X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nursie, great to see you back!!!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wag and daisy I swore I was getting Alzheimer's with my memory but it's a stage albuet a frustrating one. It will pass maybe it's a sign our brain is rewiring. So much better than a blackout that's for sure.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I've had a successful day of tapering down according to plan, and am one day closer to being AF! Feeling motivated. Thank you Byrdlady for your advice. I will consult my psychiatrist if I find myself unable to keep to my schedule, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary. It very well might be given my history, but I?m hanging on for now. I?m not sure what video you?re referring to. Will have to go back further in the thread. . . Thank you to all who have so warmly welcomed me! I'm also glad to see some others starting out again with me (Nursie, Bran new day, LearningOne, Sweaty Betty, hope I?m not forgetting anyone - sorry, my brain?s still muddled). OK, that may not sound right, I?m not happy - I'm sorry that there are so many of us for whom this problem is so damn hard to kick. But, hopefully we can support each other along the way and make this the last quit ever. Hope you all have a good night!

Comment

Newbies Nest

daisy45;1672947 wrote: Wagmore, me too! Sometimes I am driving and suddenly have to ask my daughter where we are heading - like you, remember when prompted.... Hope it isn't loss of brain cells!!! Aaaaaagh!
          available;1672950 wrote:
          Wag and daisy I swore I was getting Alzheimer's with my memory but it's a stage albuet a frustrating one. It will pass maybe it's a sign our brain is rewiring. So much better than a blackout that's for sure.
          Thanks for your replies Daisy and Ava. I've been a bit worried on occasion but have been hoping it will gradually reduce or stop completely. I like the idea of my brain rewiring - hope that's what's happening on many levels!
          Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all for the kind words!
            Juva- I do need to work on my plan. I'm tweaking it based on where I went wrong before (and before, and before). Basically I'm awesome until I get good time in, and then I trick myself into thinking I can do it again. That people have forgiven me, and will give me another chance. That maybe it will be different this time (lies all lies) and the craving physically manifests itself in the region of my throat to my tummy and it's almost as if it's another person walking into the liquor store.
            It's a most bizarre feeling.
            Day 1 again 11/5/19
            Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
            Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
            Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
            11/27/19: messed up but back on track
            12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I made it through. Today IS Day One.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening,nesters!
                Learningone, welcome and GREAT job on day 1. Once that one is out of the way you can get down tob usiness! Here is a hug! :l

Lost, so glad to see you sticking to the PLAN! Thats what it takes!

Nursiem you looked nicely glued in!

Daisy, keep your butt in this nest! You are just rocking it, I am so proud of you!

Great to see everyone, gotta get up at 4 in the morning for my friend's procedure. Yikes, that is inhumane! Hugs to all! Byrdie

PS, I am so glad I am sober thru all of this. People are counting on me! Xo
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wag- My attention span is getting better. I hope it doesn't get worse. I always have forgotten what I am doing. I attribute it to doing too many things at once. That's my story and I am sticking to it. LOL

Juja- Hello and happy day to you my friend.

Nurse- We have all been where you are. I came back here broken and despairing. I am on day 20 and I never thought I could go more than 3 or 4 days tops. Hang in there.

Lost- Good luck in tapering. Please take care and I wish you success.

Dottie- Happy AF birthday. That's awesome.

Brand New- I thought I was the only one who guzzled a bottle of wine so when the hubs got home the new bottle looked like I was just pouring my first glass. I'm so glad I don't have to expend all that energy anymore to hide my shame.

Learning- Congratulations on day One!!!! Yeah for you!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wag, and Daisy, I don't know how old you are, but if you're anywhere near menopause it could be a drop in estrogen. My memory went kaput once I began approaching that stage of my life. I was always very sharp, but not anymore. I don't like it, but accept it.

Lost, you sound good. I'm glad you're plan is working. I was more than a little concerned.

Nursie, I guess cravings must manifest themselves differently in different people. A friend of mine says she can feel the JD hit the back of her throat when she's craving but not drinking.

I always feel bad because I'm missing people, but I don't know how to track back easily to respond. Suffice to say, I'm pulling for all of you.

Sober evening here, with 2 good books to read. Yay!
                    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome LearningOne! Congrats on your first sober day, it's the hardest
                      Stay close to the nest & let us know what your plan is when you get it put together!

Daisy - STAY PUT!

I have to agree with Juja on the memory thing.......
                      I found that my thinking is clearer without AL on board but my memory suffers a bit. I am 60, without hormones & I have three grandkids - what can I say? :H
                      I think it's best not to worry too much, being sober is more important, right?

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
                      Byrdie, thinking of you!!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava, a huge congratulations on reaching 200 days!!!!!!!!!!! That's a fantastic achievement. Well done. roud:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, Nest:

I have been very busy and had some trouble logging on, but here I am to say hello, however quickly.

Nursie - so glad you're back! Hang tight. I suggest the Bubble Hour podcast about relapse prevention - it gives very concrete ways to stay sober, even when the "I wasn't so bad" sets in.

Juja - Glad you're feeling better, too, even with all of that stress going on around you. Have you tried meditation? My sister just sent me a link about the physiology behind why meditation works to relieve stress. What good books are you reading?

(Now I'm starting to feel like the Wizard of Oz - you've had the power all along, you just have to use it)!

Petrel - How's training? Hope going well.

Sweet Ava - CONGRATULATIONS to you, my sweet friend. So excited for that big number. 200. How amazing is that?!

Byrdie, good luck and a speedy recovery to your friend.

Lav - I'm with you - too much to remember with such a busy life!

I am wishing all of us great success. Hang on tight to the wise nest mums here - they really know what they're doing.

xo
                          Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, Nest:

I have been very busy and had some trouble logging on, but here I am to say hello, however quickly.

Nursie - so glad you're back! Hang tight. I suggest the Bubble Hour podcast about relapse prevention - it gives very concrete ways to stay sober, even when the "I wasn't so bad" sets in.

Juja - Glad you're feeling better, too, even with all of that stress going on around you. Have you tried meditation? My sister just sent me a link about the physiology behind why meditation works to relieve stress. What good books are you reading?

(Now I'm starting to feel like the Wizard of Oz - you've had the power all along, you just have to use it)!

Sweet Ava - CONGRATULATIONS to you, my sweet friend. So excited for that big number. 200. How amazing is that?!

I am wishing all of us great success. Hang on tight to the wise nest mums here - they really know what they're doing.

xo
                            Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya, Nest:

xo
                              Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry that posted three times, and now it won't delete!

Comment

Working...
                                X