Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Chero congratulations on your 30 days, thats huge and i know when i hit my 30 days i could not stop smiling, just realising that i had done it and then realising that i wanted to keep going. You have put in the hard work by being on here daily and for being accountable, i for one am very very proud of your 30 days. I'll drink to that, coke zero of course. i was wondering who soapstone was lol, good ole Soap.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Cherokeer, I'm so looking forward to reaching that milestone
      Thanks for the welcome!

Xx
      Determined to live life to the fullest, from this day forward!
      28/06/2014 :l
      (27/07/2014 - 30 days AF)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer;1676686 wrote: Well friends, today is my first 30 days. WOO HOO!!!! 30 whole days without AL. I never thought I could go 3 days, I really really didn't. I went back and read my day one post and I was so broken and raw. It made my eyes water how truly at rock bottom I was.
        Congrats on your first 30 days Cherokeer!!! You sound happy and proud, and you definitely should be! Going back to read early posts is probably a good idea for many of us, especially if we lose sight of how bad things truly were, how far we'd fallen, but also how far we've come. Also, your plan for the party day sounds awesome - good job thinking ahead and setting yourself up to succeed.
        Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, All!
          Cherokeer, on behalf of the NN, I hope you will accept this small token of a big job! Your HAT!!
          :goodtime:

This goal is the one we all seem to have when we get here...to be honest, not everyone makes it. It takes a solid plan, grit, determination, and a little help from your friends! We are proud that you not only took a wing when you needed it, but you extended one when you had strength to give. You are a star!! Keep shining, and don't quit your quit for anybody!! WELL DONE! Would you have a few words as to how you did it? What worked, what didn't? Those first 30 are as tough as they get, any words of wisdom welcome!

Climb aboard, Living!! So glad you are here, if you are traveling thru the Tool Box then you are making all the right moves. All you gotta do is get thru this day!

DD, you have a license to be sore and stiff all over, you had major surgery! Imagine the musculature that was disrupted, it will take time to get back to your jumping hurdles again! But anyone would be going thru pain at this point! I imagine it does hurt to try and straighten up, which then makes your back ache like the dickens. It's all connected. Wishing you a better day today!!! Strength and peace to you.

Hope everyone is getting ready for a nice, relaxing weekend! I plan to catch up on sitting down!

Where is Soapstone, anyway? Hehehehe.....Hope everyone has an easy day! Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Living Life, welcome......just concentrate on today...the good feeling is in the morning, and then you will do another day....it seems daunting in the beginning but each AF day is a gift.
            DD, thinking of you.....what a great attitude you have.....that's the way to do it!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer, well done on 30 days!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Available, I have a big stupid grin on my face. You know what's weird? I was reading back and I had forgotten that I had had the Hobbs put all my wine glasses in the haunted basement. I forgot I even ever had them. Out of sight is really out of mind. Cool, now onto my 60 days. (bigger grin) LOL

You can do it LL, it's just one day at a time. Don't think about next week, next month, that can seem overwhelming. Just think about what to do today. If you need to distract yourself by sleeping or eating ice cream in bed all day watching TV, or walking a few miles in the woods do it. Do whatever it is today to take care of you to get you through today. My first day I was a crying mess. I was so disgusted, ashamed, broken. All I could do was sit with my head in my hands and cry. How had I gotten to this place. How had I become this person who lied, hid, and manipulated everything in order to drink. The only difference between me and the desperate homeless person shaking to get that bottle to their lips was I that had the mask of an expensive suit. I cried out to God, "Please, I want to want to not drink, so bad. Please help me". I was so broken. Now it's 30 days later and I am so happy and optimistic about my future. Glad that I am living my life AF. I'm losing weight, looking younger. My husband keeps telling me I'm so pretty. I'm sorry I ever took that first drink. I know I can't ever take another and that's okay. Nothing good ever comes from drinking poison anyway. There are now lots of firsts. First time doing things sober and first time remembering what actually happened. First time not being ashamed of my behavior. First time in a couple of years I've had the energy to do the things I am doing now. Hang in there LL. It's so worth it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for my hat Birdie!!! I'm so freaking proud of myself!! I'm goofy with it.

Daisy and Wag- Thank you Thank you. I can not stop grinning today.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Brydlady and Daisy45, thanks so much for the kind welcome. It really means a lot
                    Cherokeer, thank you for the kind advice, I can't imagine how great it must feel to get to that 30 day mark... I'm excited already!
                    I'm off to devise my 'plan' with the help of the toolbox now

Xx
                    Determined to live life to the fullest, from this day forward!
                    28/06/2014 :l
                    (27/07/2014 - 30 days AF)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Cherokeer - onto the next 30

Just checking in - a quiet night in watching the footy and researching for work. Trying not to keep myself preoccupied for the sake of it, but rather now (this time around) trying to look at the process of why I drink and then excessively. This is where I believe meditation can be so helpful.

I had a few options to go out this week (always pub related), but quite bluntly turned the offers down. Normally I would feel bad about turning options down, but there is no need to explain myself. Sometimes you've gotta do what feels right in your heart.

Hope everyone stays strong this Saturday night and wakes up fresh tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

I posted a few days ago sharing some thoughts on my 95th AF day.
                        I am celebrating my 100 AF today (for the second and last time, I believe)
                        Last relapse occurred after day 120.

So Byrdie, here I am coming to collect my ?award?? where the true reward is being sober and gifting myself for the last 100 days with a clear mind and conscious.

I thank you all for helping me get to where I am. I am sending you all strength. AF life and sobriety is real and profound. I know how hard the battle is but please never give up the fight. I always relate to what Byrdie says about the sober switch of living in color as opposed to living in black and white.:thanks::h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lucky Flower, it is our distinct pleasure to give you this award! It's The Bird!!!
                          :finger:

This is for flipping off Al for 100 big days!!! Tell AL "I have Up'd my standards so UP YOURS!" Wow, I am so happy and proud of you!! Living life in color is worth it, isnt it? I will be proud to see you back in 20 days when you break your former record!!! GREAT JOB!!! Much love and admiration, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cherokeer;1676729 wrote: Thanks for my hat Birdie!!! I'm so freaking proud of myself!! I'm goofy with it.

Daisy and Wag- Thank you Thank you. I can not stop grinning today.
                            A big congratulations to you Cherokeer!!! So happy for you!!!
                            Sam
                            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luckyflower, just bloody brilliant work! I know what you mean about passing your personal goal - I reckon you've got it in the bag! Relish today - you so deserve it, and make sure you keep checking in so we can celebrate with you on 18th July!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome job Luckyflower!!! 100 days is excellent, and 120 will be even better. To infinity and beyond!!!
                                Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Working...
                                X