Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dila, remember to eat!!! It really helps! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, sounds like you've had a rough time. I think of you often, and hope things get a little easier for you.
      You had the power all along, my dear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD so glad you could check in and things went well, well except the hiccup. Congratulations on hitting the 50 days af mark also. Cant wait for things to settle down so we can hear from you again. Hugs girl xx

Hi Six and welcome to MWO, its a great place to get lots of support and wisdom to become af. I know without being on here constantly that i would not be where i am today.

Dil, the cravings are brutal sometimes but keep yourself busy and on here and as Byrd says eat and eat some more. watch some docos on youtube on alcoholism, they certainly open up your mind as to where you dont want to end up. Post like a lunatic if you have to, we dont mind at all. Its how i got to where i am and it does get easier eventually.

well my dog maddison has raised liver levels, i have tried to get her to stop drinking! they think its due to her epilepsy medication, her rotten teeth or maybe cancer. We will go the teeth fixing route at first and they can test for everything else later. She is my world but even if it is bad news i know i will not drink and fingers crossed she is fine. The good thing is when she was sick before and i was very stressed those thoughts of al fixing everything were at the fore of every thought. Now as time has gone on i will cope without al, i dont need al to make things right, when has ever?
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome Sixcat! You were here previously, right?
          Make yourself comfortable & let us know how you are doing.

DD, I'm sorry you had such a rough time - these things do happen. You have a lot of friends here & lots of prayers & positive thoughts coming your way. Take care :l

Ava, sorry about your doggie, they are such friends!
          Keep us informed & keep yourself safe as well.

Hello to everyone here today. Sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dila - Hang in there, an hour at a time if you have to. Post and read a lot here on MWO - it really helps! Congrats on your progress so far.

Ava
            - Sorry to hear that your pup is having some health issues. As a dog lover myself (hence the name and avatar), with a pup who is like my child, I can really relate to how hard it is when a pet is sick. Fingers and paws crossed on this end that everything turns out ok.

awprint: (not sure why only 3 toes, but you get the idea)
            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sober Synonyms...(a Language Arts teacher loves these kinds of games...hehe/LOL/haha!)

balanced
              relaxed
              happy
              calm
              silly
              giddy - oh no, thats NS!!!:H
              energetic - kind of, well after I'm lazy for a good while on the couch
              hungry

and some of these:

:nutso::happy::wow::alf::biteme: (sometimes I'm just pissy like that)
              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

j-vo;1675144 wrote: Sober Synonyms...(a Language Arts teacher loves these kinds of games...hehe/LOL/haha!)

balanced
                relaxed
                happy
                calm
                silly
                giddy - oh no, thats NS!!!:H
                energetic - kind of, well after I'm lazy for a good while on the couch
                hungry

and some of these:

Love these - all of them!!!
                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

j-vo;1675144 wrote: Sober Synonyms...(a Language Arts teacher loves these kinds of games...hehe/LOL/haha!)

and some of these:

Ah finally got my answer !!
                  Rahul
                  --------------------------------------------
                  Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                  Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                  Rebooting ... done ...
                  Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters,

I wanted to drop by today and share some thoughts with you. Today is my 95 AF day and I am very proud of myself and very happy.

I can?t begin to explain how amazing sober life is. I read your posts. People who are at my stage or even further and I know that some days are tough and sometimes the thoughts of why am I struggling with this and maybe I should quit the quit but these days or thoughts are really few comparing to the GOOD days when none of these thoughts even cross our mind. Sobriety can be boring at times and I am totally fine with it. When I look back at my drinking career I cannot remember any fun or happiness. It was constant suffering and pain day in and day out. I wasn't really living. I was breathing in and out and functioning but my mind (my brain) was in a constant fog and I could not see me, the real me there. It is like I was watching another person destroying my life and I was standing there and letting it all happen.

Alcohol is truly a destructive substance that got me addicted to it for so many years that I didn?t know any other way. All I did was consuming it (in secret) and passing out on my bed to only wake up hung over and start the ritual right after I got back home from work. That was the lie I was living.

