Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

Have enjoyed seeing bright sunshine all day......it's about time!!

Greetings Mama Bear, how's it going with you?

NoraC, I spent most of my career working weekends.........I'm not doing that anymore, kind of glad too I hope you enjoy your time with your nieces & nephew. Kids bring a special quality into your home, don't they? I'm enjoying my time so much with my grandson. He's learning to walk right now, it's hysterical!

Hi Joe, welcome to the Nest. Just find yourself a nice twig & hop on - we're glad you're here.
    Have you made your plan yet? If not take a look in the Tool box (located in the Monthly Abstinence section) for good ideas. Check in often with us, we're here to help out!

runningwind - there's no limit to the time you spend in the Nest! I've been here just over a year myself & haven't been kicked out yet Hope you are having a good day!

Take care all, I'll be back tonight.

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav,
      Since you and Doggy and so many others inspire me, when you MWO did you mess up some at first....or were you able to jump right in and not hit any bumps???
      Just curious.....
      I am fine,thanks for asking
      Glad we don't have to hop out of the nest.......
      Cheep,Cheep,Cheep...
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
        On Day 11 today.. it's my first day off work in a few days.. and some thoughts were going through my mind of going to buy some wine whilst my ex has my son.. but NO I do not want to do that! My ex will pick on me so much if when he brings back my son he can smell AL on me.. so I have decided to go to the cinema to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D!! - I will let you all know what it is like - I am a huge Johnny Depp fan (who isn't??!) I have followed his career from the beginning.. then im off to the library to get some books out on meditation - like most ppl on here, ive never learned another way to relax apart from with AL - but I don't want to turn to AL anymore..
        Time to give up the cigs too! I'm going to try hypnosis - a friend of mine said she will do this (she's licensed) for me half price..
        Take care all, and have a Happy Sunday!
        Love Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

:thanks: Lavende, I'am glad to hear that. It feels like a safety net here. Toodles, :illbeback: runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

A bit of a busy weekend here. Yes, Lav close to 50f here, but still too much snow on the ground to play golf. It's supposed to be just as warm tomorrow with rain, so a lot of the snow should be gone after that. I am heading south late next week for a golfing weekend, so looking forward to that.

HippyC, is the Italian mineral water called San Pellegrino? If so, it's one of my af faves too. I also like it with a splash of cran and twist of lime. Really refreshing.

Spam - enjoy your massage. It's a great way to treat yourself, and it is very grounding and obviously very relaxing. Enjoy! I do one every other week.

Hey RW, no time limit on being a nester - I've been around about six months just hanging out on my branch here. I kind of like it. Next year, fer sure we're flying south for the winter though!

Joe, welcome. Have you checked out the MWO book by Roberta Jewel (founder of this site)? There is a lot of good information about things that have helped a lot of people with this battle.

MG - you're doing great. Hello to everyone else - keep up the good work!

Take care all!
            tw
            Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Nest friends,

About ready to call it a day - it was a nice one

Mama Bear - Before I joined MWO last Feb. I tried many, many times to quit but it never lasted long. I wasn't seeing the 'whole picture', didn't prepare myself with a good plan. I took me a good month after joining to get myself ready to commit - but once I did, I stuck with it! I just decided that I wasn't ever going to let myself down again & so far I haven't
              That's why I keep telling newbies to make a good plan for themselves - something that will work for them. No one knows you better than yourself. Once you sit yourself down & do some honest soul searching you know what you need to do!

runninwind - the Nest does serve as a safety net! That was exactly what Pops (renewal) wanted when he started the thread - we appreciate it

KatieB, sounds like you made some good choices today - great progress, good for you!
              I tried hynosis to quit smoking a long time ago. Worked great for about 3-4 days then I caved. This time I joined www.quitnet.com
              Once again I learned the importance of making a plan (Commit lozenges), making a commitment & just doing it! It worked!!!!!!!

OK, have a good night/day all - the night light is on..........
              Hey Tranq - heading to 57 tomorrow, 59 on Monday - Woo Hoo!!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night mama bear, good night Lavende, good night TranqWilly, good night KatieB, good night Joes_full, good night NoraC and good night to all! Hey, it sounds like the Walton's,(I guess I gave my age away...opps!) I can't help it . It is so cozy here. See yall tomorrow,sleep well all. runningwind
                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night JohnBoy... oops Runningwind.... (showing my age too!).

