Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday for tomorrow MG! Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt rotten:bday7:

Mama Bear, Panno, Spam and Mazzie, Great idea doing a 5 day challenge. Best of luck!

Jolie, take care of yourself too:h

Funny Girl, happy day 8!

Spuddle, day by day is how I'm going too..can't go straining the poor brain trying to imagine too far into the future

Byrdlady, you don't suck, but you need support, just like the rest of us. Sounds like you have a great husband and you have us so hold on tight and lets fight together.

Hi to lovely Lav, Meech, Hippy Chick and Tranq and anyone else who drops into the nest. Am off to sleep..chat tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.

Happy birthday MG29. Instead of saying "I deserve Champagne" change it with "I deserve health, to live shame-free, guilt-free and sober". Much better birthday present to yourself.

Byrdlady - hope you are doing OK today.

My focus is shifting from constantly thinking about not drinking to not thinking about not drinking. My husband asked me yesterday if I wanted to have even one drink and I dont which is where I want to be. I wouldnt say I am completely over it and I dont want to get complacent however I like where I am and will put the effort into staying here.
      So many things have helped me thru the last seven and a half weeks. You all have played a huge part in me getting here. The supps, the CD's, reading what I can. I am very proud of myself as eight weeks ago I thought there was NO WAY I could feel like this. And if I can do, anyone can. I was really out of control with my drinking and struggling just to get thru every day. I think what I am trying to say is, please dont give up. It is so worth it to fight on and stay sober.

Maz, Meech, Spam, Soph, Mama, MG, Jolie, Lav, Tranq and everyone else who pops in - thank you and good luck.
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nesters,

The first day of March draws to a close here......it's been a good one!

Meech, hop back up on your twig, you're OK!

Jolie, Wishing you strength! I had to go thru my parent's health stuggles all alone, I'm glad you have a sister willing to share. I'll be thinking of you

MG - congrats on your 1 week - Woo Hoo! I agree with HC - celebrate your birthday in a healthy, more mature way this year. Wishing you the very best for the coming year!

Greetings Sophie, hope you are having a good sleep!

Mazzie, is it my big blue head that makes me look like a guy???? That's my 2nd avatar - I'm thinking about changing it soon anyway

Spam, Mama Bear & everyone yet to check in - hope you are having a good evening!

Going to put my feet up & grab my Kindle - I have so many books on it waiting to be read
        Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Wow - Hippy - Has it been almost eight weeks already! Congrats! Your post is truly heart warming - you really have gotten your head in the right place!

Happy birthday MG29! Is it really 29, or is it really the big one? Are you just gonna stay 29? Have a healthy happy birthday, and do treat yourself to something special. You deserve it! You're doing great!

Hi Meech - congrats on your hockey win - and your al win - March 1st, a day that will live in infamy!

Jolie - that was a victory. You showed control and determination. Take care of yourself and your family.

Hi FunnyGirl. Welcome and big congrats on day 8! Jump right in with any questions or comments. We're all here just trying to figure this stuff out.

ByrdLady - We need you here. Don't be mixing pills with al.

Wow - Spuddles - you sure sounded happy today! Just think of al like the ww of the west - "I'll get you my pretty - and your little dog too!" He he he he [evil cackle]. All you have to do is throw some water on her and watch her melt. I love that film too!

Hi Mazzie and Spam. Good idea on the weekday thread! I'm hoping to be right there with ya!

Hi to anyone I may have missed.

Take care!
          tw
          Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really 29!

TW-

Haha yes I was born March 2 1981 so I'm really 29!!!
            I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening kids!

Work is in full swing again.. sorry, no time to check in here during the day

I even missed 'Boot Camp' today (my exercise class)... 9pm I went.. 'Huh? It's Monday?' :egad:

LOL hope you are all doing well.. and Happy Birthday, MG!
              Be good and well, everyone! :hallo:
              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Cloudy in this end of the Nest again, what can you do?

Greetings Tranq, how's your weather holding up?

:bday7: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MG29 :bday7:
                Wishing you a great day!

Sunni, glad you have the work coming in.........I'm still pretty slow in my embroidery shop. People still holding on to their money :durn:

I think my DIL & grandson are returning from Maine today. Judging by their Facebook pictures they seem to be having a good time!

Well, I wish everyone a terrific Tuesday. I'll be back later

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday everyone and HAPPY BIRTHDAY MG!!:bday7:

Lav - My Mother in law does beautiful embroidery at home...she has a special sewing machine and uses hoops???........ hope business picks up for you!!

Hi Sister Sophie:h and everyone else!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Tuesday.
                    Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
                    :wings: :huggy

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Haven't checked in for a bit but proud to say still going strong and working on day 14! Hope all is well with everyone. Have a great Tuesday!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bravo Excuses
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all - happy Tuesday - hope all of you are well & making progress!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MG!!!!!!!:heartsnflowers::heartsnflowers:

Everyone else have a fantastic day!
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Nora and everyone!

Thanks so much to everyone for the birthday wishes! You have all made me feel very special. Have also been getting more texts and Happy B Day calls than normal so that's been nice.

Going into today still feeling pretty shaky...but I am going to try my best not to drink!!
                              Last year on my birthday I got engaged and then next day my best friend whose bday is the day after mine went out and celebrated and it got WAY out of control and bad things happened. I lost my keys, someone stole $500 out of an ATM where I forgot my card in from my acct-I got it back- did cocaine which I'm not even into. So...you get the picture. Trying to have a much calmer year this time!

It's snowing hard which stinks but oh well. Doesn't look like the sticking kind the temp is about 30 degrees farenheit.

Everyone have a great day!!

MG29-really 29 now!!!
                              I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,
                                MG really 29 hope you are having a great and happy day that is memorable for all the right reasons.

Lav, do you run classes in your shop? Might attract new customers in..

Hi Excuses, well done on 14 days:goodjob:

Mama Bear, hope your day is going well. How is the pedometer going? I've been going for more walks now that spring has finally turned up. Just as well, had a big choc slip up today.. oh well, will reach for fruit tomorrow..

keep safe in the nest..

Comment

Working...
                                X