Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I know you already get this but I couldn't resist, if he keeps you sick , he dosen't have to deal with his own sickness. Thinking of you,Violet70, runningwind
    The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone.

Wow Runningwind - what a fantastic way to look at it! You are so right.

Hi Maz and Katie - you two really sound like you are determined this time. Well done. x

I had a bit of a "moment" last night. We went to our local for dinner and I had the strangest feeling that I was missing out on something. You know the feeling when you have forgotten something but cant think what. I knew what I was missing...... Then I started thinking if I have come this far maybe it is time to see if I can actually moderate. Its like I have had enough of being conscious and fully functioning and want some time out to be spaced out! I was even working out if I have a drink on an empty stomach the buzz will hit my brain quicker...
      I know this is just my addictive voice speaking. I need to remember I have spent the last few years trying to moderate unsuccessfully.
      I'm too frightened to actually pick up that first drink, so I think that fear will keep me sober. But I just wonder if I am going to feel like I am missing out for ever?!
      Time to refocus and renew my desire to remain AF.

Gotta go. Catchya tonight - have a good one.
      hippy
      I finally got it!
      "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy - I know what you mean..
        I have had some good times with AL, when I haven't gone overboard.. it can be fun, and a nice buzz.. however, we are all here for a reason.. we want to make positive changes to our lives! and most of us have tried to moderate before but it has not worked!
        I am also afraid by picking up the first glass, I will feel more and more confident I can control it.. but will sink back to my old ways and start binging again.. feeling hungover in the mornings and not being able to function properly.. it may also bring my depression back.. when i've been doing so well..
        Just write a list again of why you want to quit, and the negatives to what can happen if you do drink again.. i think I will do the same!
        Katie xx
        "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well guy's, it's that time again. Good night Lavende, goodnight Hippychick, good night Violet70, good night Mazzie, good night Spam and good night to all. Sleep well and may the true light, guide you all through this new week. God Bless you all,(or your higher power). runningwind
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening/morning Nesters - depending on your location

HC, KatieB - I have to tell you......The longer I remain AF, the easier it gets (for me). I honestly don't trust myself to attempt a glass of wine here or there. I just don't want to lose the self-control I found this past year & invite the crippling anxiety & depression back in my life - it's just NOT worth anything

Greetings Mazzie & runningwind - you guys are both doing well!

Violet, very glad to hear you have 8 AF days under your belt - good for you!
            Don't worry too much about the lack of support at home, believe me I understand it & know it's not really necessary. Come here for support - we're always around

I have had a very busy but good day so I'll wish everyone a safe & cozy night/day in the Nest.
            The night light is on for all who enter!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks HippyChick! I was hoping that was all right to say. runningwind

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nite all....
                had a long productive day and am going to bed sober and will not be hungover tomorrow!!!
                I want to stay awake for the Oscars,but eyelids are heavy:bedtime:
                I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters....I have tried to get on here since yesterday. Hard to do while babysitting. :H We had a wonderful weekend. We really enjoyed the kids but I am exhausted. I have had a backache for the past month. I'm going to have to go the chiropractor as soon as I get some money. That will straighten me out.

Lav - Glad that you enjoy your grandson. Isn't that a great age when they are learning to walk? That's really great that you got on this plan and just stuck with it. We all need to take a lesson from you.

Katie - Glad you enjoyed the movie. My nephew & his wife went to see it and they really enjoyed it too. They didn't get to see it in 3D though. Congrats on Day 12.

Spam - Congratulations on your AF weekend. :goodjob: I just remembered to start taking my L-Glutamine again and it really does help!

Hippy - Good job on resisting the drink. Some days are so rough and you got thru it! Good for you!

Runningwind - I'm another one that definitely remembers The Waltons.

Violet - Congrats on Day 8! Way to go! Glad that you aren't depending on your husbands support to stop drinking. That is awesome.

Mazzie - You are so right....it is good to remember everything. Congratulations on Day 9!

Mama Bear - Goodnight & glad you had a productive day and won't be hungover in the morning.

Tranq - Glad to know that it's ok to hang out in the nest with you & Lav forever. :H:

Sophie - Thanks for the info on the sugar. I have been watching it & did much better today. Not completely sugar free but at least it wasn't as compulsive.

Jolie - Hope things are going better and Mom and Dad get well. I have been in that situation before and I know how hard it is.

Marriedgirl, Spuddle, Chook - how are you all doing? Hope you all had a great weekend!!

