X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Mrs Poodles,

Welcome to MWO, this is a good place!
    Congrats on your AF time, sounds like you you have have a good start!
    Please find yourself a comfy twig & make yourself comfy in the Nest!

Wishing you the best!
    Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone!

Made it fairly easily through the rest of day 5 after my little blow up... now on to day 6! Beautiful Sunny day. I am off to work 12+ hours, making Friday a bit easier. Am supposed to work 12 overnight tomorrow and am on call overnight Sunday -- so I have covered myself well for the weekend.

Funny -- I keep hearing about carb craving with the alcohol withdrawal, but I have just the opposite. Since I haven't been drinking I haven't been hungry. I used to crave and binge on carbs all day. Now I have to remind myself to eat! (A good thing as I had gained close to 30 pounds these last 4 years...) Down 12 already just from shedding the bloat. Thank God!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/im...ies/thanks.gif for all of the support!
      Good to see some fellow fresh faces here as well!

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon everyone! It's great to see so many happy post today. Everyone have a great weekend! :besafe: runningwind
        The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome:Mrs Poodles, I'am looking forward getting to know you. This is a great place to be! runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut, I find you have to be aware of your triggers and if you feel one start up, leave that situation and start doing something your passionate about. runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

That is great Mama Bear! I like your new signature. runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Getting through the weekend

Yikes, arriving home from work is the trigger! I must find something tasty to drink as a substitute for chardonnay or cosmos. Does anyone have an opinion about non-alc wine? I guess my feeling is that is trying to trick yourself into believing you are really drinking wine, so what is the point?
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut, than what is a passion of yours? Paranormal investigations, gardening,ect. Think about it. There is a drink that I like though. It's called "Purple Drink" and also "Lean". What it has in it ,is Melotonin and it relaxes you. Just make sure it is'nt a trigger for you! It dosn't trigger me but we are all different.:fingers:maybe it will help you. runningwind :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fooling yourself...

Is important in the right way. The non-al wine has like 35 gms of sugar and a bizillion calories and it tastes like syrup. Don't waste your time or $$! Here's what I do, I put my diet coke in a wine glass with a stirry stick. Makes me feel like I'm going thru the motions but without the booze. Hey whatever works... good luck sweetie!
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody

Just checking in. Starting day 7 today and being Saturday is hardest day. But I'll be OK. I have to do this. I want to do this.

Coco, I wouldn't bother with the non al wine really. Some of this whole scenario of drinking is that reaching for the al is a habit. Breaking that habit is difficult too but once it is recognised as such you can retrain yourself to do something different. Instead of being stuck in that al habit, you now have choices, lovely choices. Freedom to make choices.

Best wishes to all for a al free Saturday or is it Friday night?
                      Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stilll Friday evening for me Mazzie!!
                        Wishing you the best for an AF weekend! Just think how fantastic you'll feel come Monday morning

Violet - you are doing just great, I'm very happy for you! Great to have the entire weekend covered, you'll breeze thru.

runningwind, you are on pretty solid ground too I think - great

Coco-nut, personally I've stayed away from the non-AL wine, etc. Somehow it just doesn't interest me - go figure! I've renewed my love for tasty herbal teas (hot & cold). I gave up soda 10 years ago but Diet Coke in a wineglass like Byrdlady mentioned sounds pretty good

I'm sitting with my feet up already, put in a full day watching my 15 month ld grandson - I'm tired now!!
                        Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest - leaving the night light on.

Hitting 50 degrees here tomorrow Tranq!! Golf anyone??
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.

Mrs Poodles - welcome. You have wise words and what you said makes so much sense.

KatieB - well done with your AF time. You know you can doit.

Spuddle - I have bought Amoryn off the net from New Zealand and have just started using it. From what I can gather it is a very strong derivative of Hypericum (St Johns Wort) which is a natural anti depressant. I didnt want to go back on anti depressants as I dont like the way they affect certain things. Will let you know how it goes.

Violet - well done on dropping that weight. I was hoping for the same however seem to eat alot more carbs now. I always chose wine over food so probably wasnt eating as much before. So will have to keep an eye on the scales....

Byrdlady - I agree with your suggestion for using nice glasses for soft drinks. I have always served soft drinks in lovely flutes for my mum as she doesnt drink and why should she miss out on the crystal?

Mazzie - keep at it. You are doing really well.

I survived another night out last night. We went out with some long time friends who luckily can take AL or leave it. I discovered an Italian sparkling mineral water that was sooooo tasty with ice and a slice. So will look for that again. So even nights out at restaurants and bars are getting easier although I seem to get tired early. I used to be able to go all night when I had wine in me....

Anyway stay strong today. Keep visiting us if you get that craving/urge.

Hip
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi nesters,

Wow - amazing how busy this place is when you've been away for a while. Haven't had much time to post in the last week - mom still in the hospital - sister and I are still taking care of my dad. Haven't been home since last Sunday night (except to grab a quick change of clothes). Missing my hubby and daughter but we all just do what we have to for our family - they are worth it.

Lots of newbies here - WONDERFUL! This place is such a great place and I am so grateful that I have found it.

Hope everyone stays strong throughout the weekend - it's so worth it!

Have a lovely evening everyone!

p.s. Lav - how's the snow melting up your way? Seems almost strange to see grass again - huh?
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone. So nice to see everyone here. As for me....a rough day so I was so grateful to read all the positive posts. I actually don't know why today was so rough - it is day 21 and I really was craving today. I don't know why. I am really upset with my Doctor because I have tried to get her to prescribe a higher dose of Topamax and all she will give me is 50 mg. It is frustrating. As I am typing this, I realized that I didn't take any of my Kudzu today and also I haven't been taking any of my L-Glutamine. Well - there you go! Thanks for helping me figure it out nesters. :H
                              I'm going to go have some L-Glutamine right now. Be right back.

Ok - I'm back. Welcome to all the new members........ You have come to a wonderful place. MWO is a great place and this nest is the place to be. We are going to get thru this together! Sometimes it is an hour at a time but we are going to get thru it.

So, I know that I'm supposed to be avoiding sugar but I am going crazy for sugar. What is going on with that? I downloaded the book and have just started it. Can anybody give me a quick reason for that. I mean I am seriously gone on a sugar frenzy. People at work have even commented on it.

Ok - enough of bending everyone's ear. Have a Happy AF night, morning, afternoon, evening.....wherever you may be.
                              :l:l:l
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all

Hi everyone

Hope everyone's ready for a great weekend.

Unfortunately my birthday didn't go as planned, altho MUCH better than last year-BUT I think the Campral must be working bc I didn't drink the next night, or the next or today.....I had about 8 days AF...and normally a slip /relapse would take at LEAST a month to come back from, and in the meantime it would be drinking ALL the time. I know for sure I need to excercise. So maybe the medicine-Campral+anxiety med- really is helping. Overall I have only drank 3 of last 20 or so days from 2 bottles of wine a day everyday-before work 3 glasses, after work the rest- so I'm trying to stay positive. My husband was upset with me but still pleased I did not go back immediately to heavy drinking as I have in the past.

So, now I'm off to meet a friend who is not a drinker at all at a party where there probably will be drinking. Im bringing cokes so I'm ready with my non al drink when I walk thru the door. I have a feeling knowing the type of people she hangs out with there will probably be several non drinkers so I would like to meet some people like that. Husband going out happy hour after work, I couldn't believe how bad booze smelled last time he came home from a bar when I was sober(he drinks once a week). I can't believe he put up with me! The smell when he got into bed was VERY strong and not good at all.

Toot a loo- MG29.
                                I ain't afraid of no ghost....

Comment

Working...
                                X