Yes Tranq it is San Pellegrino. It is really good change from drinking soda water which gets a bit rich (?) after a while.... could drink bucket loads of red wine and not complain about how "rich" it got....
                  Hi Joe - sounds like you have found the right place to be. I have found so much support and good advice in this site. I just love it - it's my new addiction! Just ask us anything, someone is sure to have an answer or suggestion. We dont judge anyone as we have probably been where you have/are. There is no way I could have gotten sober for this long without MWO. Good luck with your journey.

It's a bit quiet in the nest today. Hopefully everyone is out enjoying a sober Sunday.

Hi Katie - keep it up. You really sound like you have turned a corner. Good onya. x

Well going to go and make a lovely cake for my kids to take to school tomorrow - if it lasts that long,
                  Take care.
                  Hippy
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone,
                    Had a lovely day today - went to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D - excellent movie.. then my ex bought my son back in the arvo and I made a lovely beef stroganoff..
                    I managed to go without AL - on to Day 12 tomorrow..
                    Thanks, HC.. I will keep on trying, though I will not let my guard down.. ive done stints AF before, only to fall of the wagon and go overboard.. so I have to be vigilant still..
                    Goodnight HC, runningwind, Lav, Spam, Tranq and mamabear, and to everyone else I have not mentioned.. be back tomorrow,
                    Katie

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

KatieB - You are sounding stronger by the day! I'm so pleased for you. Keep up the good work.

Well, this has been my first AF weekend in a LONG time...maybe nearly 10 years. Today, I went to a child's birthday party then took my son shopping for some new things for school camp. Spent the early evening labelling and packing. On our shopping trip, I also bought some L-glut and took it as soon as I have read some posts here.

It was a busy evening but I suddenly realised (long after the witching hour) that I hadn't thought about AL.

Few days free now and it's come to me that I will miss son alot. With all the activities planned he probably won't give me a second thought.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

Here's to an AF week.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good moning!

Sunny in this end of the nest again
                        Another day to watch snow melt - Yay!!!

Hope you are enjoying a good night's sleep HC, KatieB & Spam. Boy do I ever remember the Waltons.
                        Hard to believe that was 'entertaining TV' back in those days..........

Greetings runningwind & all to come today

Hope everyone has a rerrific AF Sunday, I'll be back later!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning to all. I'am so glad everyone remebers the Walton's. I'am in excellent company. I hope all of us have another productive day and I will be back this afternoon. Yall have a great Sunday. runningwind :beach:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!!!
                            Day 8 here and doing very well thank you. Yet another beautiful blue Sky in MI which is unheard of at this time of the year. Divine intervention I say. She knows I need some Vit. D and light therapy!!!!
                            Making it through the weekend ok. Got called off my night shift last night which stunk. Really wanted to just go home and have an ice cold IPA... Didn't.
                            Not feeling much support from hubby. But you know what? I don't think I need it this time. I think he would be more than happy to have me drinking again. So he could drink, too. He drinks, just not as much due to ataxia (long story I'll get into another time...) otherwise he'd be a worse drunk. I think he is scared to have me clean and sober because I might wake up and leave.
                            Glad to see everyone doing so well!
                            Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody

Just a quick check in today as I have an early start at work. Starting day 9 today and feeling quietly determined about no al. I had a good weekend af. Its good to remember everything.

Everyone sounds good in the nest. Keep it up all - its so worth it. We are so worth it.

Luv ya lots - gotta run
                              Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all,
                                Hi Lav.. I had a lovely sleep thank you!
                                Hi Runningwind..
                                Violet.. congrats on 8 days!! - where's MI?? Minnesota? im just guessing.. im in Oz, dont know all the US states.. no, you dont need hubby's support.. you can do this on your own and with us!
                                Mazzie - well done on getting through the weekend AF.. congrats..
                                I'm on Day 12 today! and its been almost a month (on wednesday) since I last "binged", so feeling great.. have a lovely day everyone.. im working all day, son is in childcare,
                                Katie xx

Comment

Working...
                                X