Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Kailey 7 days, very proud of you and you are sounding so positive, you are a great member to have on the boards. Dont ever ever run away girl and the days will keep on getting higher and higher.

Daisy wow is all i can say, i remember when you came on here again and it does not seem like that long ago. I am so proud of how far you have come and your positiveness to giving al the arse. Hugs and more hugs.

London i am so glad you are staying in this weekend, i think if you were my son, i would lock you in a cupboard for a few weeks and keep the key in a safe place but you are sounding good, keep on here. You can do this.

Welcome Mom and Pie. Byrd has checked you in so now you need to check in daily, twice daily if necessary. Doing this for me was a huge part of keeping sober, to be accountable on here, to not run away when i felt like a drink and to be honest. We need support and you could not get better support than on here. Those cravings/urges for al will hit you like a brick and out of the blue, al wants to win and al will do anything to get you to drink so please post on here and tell us. Remember there is strength in numbers.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great Night Out

It's 12.30am and I've just got in from a great works night out, it really was a lot of fun!!Lovely to laugh and chat with everyone, I have missed them very much over these last two months. I feel more exhausted than ever now, the music was very loud so I had to shout to talk, did quite a lot of talking outside for that reason.... everyone was so lovely, it was fun to chat about work and their lives and not think of hospitals etc. Also it was fun glamming up with jewels makeup, lovely clothes. Amazingly everyone said how well I looked. Dressing up to the nines did help me feel good on the inside too. Too tired to dance but enjoyed watching those that did!
      New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD maybe what the dr didnt order for you. So glad you had a lovely night and its the little things in life that make it all worthwhile. Big hugs from Aus and i bet you looked beautiful.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

So great to hear you went out and had a good time DD - wonderful news! I'm so glad you got to do that!

Mom of three - I always thought I didn't want my kids to have memories of me always drinking. Well, they are 13 and 15 now and I only recently finally stopped - I regret not doing it sooner - I hope you can it is really worth it and you will be so glad you did! Stick around here and read and post it will truly help you more than you can know. It is hard but you get through it and it really gets easier and easier and that habit is no longer your habit - the habit is now NOT drinking. I never thought it could happen but it did for me and it can for you!

Everyone else - hello glad to see you - looking forward to some good reading from the blog links that folks have posted. Have a great weekend everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, so glad you had a great night! You needed that release!
            Thank you all for the congrats today and all your help and support! Go Newbies!
            IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
            Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back momof3 & Pie!
              Stick around & hang in to your plans

Congrats on 7 AF days Kailey :wd:

DD, great to hear you got out for a while! Glad you enjoyed yourself, hope you can get some rest now

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Hang on like your life depends on it because it does

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome back momof3 & Pie!
                Stick around & hang in to your plans

Congrats on 7 AF days Kailey :wd:

DD, great to hear you got out for a while! Glad you enjoyed yourself, hope you can get some rest now

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest! Hang on like your life depends on it because it does

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1681621 wrote: It's 12.30am and I've just got in from a great works night out, it really was a lot of fun!!Lovely to laugh and chat with everyone, I have missed them very much over these last two months. I feel more exhausted than ever now, the music was very loud so I had to shout to talk, did quite a lot of talking outside for that reason.... everyone was so lovely, it was fun to chat about work and their lives and not think of hospitals etc. Also it was fun glamming up with jewels makeup, lovely clothes. Amazingly everyone said how well I looked. Dressing up to the nines did help me feel good on the inside too. Too tired to dance but enjoyed watching those that did!
                  DD - I'm so thrilled to hear that you had such a fun night out! You totally deserved it. Hopefully this is the good kind of exhausted.
                  Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DD, so great to hear you had a perfect night out! You needed it!

Welcome Pie, glad you checked in, got your essentials like your twig and blankie, and agree with Ava, check in morning and night or whatever time of day fits your schedule. Write about anything and everything and you'll receive the support you need. Ask for help. Ask what you should do if you don't know. Like your plan.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good MAE (morning, afternoon, evening!), Nesters--
                      It happens to be 6:45 here and I'm happy to be up and early on a Saturday morning. Lately there aren't enough hours in the day!

DD, so happy to hear about your nice evening--getting all dressed up and meeting with people you haven't seen for a while sounds like a great time.

Pie, Welcome back!!:welcome: It sounds like you're serious about this and have a plan in place! I look forward to seeing posts from you at least twice a day! Like Ava said, it really works. Some days it can be a bit slow on the boards and you feel like you're talking to yourself-- doesn't matter! Just typing out how you're feeling, what you're struggling (or not) with helps!!

Momof3-- How are you feeling today? What are your plans for a Sat. with 3 kids-- how old are yours?

I've got 2 girls, 9 and 12 years old-- and so far, our plan is to just hang out. They've been at their dad's house for almost 2 weeks (we have joint custody) and this will be my first chance (again!) to remain AF when they are with me. I know I can do it! I know I will do it with the support of the people here and a STRONG determination. I will come here if I start to feel uncomfortable or stressed or anxious or panicked. I will reach into my Toolbox for alternatives.

I appreciate you all very much for having the courage to be here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings to all,
                        Hope everyone is having a lovely Saturday! This is the first day since my operation that I am not in lots of pain.... what a relief!!! it really is only discomfort now, at the moment. Also feel energised from last night, thinking back to what people were wearing/saying/doing it was really good fun . Now today is the day when I should do some work as have been putting it off since before surgery!! I do think being with people is healing and laughing too.
                        New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just had to get this out before I head to work.

Its finally hit me that I am an alcoholic with a drug problem. And I become a not so nice person in general when it controls me. Even though it might be only once a week or once ever 2-3 weeks that I do drink, I have a problem.

So no more false talks or listening to that voice. Its got to be stopped completely. No moderation.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1681778 wrote: I do think being with people is healing and laughing too.
                            DD - It is excellent to hear that you are feeling good and having at least somewhat less pain today. I absolutely agree - being with people and laughter can both be very healing.

Best to you...
                            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm up early but that's OK

DD, glad you are feeling better physically & emotionally too
                              Balance out the work time with some relaxation time today!

Greetings Wag & J-vo!
                              LC, enjoy time with your girls today! Show them how strong their Mom really is

Londoner, acceptance is a big step, glad you are beginning to see the light. Reshaping our lives is what it's all about! How do you see yourself in a year? In 5 years? We all need to set goals & take positive steps to meet those goals! AL & drugs have no place in a happy & fulfilled future.

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Saturday!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! Not a drop was touched, and nothing will be bought today as well.
                                LC, I have 2 under 2 and one who is 8! Today we're probably going to hit some yard sales, I'll unpack a few more boxes and we will pick up some fresh food and have a BBQ tonight when my husband comes home from work. I hope you have a great weekend with your kids! Everything is so much easier to handle when you're not cranky and moody from too much the night before. Today I'm feeling refreshed...had a thought about alcohol then kinda pushed it aside that I didn't need drinks tonight when I BBQ I can make some nice punch that the kids and I can all enjoy. My husband doesn't drink at all so I know he wont be bringing anything home because it's the weekend.
                                Happy to see everyone in better spirits today!

Comment

Working...
                                X