I was isolating myself from the world and any social event just so I can sit at home and drink myself to oblivion. Even at rare times when I had to show my face in public it was for a short while. You see I was thinking about the ?lost? hours to drinking home alone.
                    I have done (still do) a lot of soul searching. Trying to understand how a rational person like me let this poison take over and control me and it?s tough to come up with the right answer. I am not sure there is even one. I now know the trigger and I know what made the problem escalate (it was my father?s passing).

I am writing this post with a hope that it will help someone here to continue to fight the fight and never give up. I would take boring any day of the week over being drunk and stupid and irrational and over dramatic and freaking crazy.

There is nothing in that drink. Nothing at all but a big fat lie and I am done lying to myself. I am sober and it feels so amazing. I can do anything I want and can accomplish any goal I have. I am no longer controlled by a disgusting liquid that made me hate myself and break promises of ?I?ll never drink again? over and over and over again. All I do these days is real. It feels real and it?s being rationalized by a functioning mind I had lost in the past to AL.

I hope you get what I am saying. I hope you know that every passing AF day is a gift we give ourselves. I feel blessed for being sober. I feel ?clean? in so many levels. I wanted to thank you for reading my post and for being here. MWO is an incredible tool and my life savior. A personal thank you to Byrdie. You are my rock dear lady and I thank you for being here every day and sheltering us newbies. You are an amazing person and I admire you for your ongoing support.:l

I love you all and I wish you all the power to never give up the fight and accept that the tougher days are a part of this journey but brighter and happier days will always follow. Life is too precious to live with this horrible addiction and we all deserve happiness. We all deserve the freedom to control the way we live and we are stronger than any liquid in a bottle.:h:h:h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,

I am here! Wish I could respond to everyone right now, but I can't. Honestly,this post will be about me (yet again) :rolleyes.

I am dealing with some potential med issues that has my anxiety level at the roof. I have an appt with a GP tomr to help with what I'm dealing with, but I did want to just check in. Maybe tomr after seeing Dr. I can respond more appropriately to everyone.

Love to you all,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for that post LuckyFlower . I have been in one of those Blah days when you wonder if the quit is worth the reward , but it takes time , I suppose nothing worthwhile comes in an instant . BND
                        Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
                        Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky what a lovely post and one i wholeheartedly agree with. I love being sober and it gets better as time goes on. I never want to be held prisoner to al every again and i will protect my quit with my life. I am happy, my family are happy, my life is just happier. As we know the first few weeks are pure crap to deal with al withdrawal, but get past the initial stages and being af gets better and better. Whats a few weeks of withdrawing compared to the life that we lived for years and years. Congratulations on your upcoming 100 days, you deserve every single day.

Thanks lav for your thoughts and Wag, i am sure she will be fine, i cant stress myself out with what i dont know is wrong with her. she is happy and content to what she was when she was previously sick and i will deal with her liver problems when the time comes. Wag she is my baby girl and i love her dearly even though she is costing me a packet, she is more than worth the unconditional love that she gives to me.
                          AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Luckyflower! I hope to be where you are today as well one day quite soon.

Peace!
                            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Great job Luckyflower
                              I am very happy to see you meeting your goals & more! Life is good without AL!!!

BND, hang in there - some days are just crappy for all of us & no excuse to drink. Do something nice for yourself, keep your thoughts positive

Greetings Eloise, hope all is going well with you!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Tuesday!
                              I am watching my grandsons again today & my daughter & granddaughter will be visiting as well - oh boy!!!!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning.

I need to have MWO attached to my hip. :upset: I wonder if there's an app for that?

DD>So very good to see you. Thank you for checking in. We've missed you, and were very concerned about you.

Sarah>I hope you're okay....

Dila>Good going on day 2. Afraid I didn't make it--too nervous. I have to wonder why I'm here....

Loving, wonderful words in the nest, as usual.
                                "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Working...
                                X