful.

Like Pav, I love to dance. I need to find more venues that have that fun atmosphere, and one where I'm not concentrating on booze that others are indulging in. Maybe that's not going to happen and maybe that focus will go away eventually.

Juja, as Ava says, don't "drink at anyone or anything." Your husband has to deal with his depression, and has to do so, hopefully with professional help. You found the help that you need for your problem, and that's MWO. Continue to utilize this site the best way you can so that you stay sober for yourself. What you're doing for yourself now is just as important as DH getting help for his depression. Sometimes we feel as though we're being selfish, but not so. We need to take care of ourselves first so we can take care of others.

Happy 90 Days Frances!!!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mauri! Welcome to the Nest.
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Frances, happy 90!!! :crowned: GREAT going on that!!

Petrel, Happy Birthday! In my case, life began at 51 (I wasted my 50th year MODERATING!!! UGG!) So trust me when I say, the best is yet to come! Life gets better!

Welcome, Mauri. I am glad to read you are giving this quit 100% of your attention and priority. What has clicked in your head that it's finally time to shed this? What steps are you taking to insure this IS the last time you have to go thru the process? Making a Plan isn't fun and I don't like doing stuff like that, but it is essential. Just 'winging' it won't work on this problem. We must work at getting sober as if it were a paying job. You will not regret the effort that is required! It's a small price to pay for the freedom you will receive. Glad you are here.

Daisy, Day 15 now!! You are over the hump!

I'm off to the armpit of the South! Talk to you tonight when I check in! Have an easy day everyone! Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati, Thank you for explaining MAE so....

MAE everyone! I'm so glad I finally quit lurking and registered for MWO. Today is my 23rd day and I know I couldn't have gotten this far without your support.

We are heading camping with a large group of friends Wednesday through Monday this week. Traditionally that has included drinks around the campfire at the end of the day. Always resulting in over drinking and feeling like crap for the next mornings hiking or other activity. I have a plan and have talked with one of the ladies about my abstenance. This will be a big challenge for me and I won't have WIFI so can't even check in here. UGH.... I hope I'm ready!

I hope you all have an excellent AF day!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad to hear so many people going strong through the holiday weekend. I cannot claim this weekend as AF but I can be glad that there was not a night through the three day weekend where I failed to go to bed sober. Nor did it cause me to miss out on enjoying sober time with my nieces and nephew. Lurking every chance I got was definitely a much needed focus.

Of course that itch gained a little more strength so day one it is for both AF and NF.

Juja - Sorry to hear it was a hard weekend for you. In terms of AF as long as we get right back, dust off and keep moving it was just a moment in time. At least I can say thinking about it that way helps me. As for the weight of his depression on you - maybe it makes it feel lighter when you realize you are doing something to him - telling him he needs to move on rather than pining on false hope. The rest is up to him.

Maria - Glad you climbed aboard with the rest of us. I can only say for me I simply focus on my health and fitness. It encompasses all the lifestyle changes that need to be made and AL becomes engulfed as part of the whole picture of the new you, the self you're dying to meet.

Petrel - Happy belated birthday.

Ging - I know it's not the same but perhaps some printed material, even just a printing of some motivation that you've received from the folks on here, can be of some help.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Let's start my day I reverse order

At night had argument with wife .. Not appreciating my efforts to lose weight, improve life style, marriage, work etc etc ..

Before that on way back home from out of town where I went in morning. I stopped by to grab some ice cream (nosugar with your permission ... ). Passed by a alcohol shop from where I used to regularly buy beers (just 3 months back ). The man selling it recognised me ... He waved his hand from a distance ... He remembered me ... My brain also remembers Alcohol, AL too remembers me ... We know each other rather too well ... so well that I ain't going there ... So it was like AL waving me and saying " hi long time come on in AL misses u ..." I felt like replying " ... let the bitch (AL !!) die of thirst ...

Before that I was catching up with a cousin who have always been my beer buddy .. I met him after 6 months and he was shocked when I told him I am on detox. Usual question "how long ?" "why ? " etc ...

Good ...TO MEET HIM and not only with pretext of drinking.
                      . We were in a micro brewery serving beers from all over the world. Normally we would go to these kind of places and get drunk after drinking jugs of beers. Today he was gulping down and I was not. You tend to notice things which make you wear a SOBER lens. Small small things ....

- He was enjoying beer ... Much more than maybe even me .... I was enjoying his company.
                      - He was drinking beer and wanting more and more ... Or rather beer was wanting him ... I told him to leave he even said he can have more ...
                      - Place was playing lovely music from 80's, 70 .. Dire straits, U2 etc ... I was loving it from the moment I stepped in ... He starting enjoying after having first jug of beer ... Hmmm ...
                      - he started talking after a JuG of beer ... As if he needed beer to open up ... My vent was open from beginning. ...
                      - he talked about how his weekends are about making vodka cocktails and getting drunk (his idea of party and enjoyment.) I talked with such great since of achievement about my recent trips AL free ... How I declared to people I don't drink .. How I loved running in Germany. Partying in Sri Lanka without booze. He could not under stand ... But I understood him ... I was just like him ...
                      - saw few girls drinking and getting drunk and almost puking ... Controlling ... And drinking more ...
                      - He was seeking advice on his upcoming trip to Luxembourg and Munich ... How he plan on driving during day and drinking in evenings. I shared about how much I loved the natural beauty at this time in Europe.

While his idea of fun and enjoyment revolves with alcohol. I am learning to enjoy sober life and it's all and most importantly smallest possible moments which we miss because of alcohol.

That was my day ... I don't know y I started drinking. Now it looks like a distant dream (or night mare) but as I get stronger day by day I must not forget the notorious greeting of the man in the alcohol store waving "Hi ... long time ?" !!

Good night ... Stay sober ... Be good ... Protect your quits ... It's worth it !
                      Rahul
                      --------------------------------------------
                      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                      Rebooting ... done ...
                      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, if it's a toss-up between booze and ice cream, ice cream is a great choice .

Your posts have been amazing lately. Would you consider letting your wife read them? She might not have had a chance to get to know the man you've allowed us to see.

:l NS

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all, hope everyone is ok and having a great AF day. Ginger - 23 days is fantastic! Well done there.

Happy Birthday Petrel, hope you have a good one.

Dila - speak to me, where are you? Hope you're ok. 30 days for me today and its still partly me not wanting to let you down that is keeping me going, so thanks for being there wherever you are.

Rahul, Ice cream beats AL every time!
                          I can beat this.
                          Today is the day I start.
                          1st September 2015.

Comment

Newbies Nest

50 years old today!!! Thanks for the congrats everyone.https://www.mywayout.org/community/at...9769-image.jpg

Attached files [img]/converted_files/2326381=7758-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't sell yourself short FF, it's 31 days if 27th april was day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Petrel, 50 is the new 30!

Comment

Working...
                                X