Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Bedtime here but wanted to check in & say goodnight to all.

Daisy, we all have blah days - perfectly normal, right?
    Do something nice for yourself. Like Byrdie says - have a cookie!

Mind, hope your evening went as planned.
    Jane, hope yours went well too.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning from Germany. Totally depressed and mad at myself today. Believe it or not, I was doing well regarding my relationship with AL. But yesterday I was totally depressed and completely pissed off at my husband and my life situation... so I drank beer. I tried to bargain with myself, saying "at least it's not wine or liquor" but AL is AL... it always takes me down the dark path, no matter what kind of AL. Today I'm pissed at myself BUT determined to say NO because I'm realizing that I'm going to have to make a lot of life changes, and I will need to be sober for that. Sorry for the rant.
      Would you like you, if you met you?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Glad all went well for you Jane
        Thinking the situation thru really helps a lot!

MS, sorry you are in a rut. I was in one myself for quite a while. Then I realized that nothing changes until something changes. I had the power all along to change my thoughts & behaviors. Waiting for someone else to change his behavior darn near killed me.
        Do what you have to do to improve your situation. Make a plan, you deserve better.

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me in, sorry you had a bad night. I hope today is better for you. Don't give up.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters - well, after 2 days of feeling really down and very close to giving up, I am happy to see things feel better this morning....hormones played a big part!
            I actually feel quite proud of myself today for riding this one out - gonna hop on my exercise bike and have a shower and back to positivity. Just changed my bed too - love getting into a fresh bed!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane and Frances, massive congratulations on your 150 and 100 day milestones!
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, what did you listen to on the way to lunch? We are supposed to go kayaking this Saturday and I am a little nervous. I'm only at day 8 today and everyone will be drinking except me. I don't know yet how I will feel. Will I feel left out, will I regret being the only "one" not drinking? I don't miss drinking at all right now. I think I am going to like not be the drunkest one. I am usually the navigator because I know the river and I am usually in the lead.

I think I am going to post before I go and post my success afterwards.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Daisy! Good for you for getting past a rough couple of days - definitely something to be proud of

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nest:

I can't sleep this morning so I thought I'd sneak by the nest on my way to work.

Way to go, Daisy. How much worse would that mood have been made by drinking alcohol?!

Cherokeer - Bring plenty to eat and drink so that when others are "rewarding" themselves for a good day on the river with alcohol, you are rewarding yourself with an alternate delicious beverage. Tell them up front you're not drinking (make up something like medication if you need to) so they won't keep asking you. Can you tell a close friend on the trip? Might keep you accountable. Focus on the beauty of the river. If you're really worried, maybe take a raincheck until the next trip when you are feeling stronger...

Did I read correctly? Jane! 150 days is AMAZING. Congratulations - and thanks for your creative, interesting and introspective musings - they help us all.

Frances! 100! You have had steadfast resolve and offer so much support here, too! I love those big, round numbers. Congratulations.

Mein - Welcome back. Write down everything you're feeling (it doesn't have to be here), and next time you're tempted read back.

Happy Thursday, nest. Have super, sober days.

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all,

Mein, I can't tell you not to be mad at yourself because you're going to feel the way you're going to feel However I also know that until we accept ourselves as we are we cannot change and that being angry just keeps us focused on the negative. Start from where you are as we all have to and of course keep in mind what Lav said. You cannot change anyone else, only yourself. You'll get out of the rut just look for the light. We are here to help with that.

Great going Jane on making it through!

Good job on riding out the storm Daisy!

Congratulations Frances and Jane on some massive numbers. My hat's off to you both.
                      “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                      Newbies Nest Roll Call
                      Toolbox
                      Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check in here. Well done Jane for yesterday! Cherokeer, good luck on your trip, just get your plan down before you go!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, what a day. 1 hr 45 minutes getting chewed out by a customer. Then on the way home home another customer called all upset. It was an awful day.

I want to congratulate Jane and Frances on their outstanding achievements!
                          Jane, I hope you know how much we appreciate you! Your thoughtful responses to folks is always spot on. i am so proud of your personal growth in these 150 days. For putting it all out there in order to help others. You are a very special brand of person. WELL DONE!
                          :flyingunders:
                          Keep them clean and dry and they will last you a lifetime!

Frances, 100 days....such a milestone. The day to day struggles have passed and now the second phase begins....maintenance. For assistance with that, please join us on the 100 day thread! Thank you for all you do here! We are so lucky to be on this journey with you! It was a good day for us all when you landed here in the nest!
                          :finger:

Here is the one fingered salute to AL! GREAT going, Frances! We are so happy for this achievement.

Keep up the great work everyone! Daisy, so glad you rode it out, thats how it's done!! I will be awarding your hat soon!
                          Hugs to all!!! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Haven't been here in a while. This is my first sober night in a loooong time. I'm ready to quit (again), but hope this is IT. Just being back here and reading up on everyone doing so well gives me inspiration. Have a good night to all. I am so looking forward to waking up tomorrow morning hangover free!
                            Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                            :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to Frances - 100 days!!!! How wonderful and proud you should be! Congrats to Jane on 150 days!!!! Glad we're traveling this journey together, pretty lady.

Hope everyone is doing well in the nest. Been really busy last few nights. Keep up the good work.

Welcome back BlondAFAmbition!!
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had a really bad, stressful day at work. Plus being hormonal, I actually thought as I was walking out of work I need a glass of wine. Then I thought wait, I don't drink anymore. Guess I have to handle my sh&% without the red liquid crutch. So I came home, made dinner, and watched my big fat gypsy wedding and now I am relaxed and good to go. Whew! Shows you how habits kick in automatically.

Wow, the kayak trip is going to end up with 20 people going. Oh well, I knew it was going to happen soon. I'm ready to kick habit #2 ass.

Comment

Working...
                                X