Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: hi seeking calm. you have found a great place here. of course your scared. alcohol is a great big bully that makes you feel that way. ive been here just over a week and have found loads of support, words of wisdom and information. read as much as you can here. you will soon realize you are not alone in this. xx
    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Happy Humpday everyone!
      Pops, so nice to see you! Your nest has been very busy place for lots of Newbies!
      Hope you & G are well

Greetings to Funny Girl, NoraC & KatieB. You're doing great, so glad to hear!

Hi Seeking Calm, welcome to the Nest. Please find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us - this is a good place to be! If you haven't already download & read the MWO book, it's full of useful info about the program. You can get it right here from the Health store for about $12. If you have any questions, please just ask & stay close, OK?

Hi to Mazzie & Spuddleduck! You guys are coming along nicely this week, good to see

Wishing everyone a terrific AF day, will be back later.

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel like I'm the only one still messing up and struggling and just plain.....swimming here? Why!!!
        Angry, frustrated and sad.. ho-hum!
        Chook *would cluck,but don't feel like it*

Comment

Newbies Nest

ignore! ignore! ingore me
          it's all good..
          Lav I wish I could email you...*sigh*
          chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Chook........just so you know......you are not alone. :l:l:l:l:l
            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook baby
              You are definately not the only one struggling....I am right there with you sister
              But i try to think of it as a "good" struggle, if that makes sense....
              I am actually focused and thinking about LOTS of issues besides AL and I am learning alot about myself....
              are you using the supplements??
              or meds???
              Hang in there.....I am
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone!

Just starting day 15! It feels wonderful. The urges dont seem too bad for the most part but when they hit it seems to be all I can think of! I have noticed if I stay busy or go and see my non drinking friends they pass pretty quickly. It's funny to me how much I enjoy seeing my friends that are not drinkers since I used to not spend as much time with them b/c I was always wanted to do things that involve drinking and that wasn't really thier scene, I actually enhoy thier company more now!

Hi Lav- the weather here is dreary and wet but at least it's not snowing! Thanks so much for the kind words!

Hippy Chick/Meech- Maybe I should think about a name change but having the reminder is a good thing as it makes me not want to be the person that signed up anymore, if that makes sense!

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words, this place really has been a huge help, it's really nice to have somewhere to go and share these feelings with people who understand!

Have a great hump day everyone!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Okey Dokey then!
                  Have been thinking *strange but true*....
                  realised that I am sitting here at my PC cause I need to...vent ALOT...need to do it safely, to people who care and what better place...but PLEASE DON'T private message me (I know that sounds crazy, but I just need to cover my tracks as best I can).
                  So for now I just want to vent my spleen cause I am feeling hard done-by right now..probably once I've jumped up and down a few times and stamped my foot here,I shall be okay and can go to bed...GOd willing!

Right then, here goes:

Husband is very controlling and angry person. Very traditional type male etc..which is great in some ways,but not so great in others! He can be very generous in many ways,but is not a hands on Dad and resents any 'interference' in his life. He has lots of rules,which 'we' must live by (the wee chicks and me). He criticises me in many and varied ways...subtle ways which are hard to explain and almost too subversive to recognise..except he makes me feel like..*#$@*alot!
                  In saying that, he works very hard (workaholic) and provides well for us. But, I feel sad...because right now I do not want to be here..with him..now! Despite it all..(I know I should not place blame on any other but myself) I drink because of him. What does one do? I live in a small place, I can't even go to a counsellor 'confidentially' as his mother is high up in the health care division here. She has already 'interefered' before when I had to see someone re: PND! I am too nervous to leave traces of myself that he or his family can find? How sad is that?
                  (I am probably sounding just plain paranoid now....but right now,that is how I feel)
                  I should not even be posting this cause he can trace it down
                  how unfortunate is that?
                  ah well,such is life hey!
                  so that is my rant for now...but from now on I am being smart and careful
                  Chook:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chook - I am so, so sorry! Do you know enough about computers that you can cover your tracks. Cover your history, etc. You need to feel safe to post here. That is IMPORTANT. This is your family. We are all here for you. If you don't know how to delete your history, give a shout out. I am sure that someone can help you. I know some but I am sure that there are more knowledgeable people than me. Then you won't have to worry about anyone seeing where you have been 'surfing'. Hang in there!
                    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I see you already changed your profile pic - excellent. There goes one way to identify you. :goodjob::goodjob:
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks

Comment

Newbies Nest

C#3, stick with us!

Look, I screw up all the time, but as I said yesterday, I'm better than I was a month ago. I'm not spiriling out of control now. I was drinking almost 1/2 a 5th daily plus a couple glasses of wine so my hubby could see I was drinking the wine, he had no idea about the vodka tho. So I've been vodka free 31 days....now I need to tackle the wine, which I did for 6 days and then I fell out of the nest onto my head...then had carpal tunnel surgery and some great Vicodin pills along with the wine...so I've managed to crawl back up into the nest and I see the wagon out there...now if I can just climb on and stay on! It's hard, I'm here to tell ya...those 6 days I was af were pure bliss...I could even joke about it...like, since I stopped drinking, I can't do anything right!! We will get there if we find strength from each other and not at the bottom of that dam bottle. The Beast lives in the bottom of the bottle....not at the top of it. Stick with us...we are a good bunch of chicks.
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Chooks....
                            maybe you try to focus on YOU and tune him out for a while until you are strone enough to make some tough decisions.......I know that will be hard, but if he is being an ass all the time that is no way to live....
                            I don;t know how young your children are....can you get a job so you can develop your self esteem and have your own money???
                            Also, have you been tested for depression...????
                            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Chook, how about you get a new hotmail or yahoo email account to use as your contact so you can keep your MWO messages private?
                              Thinking of you xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.

Renewal - if you started up the nest all I can say is Thanks. You have saved my life. Simple as that!

Seeking calm - welcome and that is what you will find here - Calm.

Lav - yes three time zones in Australia. You should try doing business with other states. As we are in the last state (West Australia) we only have a small window of opportunity to contact the other states especially during summer when they add another hour on for day light saving. (The people here voted against day light saving - can you believe it!!). It feels like a different country sometimes with WA (Wait Awhile) so far behind the rest of the states.... oh well. Not much I can do about the rest of the country!

Chook 0r should I say Medusa (love it!) - I am sorry to hear of your pain. You have alot to deal with and I can understand why you would choose AL to dull your pain. I have found that if you get strength from ditching the AL, you can use that strength to change other areas of your life. (On a personal note when I gave up AL 15 years ago, I was sober for 5 years and able to find the strength to end my first marriage that was so wrong for all of us). I am thinking of you and hoping for the best for you. I know you are not that far away from me, but if you do want to PM me please do. My lips are sealed.

Take care everyone. Hi to all our lovely regulars (the list is growing) and stay strong.

Hippy.
                                I finally got it!
                                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Working...
                                X