Ok - time for this tired Aunt to go to bed. Goodnight or Good morning or Good afternoon wherever you may be.
                  "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                  AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone.

Violet - Interesting insights on your dear hubby. You should take some gratification from taking an upper hand being af. Nice to be in that position I'll bet.

Hippy and KB - You guys are smart not to try to mod. I'm really not liking al much anymore. My mod'ing has al hitting me harder, and yes I feel it the next day more than I had before. Even a couple drinks slows me down the following day. I'd rather be sober.

Hi MamaB - you sound peacful. Sleep tight - you can read about the oscars in the am.

NoraC - yes, hang around forever!

Good night from here.

Take care everyone!
                    tw
                    Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi and nite all..
                      Another successful AF day.. on to Day 13 tomorrow.. or 1 day of AL out of 27!!
                      Hope everyone is doing well.
                      Hi Norac - yes, 'Alice in Wonderland' was a real treat! I think i will make going to the movies a regular thing.. much better than drinking AL and wasting time being bored and lonely on my own at home (as my ex has our son on weekends).. at least I get out the house and around other people.. plus its fun to watch movies too.
                      Tranq - Thanks.. and I have tried moderation.. but it does not work for me.. I know the only way for my life to improve and not repeat mistakes of the past is to remain AF.. esp. with my tendency to depression..
                      Nite all; Lav, HC, runningwind, MB and to everyone else.. be back tomorrow,
                      Katie xx
                      "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Moring Nesters,

Another sunny morning here! Snow is still melting - some day it will be all gone

KatieB, keep doing what you have been doing..........you're doing great!!

OK, off to get my day going.
                        Wishing everyone a terrific Monday

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just wanted to share a "silly, hubby story" with you.

Before we start, let me sum up my husband. He is old school. He can take or leave AL, has a beer some nights and not others. In the 15 years we have been together, he has has 1 week off sick. I have never seen him take aspirin let alone prescription medication. The only time I have known him go to the doctors has been to accompany me or our son.

I have not told him I am here but I have told him I am "cutting back" for health / fitness reasons.

Anyway, he's away at the moment but we talk 2 -3 times a day. Son has gone away safely and happily to school camp and I am on my own.

During our lunch time conversation, I mentioned to hubby that I had had a sore throat for a few days, which I think will turn into a cold. His answer? "Why don't you have a nip of brandy or whisky - that will sort you out."

As if there is any such thing as a "nip" for us.

Aaah. How the minds of the non-addicted work.

Just carried on with water all day.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all!

Made it through the weekend - actually it was surprisingly easy. Went for a run, went ice skating with the kids, watched movies - read (and remembered what I had read!). Ate too much...

Coco
                            Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done, Coco.

Love your avatar.

Remember this feeling and take it through the week and into next weekend.

As you had a such a good weekend, can you start planning now for the next one?

I don't know how old your children are but can you get them to draw / write what they want to do with you next weekend?

Then put it on the fridge and look at it every day.

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all!
                                Katie -- MI is Michigan. Congrats on day 13! I am right on your tail, girl! Day 9 here! Thinking the movies sound pretty great myself. I really haven't gone to many over the years. They don't serve alcohol there! I could have a couple before -- but someone might smell it one me!!!! My friend would ask me to go with her freinds and I would always say know because I knew I would already be drinking by then...You know the sick thoughts...but yes -- movies are actually starting to sound fun!
                                Tranq --- YES!!! It is very nice to have the upper hand with the husband...he is the one that actually introduced the daily drinking to me...we had always gone out on weekends and sometimes during the week and drank alot, but the daily 1-2 that turned into 2-3 etc. was started by him. He bought 90% of it for me as well. In fact I was trashed when I met him! Hhhmmmm..... wonder where we will end up......
                                Spam --- a nip of whiskey will cure what ails ya!, eh??? gave me a giggle that one. Yes the non-addicted don't get it. I am a nurse and when ever we get a drunk in who has killed his liver or crashed a car or what ever -- those I work with who don't truely know addiction just can't empathize with the mindset of the disease. I come from a family of drunks. Everyone of us......

Anyway!!! Enough babble! It is a beautiful blue-sky day. Got some grocery shopping to do, another coat of paint on the upstairs hall, and perhaps I will actually take a walk. It is supposed to hit 50 today. Lovely....

Victoria

So nice to have a clearing head.....

Comment

Working...
                                X