Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady, Jvo, Jane, Ava .. I didn't mean to scare you ... Or may be I did Good to be in 100 plus club ... But thanks for getting scared and thanks for caring and wishes ... All of you.

NO sugar thanks for the huge ice cream. ... But I will just have the chocolate one ... Rest when it's 360 days ...
    Rahul
    --------------------------------------------
    Rewiring my brain ... done ...
    Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
    Rebooting ... done ...
    Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD - best of luck tomorrow, I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.

sanguine - welcome, you're in the right place. I've not been here long myself - 6 days - but I've found everyone to be very welcoming and supportive.

I stopped all at once, and I found that whilst I felt a bit rubbish for a few days (struggled to sleep a few nights, felt generally exhausted and stuff), the worst of it passed relatively quickly, and while I still feel a bit blah, I feel a whole lot better than I have in a long time already, even if it's just waking up with a complete recollection of the night before and no hangover.
      I guess it's different for everyone, but as roxane said, you might be best without the tapering.
      I know you might be nervous about just cutting it out, but honestly - it's for the best, and with a few sober days behind you, you'll feel like a new person.

Let us know what you decide

Cherokeer, how you getting on? Not long till the big 7 days now!!

M.E.

Comment

Newbies Nest

And Rahul, Well in mate!! Can't wait to feel that myself!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mind, I am doing great! I'm not sure what has changed but usually this long without wine and I am climbing up the walls wanting to drink. Before going without was just an exercise in torture just waiting until the "designated" day I told myself I could drink. I went to the grocery store today and wasn't even tempted. I didn't look at the wine aisle with longing, feeling sorry for myself not drinking.

I don't drink! LOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sarah - let's do this together! We have such great support here and I will commit to posting everday.

j-vo - I don't even know how to feel yet but I am focusing on me. Today is my start of being AF, getting in shape and finding a new job. I always give so much to my family. Now it's my time to take care of me. I hope you are doing ok. I'm sitting at the kitchen counter typing and wishing I had one of Lav bricks in my hand while looking at him! I am going between hurt and anger every few minutes!

Thanks to everyone for your support.

Rahul - Congrats on 101!

Byrdlady, Jvo, Jane, Ava - thanks for your insight!

DD - sending your my thoughts and prayers!

FF - Hope you are doing well my friend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

J-vo, LOL I forgot I wrote that. In that, I can say I am a "retired big fat dumb ass"

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, will be thinking of you tomorrow.......
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy - send me some of you enthusiasm and positive thinking! I love your posts!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sanguine and Dnemo! D, good luck with your rehab, there are several folks on this site who have done it and it was a great decision for them! We wish you the very best!
                    Sang, Roxy and Minderaser have given great advice. Tapering doesnt work for most of us, heck if we could cut down, we wouldnt be in this mess. MOST folks who come here just go cold turkey and other than feeling tired and achy, most of us quickly begin to feel better. I felt as if I had a mild flu. I drank a liter of wine each night, much more on weekends. I didnt have shakes or anything, so dont let the fear of doing this keep you from actually doing it. Just stay close and let us know how you are doing. We are so glad you are here!

NomoreJim, look at you! It gives me great pleasure to present this prize for 150+ days!
                    :flyingunders: Great job!!!

DD, we will be thinking of you tomorrow. Wish we lived closer together so we could go with you. We will be there in spirit. Hugs.

Daisy! 3 weeks!!! Closing in on your hat!!! So proud of you!!

Great to see everyone! Stay strong, you will never regret it!! Xo, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1666811 wrote: Hi Petra,

I too came to MWO last year and went sober for 44 days and fell. Tried again sometimes 7 days sometimes 10 but keep falling. Then early this year I broke my personal record can crossed 44 days. I so remember how I felt then. Mush like you ... In uncharted territory. I also remember myself being so proud of myself. While numbers of 30, 60 days might mean a lot especially for others to congratulate ... There is no such feeling like beating your own record. U being a runner u know ...

U should be so proud of yourself. You inspired me a lot in early days and still do ... Look at you running a marathon ... Wow ...

Trust me when I say if u stay on path ... Life will be lot better ...
                      Thanks Rahul!! And congrats on ther 100 days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

j-vo;1667057 wrote: MAE Nesters!

Petrel, you and I are both in new territory. I made it to the 40's, then 50's, and now am in early 60's. Can't see me going back and redoing any of those days ever again. Stay with me on this.

Thanks j-vo!! There is so much inspiration on this forum.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all Nesters,

Welcome to the newest newbies! Glad you found us & decided to hop on board
                          If you haven't already, check out the Tool box for great ideas to help you make your plans.

DD, will be thinking of you.
                          Dila & Juja, thinking of both of you as well.
                          Rahul - good job scaring everyone :H You are doing just great!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest. Hang on, sometimes the ride gets bumpy

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, new here. Will check out tool box.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome starting over I did the same at 59 so never too late. Tool box is great and the link is below my signature.
                              You have found a good home and we are here to help you...stick around and lean so much.
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, sending you positive energy tomorrow. Will be thinking of you.

Welcome Dnemo, Sanguine, and SO@48 --

Sanguine, I'm totally with those who've said tapering doesn't work for most. I tried 100 times. No such thing for me. I was drinking 1/2 litre a day of vodka or gin, and if I only had wine would easily down a liter of wine a night so with those quantities I was also terrified of DT's, seizures, etc., but went cold turkey and didn't experience anything that severe. I used the supplements, and Kudzo, L-Glutamine, and GABA, which were helpful I think for me. Like Byrdlady, I also felt like I had a mild flu, but the biggest issue for me was exhaustion and just wanting to do nothing but sleep for a few weeks. That actually helped though, because after work rather than drinking, I'd get ready for bed and be sleeping by 8:30.

Good luck, you can do this!
                                Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X