Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Wag, Glad you are here. I'm day 31 so let's be here for each other! Stay close.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tonight is the first time I'll be going to a band practice since I stopped drinking, which is somewhere I would normally drink a lot.
      Plan is fixed in place for when I'm there, and I'm meeting a friend who is aware and supportive of the fact that I've quit drinking directly afterwards, so no post practice pub trips! (especially as the football is on tonight - another MASSIVE trigger)
      I'd have left it longer, but we've got a show coming up, and we need the practice.

Wag, Welcome
      Hope everyone is having a cracking Wednesday.

Mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mind, You can do this!! Your new MWO friends are sending you lots of AF energy and good vibes. That kept me AF on my 5 day camping trip I just got home from. If I can, you can!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mind, stay strong my friend!! Well made it a whole week and so far so good.

Welcome Wag.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Last night and today, all day, been on a downer......not going to drink but to be honest it is the lowest I've been since the day 1.....unmotivated, blah, blah......
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Enjoy doing nothing Daisy, spend time with yourself if you can and get to bed early. Sometimes we just need to pay attention to nothing but ourselves. It's OK.
              “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
              Newbies Nest Roll Call
              Toolbox
              Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1668151 wrote: Last night and today, all day, been on a downer......not going to drink but to be honest it is the lowest I've been since the day 1.....unmotivated, blah, blah......
                Sorry you're having such a down day. I can relate - we probably all can. Maybe try to tackle your day in small chunks if thinking about the whole day feels difficult? Do something special that you enjoy (a walk, listen to happy music, exercise, a chocolate treat?). If nothing else, remember that these down periods do pass. Hang in there :l

J-vo: I can see how going from the structure of teaching school to having the summer off would feel challenging. Sounds like finding some different things to bring structure to your days would help a lot. I know my busy days are much easier, and when I have days off with nothing planned, I think more about drinking. Maybe you could take a class, or do some volunteer work, or start a new hobby? Just thinking out loud...
                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just got home, the plan worked and I had my "no thanks" planned out ahead of time when drink was offered to me. Just got in and cooking myself something tasty to celebrate!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, good luck and stay strong!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thoughts are with you Jane.

Great going Mind!
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thoughts and prayers out to you Jane!! Hope it goes/is going/went well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All ,
                          Day 6 and still can't sleep , got to sleep about 2 am only to have the cat jump on me at 5 am wanting to be let out to start his day [ we have cat curfews here ] managed to get another hour of sleep , but really dragging my feet today . Stay strong everyone . BND .
                          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, I hope you are feeling better! You will never have 2 bad days in a row, so hang in there!!
                            Mind, great job!
                            Sarah, I hope you are knocking out Day 1!
                            Ginger, still glowing over your 30+ days!
                            Wags, good to see you!
                            Dila and Juja, quit buddies are great, arent they?

Hang in there everyone! It is so nice to be traveling and NOT feel the compulsion to drink! I even got a coupon for two free drinks when I checked in, something I would have happily consumed in the old days. This is such a gift but it takes time to attain.....just give yourself some time! Give sobriety time to work for you. Every day is not sunshine and daisies, but its a thousand times better than chasing/obtaining and recovering from AL! hang in there!! Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have to wonder if it's something in the "stars." Last week we were all so up, and this week is heavy. This too shall pass.

We'll keep the faith in ourselves. :l
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bran, the sleep will come, maybe try doing some exercise during the day?
                                I tried out a guided meditation for sleeping I found on spotify that seemed to do the trick for me too.

Having a cat wake you up at 5 isn't ideal either though, my old cat used to do the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X