Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, Sorry about your friend. Yes, I totally agree, We have to Stay Quit, no matter what!

Rahul, I loved your post and totally agree, AL is poison. It will kill us eventually if we use it. That is amazing how you are enjoying Goa like you are. I feel like I was there!
    Noticing water droplets on leaves and fresh flowers, NICE! Can you imagine if you were drinking? You would be bleary eyed and not able to enjoy any of the beautiful things you are seeing through sober eyes. That is so inspiring
    Monsoon in India, perfect. I was there as a kid during Monsoon in Punjab. Not as beautiful as Goa but I get what it is like to be there.

Keep on enjoying your wonderful sober vacation.

Daisy, it is awful how many people we lose to this disease. Lets make sure that we are not next. We have the power!

xo
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

I see DD has checked in to Roll-call - 50 days today! Congratulations DD and hope all is well!
      IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
      Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great going DD!! Congratulations on 50 days!! We are all thinking of you :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

wagmore;1673507 wrote: Byrdie
          Thank you for sharing this very personal and heart-wrenching story. It really is a good reminder for us all to embrace life because we never truly know when the rug might get yanked out from under us. We all face enough challenges in this life - why add to the mix by poisoning ourselves with AL on top of everything else?

Sending love and optimism to you and your friend. :l :h
          Sorry about your Mom, Wag, but that is such a wonderful tribute to her. And I really like what you said here. Embracing life because we don't know how long we'll be here. Why not live it as healthy as we can and enjoy what blessings we have. Great post!
          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul,
            Great post! Thank you for reminding us to enjoy the beauty of the present moment.

DD, hope you're recovering well!
            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Juj big hugs to you girl for saying NO to al, that is a sure sign that you are well on your way to being af forever. With all the stress that you have had to deal with it is a wonder your head is not fully in the bottle, i know when i split with my ex (very needy like yours) my head was in their permanently and i know i would have dealt with it better if i was sober. Be proud of everyday you achieve AF and you will achieve the end result of being sober. I hope your ex finds another woman as then he so wont be needy, mine met my ex best friend and now they are together. Two needy people happy together.

DD a big congratulations on your 50 that is a huge achievement and to do it with dignity and strength with all you are going through is wonderful. I for one am really really proud of you.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Checking in. Hope everyone is safe and cozy tonight. Stay strong!!
                Byrdie
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I hesitate to post, as I have not stuck to my taper down plan twice now - was too ashamed to say that yesterday (haven't backtracked, either, just maintaining at the same level - so small victory, maybe?). Feeling really down tonight. My marriage is falling apart because of my past drunken stupidity. I hope I can still change that. Who knows? I only know I can change me if I really try hard enough. I hope you're all doing well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lost,
                    How much are you drinking for your taper? Is there a way that you can go get a medical detox? If it's not too much, I think you can just go cold turkey, but I don't know how much you're drinking. I know many of us who were drinking well over a bottle of wine and into two bottles per night just went cold turkey, and what we experienced were lots of sweats, headaches, and that's about it. Maybe some shakiness. But if you feel you may be further along than that, perhaps a doctor can help with this process. If you're on your own with this, not sticking to the taper plan may happen again and again. Now we have to figure out what will get you to that day one safely. Any thoughts?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Another long & busy day around the thread & for me as well!

DD, Congrats on your 50 AF days! Hope you can check in with us soon

Juja, I am sorry about your personal situation. Staying AF thru this is the best idea. You need to be thinking clearly & to take the best care of yourself.

Lost, what's going on? What is keeps throwing you off your taper plan? How can/what can you do differently? We all understand the fear of quitting, please be safe.

Byrdie, glad you are back home

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, all:

Byrdie, just saw that post - so sorry about your friend. Hugs to you...

Way to go, DD - day 50 is great! So much better than being drunk.

I am checking in late on day 200! I truly can't believe I've been sober for 200 days in a row. A testament to One Day at a Time, for sure.

Must go to sleep now so I can't read back - happy Sober Thursday.

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, good morning Nesters & happy Friday

CONGRATS on 200 AF days Pav :wd:
                          It just keep getting better & better!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Can I join?

I need to join this group. Have been looking at this site for a long time. Have had quite a lot of success, the longest amount of SF time I had was 9 months, until I fell off the wagon. You all know what happens then. Feeling pretty rough as last weekend after a drinking session I sent a really stupid email to a family member, who has now ostracised me. My own fault, I acknowledge that, but my week has been full of shame and anxiety. I need to address my drinking problems. I already know I can do it as I've had periods of success. But I desperately need permanent sobriety now. I have read so many uplifting stories on here, that I feel I need support. Thank you all.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

cupcake, :welcome: Yep, we all know your story, so join us, won't you? You're not alone, and this is an excellent place to help you find your way. Btw, 9 months is fantastic. No one can take that away from you.
                              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pav, congratulations! Look what you've done!

Lost, don't ever feel to ashamed to come here and tell us about your struggles. That's why the nest exists. If we weren't honest, we wouldn't get the correct advice and support we need to beat this. I don't know anything about having to taper, so listen to the wise ones who know.:l

My goal today is to turn right instead of left when leaving work tonight. I want to go be up early tomorrow to go to an antique auction, and I want to feel happy and strong. That's my plan for today.

Love and strength.....
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X