Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Available, that gives me hope. I wondered if the headaches were just part of the process. I don't even have the thought of when I fall but just a fear of falling. I'm truly humbled, heart broken and fearful of ever drinking again. I pray for strength everyday.

I found out yesterday that I am going to be a grandmother. I need to regain my dignity. The next generation is waiting to be born.

Comment

Newbies Nest

oh Chero congratulations and you have an incentive to stop al and enjoy your grandchild. My daughter said to me years ago that she would never leave her child with me. it has taken me two years to stop and she is still not pregnant but i know that i will be the best sober nana ever and she knows that too. That is such lovely news. You have all the strategies in place Chero, you will not fail or fall off the perch as long as you keep on here and be accountable. It is good in a way to be fearful as it keeps you vigilant in your quest not to drink. I never thought i could go 6 months not drinking, let alone 6 minutes or 6 days or 6 hours but now everyday is a day i wake up sober and grateful that i have made the right choice. I will always be determined to never drink and like you a little fearful. Being fearful keeps us on our toes with regards to al.

Im so happy for you!
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back in our rented place safe and sound. Thanks everyone for your support. Will post more when I return home. Ava, I'll fill you in, too.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello All,

Back to live back to reality. Back to open and free internet. There even Google.com is blocked. I was also so see the MwO page but was painfully slow. China has one of the most sophisticated internet firewall which blocks partial websites, scans the key words and blocks the pages. Social networking is banned or highly restricted. What ever is left is is Chinese language.

I missed MWO but not AL. It is so storage on my last visit to big and modern city of shandhai all I remember is drinking and drinking. My whole image of the city has been about bars and booze. This time I have very different memories and I dont see Shanghai as a place where u would like to drink. Hovering and staying near bars used to be such a high priority earlier but this time it was more about doing daily work and then looking forward to chilling out in hotel pool. Experiences like this only makes me stronger.

The trip was quite hectic did a lot of travelling in last 4 days. Shanghai, Guangzhou, Jiangmen city. Person who was travel along with me drinks but does not loooove drinks like I used to ...

One particular place in shanghai where I had very good memories from last time was shanghai jazz and blues restaurant which served plenty of draughts. I was such a cool place in my mind. I did go there again this time but the band was not so great and I didn't have booze to waste time on so left. I do wonder if I would have been drinking I would have stayed on and "enjoyed".

Past few months I have faced and confronted almost all situations which I associate with drinking. I was very difficult initially I must say. Sitting with an important customer on a table and saying no to drink, travelling in a city with memories of drinking, airline lounge with free booze and most importantly checking into an hotel alone and facing an empty room where I used to drink alone. While others might say that one must avoid situations where people drink or can give a trigger to drinks I knew in my case triggers were so many and so much around me it was impossible to avoid them. I had only one way to face them. Tough in beginning but now I feel strong and confident.

I also noticed how healthy and hard working Chinese are. Could find beggars or alcoholics (maybe because govt is quite swift in action) or is it that china is not having a big drinking problem like rest of us do. I did not see such elaborate displays of bars and booze as I normally see in Europe or western world. Every person I see looks healthy and slim ... and young even though they may not be as young.

Its good to be back but next thing for me is a vacation with family and friends to beach side and this time I will openly declare once again I dont drink.
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Welcome back from your trip to China Rahul!
            You certainly have seen much of the world thru sober eyes at this point - good for you

Chero, Congrats on your upcoming grandmother-hood
            That is exactly what finally got me steered in the right direction. I also wanted to be a healthy, clear-headed & smoke-free granny. Best job in the world!!!

Happy Father's day to everyone celebrating today! I am having the kids & grandkids here for a BBQ today. AL not invited

Have a wonderful AF Sunday!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Roxanne on 50 days sober. I am very proud of you for this achievement my friend and all of MWO should be proud of another nester achieving great results through grit and determination to kick al out of their lives.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Roxanne! 50 days is fantastic and it only gets better!! Way to go!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sunny Sunday Morning

Morning nesters! Remember the days when you couldn't stand the sun so early? Today I was up and watering the garden enjoying the sun thinking man I am glad those days are gone!

One day at a time nesters, next thing you know AL is a thing of the past and you have a new life to embrace!
                  Newbies Nest
                  Toolbox
                  My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 50 Roxane!

Ava, I know you'll be a great sober nana!

Rahul, you surely can't avoid those situations traveling. That makes it that much harder, but makes you that much stronger. Glad you're safely home.

To all the Father's, Happy Father's Day! Have a wonderful AF day.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Summer,
                      Welcome to MWO! Check out the toolbox and make a top ten list for yourself. When you have cravings, look at your list. Looking forward to getting to know you better.
                      Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon!
                        Rox, 50 days makes you royalty around here!
                        :crowned:
                        Great job and keep your reign going! Here's to unlimited terms in office!

Rahul. Welcome home. I travel for business too and thought it unimaginable sober. Turns out it's not only doable but so much easier. It's is a skill you can learn. Like anything else the more you do it the better you get.

Welcome summer!

7 days for Petrel and Kailey! Britches down everyone!!
                        :moon: :moon:

The worst is behind you!

Home soon! Emotionally draining weekend. Hugs to all! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great comment from my hubby (who never had a drinking problem, and in fact hardly ever drinks at all) on our way home from a party last night. "Isn't it great to have a conversation and remember it?"
                          Newbies Nest
                          Toolbox
                          My accountability thread

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all!!

Roon, Daisy, Ava, Wag, Eloise, Francis and everyone , Thank you for the congrats on 7 days. I really want this to be the last "first" week ever.

Kailey, well done on your 7 days! Let's get this right this time. Check in regularly, know our triggers, learn from our previous slip ups. We know the drill. Let's make it happen. Strength and accountability together.

BL as always, thanks for the prize I truly plan to make this my last moon.

Cherokee, congratulations on your news, Exciting times ahead.

Rahul, great to see you back. I really love your insight. In the past, when I've travelled and holidayed overseas, drinking has always been a big part of it. Flights, airports, resorts, dining out, functions, and just chilling out . I think I'm up for the challenge of AF travel. Must be time for a holiday soon.

Well I did my last 3 hour 33km training run yesterday. Marathon is 3 weeks away. I will start to taper my training distances for the next few weeks. I'm ready, and actually feeling good. This last week being AF has allowed me to become focused again and running yesterday inspired my confidence again. It will be a tough day out, but I know it will be a fantastic experience. I shall keep you all up to date.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Roxanne on 50!!! A fabulous half century:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE all ,
                                Cold raining Monday morning here , Day 3 here so that also means 2 nights of practically no sleep and wake in fright dreams , really am worn out with this . But it all gets better from here by past experience.
                                Congrats to all who are stacking on the numbers , BND
                                Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                                Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Working...
                                X