Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's a good morning. I went to bed last night, and realized I was happy because I wasn't buzzed. Awoke this a.m. feeling good, and mildly optimistic about my life.

Dila> you with me on Day 2?

Petrel and lost> So we're in marriage dissolution together.... Any advice is welcome. I cleaned my apt, and watched the World Cup yesterday, hoping to be diverted from my funk. Both helped my mood, but the heaviness lingered. I think I know what I want now, and I don't know that it's possible. I want it both ways: to end my marriage, yet be friends. I thought that was what we agreed to accomplish through counseling, but my husband keeps throwing curve balls. Regardless, AL won't help with clear thinking or dealing with grief. As Byrdie says, we have to clean up our own houses to be able to deal with the rest of life.

j-vo>Your husband is a keeper. He sounds so loving and supportive. I'm glad you made it through a tough weekend.

Lost> I would never tell you to stfu. No one will. We all do. Just because you are an alcoholic doesn't me you don't have wisdom to share. Also, keep us informed about your tapering progress, and how you're feeling.

Wag>When my maternal grandmother died, our family began to disintegrate, as Lost pointed out. The disintegration continued after my mother had her strokes. It was a domino effect, but my siblings and I are working hard to maintain our relationship. I hope you can do the same with your family. I'm sure we left out someone in the communicating of our loss, but it wasn't intentional. Don't nurse the hurt, and don't drink to it. I'm counting on you.

Cherokeer>You're asking all the right questions. I can tell you're determined as hell. Keep it up.

Hi, Pav, Rahul, Lav, Byrdie, Cupcake, Eloise, and everyone else. Sure want to hear from DD. Where's Jane?
    "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lostinspace! Edit alert!:upset:

I failed delete the sentence "We all do," in my previous post. It went with another sentence I deleted that said, "If we told you to stfu, you'd leave and I want you to stay. We all do."

Don't stfu!
      "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning check in.
        Great posts overnight, as usual. The night shift has it going on!! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters,

Back Home ... Another feather in the hat ... Sober vacation ! The word sober has such a boring and non cool feeling go it ... I wonder if there are more cools words to describe our state of mind now ... So search for synonyms (Sober Synonyms, Sober Antonyms | Thesaurus.com)

Calm : hmmm ... Definately ....Ok I actually quite exited !!
          Restrained : No fuckin way ... On the contrary I feel free.
          Abstaining : Yes from AL but not from life !!
          Controlled : hmm ...

So anyone has a better and more positive word for being sober ??
          Rahul
          --------------------------------------------
          Rewiring my brain ... done ...
          Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
          Rebooting ... done ...
          Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

I mostly feel Free, Rahul. I'm still not happy-go-lucky and tend to be a rather sober ("having or showing a very serious attitude or quality") person. But at least I am no longer an otherwise serious person who feels compelled to orchestrate her entire life, no matter how inconvenient to herself or anyone else to acquire and consume alcohol every day. To be free of that could (almost) make me giddy .

Comment

Newbies Nest

A Big thank you

Evening all,
              This is just a message to post a big thank you to all who offered such support before I went into hospital. I had the mastectomy and reconstruction (implant). then after a few days went to brother's house. Sadly my body rejected the implant, an infection followed and for my health and well being it had to be removed.... so back I went more days in hospital. I'm not going to bother with another implant as I don't want any more surgery. Now am gearing up for chemo which will start in about three weeks.
              Tired now but tomorrow I look forward to catching up with all the posts on here, very happy to be home finally!! xxx
              New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1675032 wrote: Hello Nesters,

Back Home ... Another feather in the hat ... Sober vacation ! The word sober has such a boring and non cool feeling go it ... I wonder if there are more cools words to describe our state of mind now ... So search for synonyms (Sober Synonyms, Sober Antonyms | Thesaurus.com)

The two words that describe how I feel AF are alive and present
                . By not drinking, I am no longer numbed out or simply existing. Sometimes it's wonderful, sometimes painful, but it is real life and I feel it in the moment that it's happening (and I remember it later).

Being AF helps me be alive and present, no matter what comes my way.
                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1675047 wrote: Evening all,
                  This is just a message to post a big thank you to all who offered such support before I went into hospital. I had the mastectomy and reconstruction (implant). then after a few days went to brother's house. Sadly my body rejected the implant, an infection followed and for my health and well being it had to be removed.... so back I went more days in hospital. I'm not going to bother with another implant as I don't want any more surgery. Now am gearing up for chemo which will start in about three weeks.
                  Tired now but tomorrow I look forward to catching up with all the posts on here, very happy to be home finally!! xxx
                  So happy to hear from you DD!!! Sorry that things turned out to be more challenging that you might have expected, but glad that you are doing better now. We have been rooting for you hard the whole time you've been gone. I don't think a day passed when one or more people didn't mention you, pray for you, ask about you, etc.

Be kind to yourself and take good care. You'll need the strength and energy for chemo, but we'll be here to help and support. Never ever doubt, you are not alone.

:h :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to hear from you DD! Will continue prayers for you!
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Newest newbie?

Hi.....new here. Just started day one today after taking Antabuse last evening.:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Sixcat!
                        DD, so good to hear from you......sorry you had those problems....hope you are recovering well.......
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, so good to see you. First things first, getting yourself well! I hope you are feeling better and getting stronger each day. We will continue to keep you close in our thoughts and prayers.

Sixcat, welcome aboard! Your name implies that you are an cat lover?? We are glad you're here! Stay close, read and POST! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahulthesweet;1675032 wrote: Hello Nesters,

NORMAL!!!!!
                            Happy!
                            Peaceful!
                            Mature! Not as in old, as in I've outgrown getting stooopid.
                            Responsible!

Gosh, just one word doesn't describe it!! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Sixcat!!!

The nest is an excellent place. Settle right in - we're all in this together.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 2 - hanging in there...fighting the urge so hard not to have a drink.

DD - sending good thoughts that all will go well.

Comment

Working...
                                X