Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoSugar, what an incredible video! It is very eye opening as to what is going on in our addicted brains. LostInSpace, it would be a great video for you.
    So often we see folks trying to taper, just like you did today, only to go against very plan we had laid out. It isnt a matter of willpower, it. Has to do with what is going on in your brain. If you are taking some of the major drugs (baclofan and diazipam) and drinking, I wish you would come clean with your doctor. The doctors are only as effective as the information WE give them. Garbage in, garbage out. You have a lot going on...remember, we are not doctors, yours is a complicated case. I would urge you to get your psychiatrists help. I imagine he or she already knows anyway. We arent as good at hiding this as we think. Keep checking with us. I hope you get over that hump and can be on your AF way soon! Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, so nice of you to support your friend
      Have a safe trip & don't forget to come back!!!!!

Lost, we are all fearful when starting this journey. You say you have had experience so be sure to cover all your bases. Just get started on your tapering plan & stay in touch with us. Don't put it off any longer, it will never get any easier than it is today.

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!!!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a great birthday...it is proof positive that all events can be managed without AL....cheaper too....
        Happy sober birthday to me!!!!
        It is doable folks....U too can do it!!!!
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE , Brain chemistry is an amazing thing , and harder to figure out than Rocket science , except for the basics of " Don't mess with it " just feed it clean and healthy . Day 4 here , finally got a good nights sleep before a super busy day . A nice cup of tea is so much more relaxing than trying to cook dinner and swallow 4 beers and 1/2 a bottle of wine before the Missus gets home from work . Hope everyone's well . BND
          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey All, just wanted to say hello and let you all know I?m still here and alright. Haven?t abandoned ship! Just so in my own head don?t know what to say. Sorry to hear of your loss Pav. Byrdie have a nice trip. Happy summer all my fellow teachers! Chin up Juja! Welcome new comers and welcome back Nursie! Great Job everyone on all your af days and all the days you are here and working on it anyway that works for you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Hope everything is OK with you BB
              Staying connected here really helped me out in the beginning!

BND, glad to hear you are back on plan
              Everyday life is so much easier with a clear head.

Dottie, glad you enjoyed your sober birthday!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday. Getting hot & humid in my portion of the nest - summer has arrived, oh boy!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!
                Good to see all the familiar faces and also some new ones!
                I'm off to work! Let's have a great day!
                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nursie,
                  Glad you have come back and yes, this will be your last quit. It's mine as well. I stayed close to the boards, and made sure I read and posted. Did you review your plan and add or make changes? Sometimes the same things wear out, don't work anymore, and we have to change it up a bit.

Hang in there Booze Blues. We're not going anywhere and I'm glad you're not either.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
                    Welcome back, Nursie! Glue yourself in! We're so glad you are back!
                    Off to the city! Hope everyone has an easy day!! XO, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone. Today is (I'm hoping) Day One. I need lots of encouragement so please help me today. I know from past experience that if I can get some 'days' under my feet I will have a good chance of success. I've gone the Naltrexone and Baclofen route but resolve and perseverance seem to be the methods I must use. I have to face reality.

Dinnertime is danger time for me so please be thinking of me later on. I have humbled myself to the point where I KNOW there is NO answer for me other than QUIT.

I'll check in here often throughout the day to keep my resolve from melting away as it has always done in the past.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE

Hi, nursie, and welcome back. You sound determined.
                        Lost, I'm wishing you well in your detox.
                        Happy sober birthday, DB.
                        Hello to the rest of yers!:h

So much stuff going on right now--does life ever get simpler? I don't know where I first heard this, but it rings true: "He went out for a pack of cigarettes, and never came back." I can understand why people disappear.

I'm hanging in there with sister now in hospital, husband clinging, father being his difficult self, arsonist in neighborhood, and niece having anxiety attacks. At least my laundry is done, flowers are all planted, bills are paid, and groceries bought. My world is in order, and that gives me the peace I need to move ahead with my day. As a matter of fact, I'm doing pretty damn well!

Summer reading program begins today in the library where I work. It will be like Christmas eve at Walmart for the next 9 weeks. I'll be occupied, and exhausted, which will help with avoiding AL.
                        "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

You sound great Juja! Just checking in....have been out and about this past couple of days.....the weather here is just beautiful....really lifts your spirits.
                          Haven't been on MWO as much and I have to say the thoughts were creeping in....no good reason because everything is great and getting better.....so, day 36 here and I need to stay accountable!
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Juja and BB - thanks for touching base and updating us. Hang in there and please let us know if we can support you in any specific way. Always here to read/listen, understand, and send hugs :l :l

Nursie - good to see you

Lost
                            - Hope today goes better for you. Please keep us posted.

NS
                            - I'm going to watch the "Craving Brain" video today
                            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a question for everyone.

First, I'll explain what I'm experiencing. When I was drinking a lot, I would often not remember everything that I did. Not in a blackout sense, more like a "not paying attention" sense. I'd forget where I parked my car, or whether I paid a bill, or I'd find things in my fridge that I'd forgotten that I'd bought. When I'd discover these things, I would generally react like, "Oh yeah, that's right..." In other words, I'd typically remember completely once I got the reminder.

Recently I have been experiencing the same thing, albeit not as frequently. I haven't had a drink in almost 7 weeks.

Has anyone else had this experience with mild forgetfulness after a period of AF time? If so, what was your experience? Did it improve?
                              Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wagmore, me too! Sometimes I am driving and suddenly have to ask my daughter where we are heading - like you, remember when prompted.... Hope it isn't loss of brain cells!!! Aaaaaagh!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X