Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

DD
    I also wanted to drop in and say I'm thinking of you, you are so strong. Sending you lots of positive energy for your surgery tomorrow
    Xx
    Pat

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD - I am praying for you today. You have been so incredibly strong and positive through everything and I absolutely love your list. That list could be used by anyone facing a difficult situation. I am glad you are getting counseling and if there is a support group that might also be helpful to you. Talking always helps and getting support from loved ones, but talking to others who have been through a similar situation as yours might be very beneficial and could help give you new insights.

Sending prayers, positive healing thoughts, and strength your way! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD- thoughts and prayers are with you! I think I speak for all in saying we love you. Prayers to you for tomr and beyond.

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

DD, while reading your post I thought of Eckhart Tolle's book 'The Power of Now'.
          I know it takes practice but you are giving yourself such a gift when you keep your thoughts in the present & not worrying about the future! Most of what we worry about never happens. I am aware of the drugs you mentioned, those side effects don't happen in everyone. Please save yourself from over stressing about all that now. You need your focus & your energy to heal quickly from your surgery :l

Greetings to everyone dropping by today. Let's all have a terrific AF Tuesday!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, my best friend had breast cancer almost 4 years ago. She opted for a double mastectomy. They too, wanted her to take tomoxofin (spelling ?) my medical dictionary is at work. She, like you read about all the side effects and chose to not take it. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't as that is a personal choice but that it is an option for you. I do a lot of young living essential oils and there is a regime for cancer and I had her on it. PM me when you feel up to it and I will send you information on it so you can research it and see what may be right for you. Take care and speedy recovery for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, I know it is easier said than done, but try to concentrate on one thing at a time - your immediate goal right now is to recover well after your surgery and how you will deal with the chemo - leave the other stuff to one side. My mum was diagnosed with osteoporosis 30 years ago and is fine. Unless you are in risky situations where you are likely to break a bone, it is unlikely. There are advances in treatments in all areas, cancer, hair loss, etc.......as you come through all this, you never know first of all, the level to which you will be affected, (could be minimal), or what breakthrough traetment may await you........
              Your feelings and emotions are so raw right now; fear of the unknown - this time next week, you will be in a different place completely......DD, this is a rollercoaster for you.....post here always about how you feel...we are behind, with you, all the way......
              Prayers for tomorrow......
              IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
              Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, you are in my thoughts today. You and I joined this sight about the same time. You, just a little before me, but I lurked for a while so I remember when you first joined. You seemed so overwhelmed and hopeless about your chances of becoming AF, and look at you now! You are one strong , tough and determined lady. Please post on here just as much as you want to about your struggle with the f'n disease. You will find an endless supply of support, as you know.

I got through last night with no problems in no small part due to a lot of great support from this site. Back to work today, and I'm sure I'll come home stressed, worn out and ready for a glass of wine on the patio. Instead, I will head right here.
                You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just Sarah;1670169 wrote: Hi. I'm a newbie. I made it 48 (plus) hours and failed tonight. So much to say, but I'm wondering if anyone can comment on ways to combat that well-intentioned (and, in my case, miserable failure) to make it 72 hours and beyond. I had the best intentions this am. Then, all I could do during my afternoon meeting from 4:30 to early evening was think about the drink I was going to have when I got home. And that's exactly what I did. An entire six pack of beer. So disapointed. What to do now? afraid exactly the same thing will happen if I do this again starting tomorrow. I may make it 48 hours, maybe 72--or even a whole week. But I know cravings will rear their ugly head again in short order, and I don't know how to get past what I gave in o (again) tonight. It's always the same thing, different day/ different week. What to do??
                  Sarah, I could have written that. If it's any help, I find that as I get more AF days behind me, and not necessarily consecutive days, the cravings and AL thoughts lessen. It's as if some distance helps us heal. Keep trying, don't give up, and you'll see what I mean.

The next time feel like we feel, I'm going to come here first, and write down my feelings, as others suggest. That's why the nest is so helpful, it's a beginning place.

All the best.

I'm with you on this one.
                  "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Promise yourselves that no matter how intensely you want and think you need a drink that you'll FIRST come to the Newbies Nest and post how you're feeling and why you're making the choice to drink. Just typing it out (and taking that little break before acting impulsively) probably will be enough to stop you but if not, someone likely will be around here to help you reconsider.

It might seem too daunting to swear you'll never drink again but committing yourself to posting first shouldn't be too overwhelming. If after posting and chatting with someone here you decide to drink, you'll know it is your rational mind making that decision, not your beast brain desperately meeting its need for a hit of feel-good chemicals.

Most of us wouldn't be here if our rational selves didn't think we had a problem with alcohol. So give that part of yourself the little time and space it needs to regain control and make the best choice for you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

X-post with Kailey and JuJa :hug:! See you later today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, I am a bit late, but have to say a massive well done on your 500 days! Way to go! Hope for the rest of us!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, I know you're not here to read, but know I will be praying for you today, and tomorrow. Something out there will be listening to my prayers.

Think about this: consider not being a soldier in the cancer army. I read an article where a cancer patient asked why she had to fight, why couldn't she just be and heal? I interpreted it as serenity vs anger and aggression, which seemed to be a far more healthy approach to me. Just my 2 cents for something I'm not experiencing.

BTW, regarding you osteoporosis fears. My sister has severe osteoporosis (63), and she doesn't live the life you're fearful of. She's very careful, has some pain, but lives a full life.

All of us here are with you every step of the way. :l
                          "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;1670295 wrote: X-post with Kailey and JuJa :hug:! See you later today.
                            Thank you, NS. Good advice, and reassuring to know it's okay to vent.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My blood work results came back, and all is well. My cholesterol's a bit elevated, but with all the crap I've been eating, I expected it to be far worse that 209. I'm relieved.

AST level a bit low, and that could have something to do with why I'm always tired. On second thought, I've been like that all my life, so why be concerned now?:H

Onto an AF life with fruits, vegetables, and whole grains.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, my prayers continue for you today. I loved your list. And I liked what you said about staying in the present and what Lav said about most of the things we worry about don't happen. I need to remember that, too. I believe in the power of prayer, so I'll be praying for you, and I'll text some of my prayer warriors to do the same. xxxooo
                                Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Working...
                                X