Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

So far so good... hey maybe this positive thinking actually works....
    I finally got it!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Lavende, what a warm :welcome: I know i will be calling on you. runningwind
      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

This is my Day 6 and another hard one. My brain is telling me just one drink and I will not be so stressed out. I know it's not true! Actually cancelled a dinner with friends because I am afraid I'll have that glass of wine. I feel like I am wimping out, but my will power is stretched to the max right now.

Anyone read/listen to Jane Valez-Mitchell's book "I Want" and if so your thoughts?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippie Chick, thank-you for that welcome and reassurance. Hey what about my Avatar?.. :H :thanks: again. runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi KB, Norac, Molly

Byrdlady - glad your pain is managable. Will you be doing physical therapy for rehab?

Welcome Coco-Nut, Runningwind! Ask any questions and read a lot in the various forums. Everybody here has gone through the same stuff is some way, shape of form. Nobody judges - everyone helps.

Violet70 - everyone is scared at first. It is normal. You just need to realize that you have to get used to life, and normal feelings, because we've been numbing everything for so long. After a little while you'll realize that numb really doesn't feel that good, and life doesn't feel that bad. The amazing thing that I've found about MWO is nobody can believe how far they can make it here. Keep it going.

Spam - report to yourself when hubby is gone. You will feel great knowing that you can choose how to live your life - and don't have to live it around al. sounds like you have enough fun to keep you busy.

Hi Mazzie. Great that you're having an af day off planned. It is eye opening to consider how much time we wasted; but can't get it back - we can only use the past to help figure out the best thing to do next.

Yeah Hippy, those are some happy thoughts. Maybe the amoryn has kicked in.

Hi FarmGirl. Way to go on 6 days! It does make sense sometimes to avoid problem situations. It won't be long before you'll feel more comfortable around others.

Hi Lav!

Take care all.
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all having a 'good' friday.. I'm on Day 9!! :yay:
              or 1 day of AL out of 23.. feeling good..

Hope everyone has lots of plans for the w/e to take your minds of AL.. i'm working tomorrow but not sure what to do on Sunday yet.. maybe go to the cinema again!
              K x
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Just seeing what's going on. Would have to say the fancies are creeping up to mild cravings. Just that Friday night feeling I suppose. It's been a busy week and the usual reaction would be to have a drink and unwind. Better crack open the Coke Zero.

However it's now time to cook dinner and then catch up on some TV of my choice. Girly programmes here we come! Hope Gok Wan is on somewhere.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.

(I love Gok too Spam).

Nearly got thru the whole day with my new "positive thinking". Only bad thought I had was when I had finished my work, I thought I should reward myself for getting thru the day without thinking about drinking!! How bizarre is that. The sad thing is two months ago I would have rewarded myself for finishing work in just that way. But it wouldnt have stopped with just one...

Another test tonight. Going out to a new Tapas bar with some good friends I havent seen since I stopped. But I have come this far, not going to give in now.

Hope everyone else is getting thru Friday and gets to Monday AF.

Take care.
                  Hippy
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

i havent worked for about a year now (job situation here pretty bad) but i still get that friday/weekend feeling about AL. wierd, it must be so ingrained in my head, just like all the other triggers. think theres a lot about mind over matter (or should i say booze). any way its friday, yippee a chance for another AF day
                    Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                    Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

keep hearing about amoryn. what is it and what is it for (i know i could research on the net but i would rather hear from people sailing the same boat as me). as for weekends, im not working at the moment but i remember how pissed off i always was on mondays.... with a hangover of course, at how i had wasted my precious days off work.. still did it all again next weekend. selective memory choose to forget or not listen to sensible head x
                      Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                      Keep passing the open windows

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Friday Morning/ Night all
                        Spam...Ube strong,,,,you are inspiring me right now.
                        Bravo KatieB!!!!
                        Doggy's message in the BLAH section is so inspiring....go read it...it reallyt helped me
                        Guess what new family...." I DON'T DRINK"......
                        new mantra
                        SMooches from chilly florida!!
                        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it through Day 2 - YAY

But how in the fladoodle do we get through Friday and Saturday night!!!!!!!

(I bought a good book - that it helps!)
                          Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Every 1

just so say hello and im so glad i found this place Have been a/f since monday now and am feeling positive .Have got this far before many times ,once actually went 10 months a/f and made common mistake of thinking hey im cured now ! .Took me a few months to get back to where i was before and worse so i have found the hard way that i need to quit forever . I have never had any help as such before and im hoping sharing experiences with others in same boat will help me stay on track :l .I also hope i can help others as i know its a lonely road when none of your freinds /loved ones understand and all you hear is "well stop drinking if its a problem" ,and although i know only i can change myself it will be great to have some support :l
                            :new: AF SINCE 1ST MARCH 10

Theres no such thing as alohol -wasm -only alocohol -ism :l

(BEECHY COLCLOUCH )

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Another sunny morning - love it

Violet, congrats on your 6 AF days, you are getting stronger & stronger!

Greetings HC & Spam! Happy thoughts become habits.......keep em coming! OK, I have to you you both:
                              what/who is Gok Wan????

Farm Girl, congrats to you on your 6 AF days! I didn't go anywhere or do anything myself for the first few months. But you will find yourself feeling stronger in time, hang in there

Greetings runningwind & my buddy Tranq, hope you have a great day!

KatieB, you have an awesome quit going - congrats on your 9 AF days!

Coco-nut, congrats to you as well! The first 3 days are the hardest really but you are just about there - keep going

Spuddleduck, Amoryn is an herbal mood stabilizer, works great with no side effects. I've been on it over a year now, made a huge difference for me. I wrote to the company that manufactures it yesterday & they sent me info on how to order Amoryn if you are in the UK or Australia. Just PM me if you want that info. Here's the website:
                              AMORYN Mood Booster | Natural Antidepressant | Supplement for Depression & Anxiety

OK everyone - wishing you a great AF Friday. Let's get those weekend plans in place
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have started taking htp5 supplement as its supposed to kelp with the carb cravings you can get from alcohol withdrawal and help you relax , i was wondering if any1 else has tried it and if it worked for them
                                :new: AF SINCE 1ST MARCH 10

Theres no such thing as alohol -wasm -only alocohol -ism :l

(BEECHY COLCLOUCH )

Comment

Working...
                                X