Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

It's great you've got that support at home. That will be the key to your success when you look back on it.

Walking + shakes + love = a new you in no time

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE everyone,

Momof3 - Glad to have you join us. Sounds like things are stressful for you right now - all the more reason to go AF so you can cope. I second the suggestions for exercise, good healthy food, and whatever sleep you can grab with young children. Hope to see you post day 2 tomorrow!

Daisy - Huge congrats on 60 days girl!!! Way to go! Many more milestones ahead, including your own personal goals. You can do it!

Kailey
      - Yay for your week AF! Such a difference from where you were just 7 short days ago! You sound strong - keep it up and protect your quit!

On my end, we had a brutal paddling practice last night to help prep for races this weekend. This morning, I feel a bit like I got hit by a bus. So great to have that feeling come from good hard exercise instead of a hangover or withdrawal.

Happy, feeling strong today...
      Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back, Momof3!!

Daisy!!! 60 days is wonderful! I'm very happy for you--
        and Kailey, well done on jumping back in and getting those 7 days under your belt!

How are you, DD??

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Daisy 2 months is great.:goodjob:
          :goodjob:Kailey 1 week is wonderful.
          New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fed up!
            New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Momof3, Welcome! Glad to have you here. I just wanted to say not to try and make too many changes right at first. Focus on no AL and eating healthy. Cutting out all the other things like Pepsi can wait until you've got some time under your belt. If you haven't done it yet. Make a plan. Go to the toolbox and read through it. Find what works for you. Having a plan saved me a number of times on this AF journey.

Kailey! Great job on getting that first week behind you.
              Daisy! 60 days.... Whoot whoot.
              Sarah, I don't know your story with your Mom but I feel for you. If you drink, your Mom wins. Show her you can do this thing for yourself that will change your life for the better.

Hope everyone has a fantastic AF MAE!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Message for Mein

I thought that link that you posted to the six year hangover blog was excellent, best blog I have ever read about being sober.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, I wish I were closer so I could help you out-- you have had to go through so much the past months and I'm sure you are feeling completely exhausted, to say the least. How did it go with the tests? :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not got the results of the tests yet. Will get them next week.
                    Going out tonight, first time in a month!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a wonderful time!! xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here's another great post from the blog Pav posted a link to yesterday.. "Are you sitting comfortably? It's time for a story" -- And Everything Afterwards | There was alcohol. Now there is everything afterwards | Page 5

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have a great night out DD :-)

Just checking in on a Friday night - not normally my problem night. I'm staying in tomorrow night as I've lined up an early start for a nice relaxing day out Sunday to keep me off the tiles.

Just starting to feel human again....6 days later. Boy, did I do some damage on Friday night/Saturday day time. Like it was going out of fashion.

Still feeling sub par as I've not slept well, not exercised and eaten too much junk this week. Looking forward to getting back on track Monday after a relaxing weekend.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lots of great stuff going on!

Londoner, so glad you're feeling better. I think the first week is the biggest challenge as I know how i felt getting al out of my system. The exercise and eating right now are just a bonus. A huge one.

MO3 I'm a beachbody girl, too! Shakeology! I love it. But for now i'm setting it aside as I'm working on a low carb diet and although one serviing is only 15 carbs I need to plan a bit more carefully in the beginning. Glad you're back to MWO.

DD, have a great night out!!!

Sarah, you have to stop the drinking to see any results. Take the plunge! You're not drinking that much, so just get rid of it all and replace with something good. I was drinking this skinny girl sparklers. Yum! There are so many good treats to drinks besides poisonous booze.
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters!

Can someone point me to the check-in desk? :new: It?s my first Day One in four years. My plan includes: posting/reading on MWO, taking Antabuse for a few months or a few years until I?m in the habit of sober living, working yoga, meditation, and better nutrition into my routine. I?m also helped by reading other sober blogs, forums, and listening to the Bubble Hour. The Rational Recovery website is a favorite, as well as Jason Vale?s approach in his book. And then there?s ice cream. 

I?ve been drinking daily for 30 years. I?m done. I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind.

Pie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pie,
                                This way to check in>>>>>
                                Let's see, we've got your name, your plan, now just settle in and find a comfortable twig and we'll get thru this day AF! Then tomorrow, we'll rinse and repeat! I have seen you around the boards and I'm so happy to see you here! We have lots of success in this little thread! I had about a 23 year love affair with AL. He was hard to shake, but hallelooya, I finally did it! I shoulda left his arse years ago, but I was blinded by all his rosy promises. NO MORE! We are so glad you're here! There is ALWAYS room for pie! Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X