Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You're the best, Pinecone :l
    So happy to be back, and very appreciative of the support. I have thought of you often!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper,

I have had a pretty bad relationship with my wife. I knows its because of my drinking. We both live in different world. The world I used to live was of booze. Now that's behind me I am working on rebeiling my relationship. First step as I see is being there. I am sure in times to come your relationship will improve with your husband.

Here I am in Seoul. Its a pretty big city and went out to have Korean food with one of the suppliers and did disappoint him that I dont drink. I guess its strange in this part of the world as well. Went to a super market and saw lots of beer and it hit me where ever I have traveled I have become and expert in beers especially local beer. But not here and I am so glad to be free. I could have imagined myself drinking alone in a bar till I collapse on the hotel bed but here I am sober and enjoying every moment.

Pretty hectic week I have with lots of travels.

Take care
      Rahul
      --------------------------------------------
      Rewiring my brain ... done ...
      Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
      Rebooting ... done ...
      Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper, I think that is where my hubs was about 2 years before I got my ultimatum. I was hoping he hadn't noticed my drinking but like yours, he was fully aware of it. I will tell you that my relationship with my hubs now is stronger than ever. He still doesnt know EVERYTHING but he knows enough to know that I am a card carrying alkie. I called myself a high functioning alkie, but in retrospect, I wasnt functioning that well at all. I am so glad to be on the other side now looking back!

Star, so happy to see you back on your twig! Whatever has happened is in the past and we are going full speed ahead! Hugs dear lady!!! :l

Rahul, enjoy Seoul! Your business associate will get over your not drinking....I bet HE wishes HE werent!
        Pinecone, dont be a stranger! Hope you are keeping well!!
        Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Byrdy! Sounds good! I am NOT letting go of my twig ever again!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

So this process really does seem to be about creating a new normal. Feeling all flustered & taking away my norm is not a comfortable feeling! But I am doing this for me, my relationships and for what I can contribute to this world - it will iron out sooner than later. Keeping the faith that you all know what you are talking about!

Way to go Rahul. Even though I said I have had no "REAL" repracussions with my drinking, I can say that my relationship with my husband has been changed by my nightly drinking. I look forward to not distancing myself, and for gaining a bit more humor in my late evening hours.

In the right direction....Have a good day everyone.
            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pepper- What a wonderful blessing that you fought your way AF and can now rebuild your relationship. I too, thought I was clever well hidden drinker. What a freaking dumb ASS I was. I hurt my husband so much. Things I said that I can't even remember. So many times waking up to him being mad at me saying do you remember what you said? And me saying yes of course, because I was too embarrassed to tell him I had no recollection of the night before. I am just so grateful that I put away the poison before I damaged someone or something beyond repair. Damn, if we could just get one glimpse of what AL turns us into we would run screaming from it
              before we ever took that first sip.

Kensho- It truly is. But an AF comfortable new fit feels great a lot faster than the terrible downward spiral of AL. And you feel so much better in the morning too!

Hello Starfish!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Cher :l

Cherokeer;1684557 wrote: Damn, if we could just get one glimpse of what AL turns us into we would run screaming from it
                before we ever took that first sip.
                No truer words were ever spoken, Cher! Thanks.

Well, I plain just feel like I've got the flu! I know it's the poison coming out of me. I think I'll go rest for a bit. See y'all later...

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a wee something I noticed.....yesterday went to my mums and a sister had an old diary....we spent ages reading snippets and I laughed so hard I couldn't speak....my daughters took videos because it was so funny.
                  Then today we had a blessing at the graves....met up with childhood neighbours and I found myself chatting and laughing with them....we had the best craic! (Us Irish are renowned for having fun in the strangest situations - funerals, wakes, graveyards.......)
                  I then went to my sister's bbq where they drinking and cursing and music too loud....I heard that I had become a bit of a bore and a party-pooper.....I responded that I tend to have my own kinda party these days. (Didn't think what else to say) couldn't wait to get home.
                  I did not feel left out, just grateful. Now I can see that 'going out' when it equates to drinking is a form of fun and release to the drinker but as a non-drinker I am having more fun in the simplest ways....I hear my laugh and am shocked at how much fun I am having; I am chatting easily.....is that confidence I hear? I am seeing a person in me that I now am getting to know.....for the first time since I was 19 years old.
                  I don't have to plan my fun like when drinking is involved....my life just being does that for me.

I have also almost reached my goal weight as a result of not drinking, only to have to listen to a couple of negative remarks.
                  Ye' know what? I used to worry what people thought....I didn't like how I looked or acted and maybe sometimes with good reason.
                  But here I am, doing my best and seeing the world in a different, nore beautiful way.....so off I go, home and happy.....a lighter, sober, happier Boring Old Party-pooper! NOT!
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy! You are doing great!! We are so proud of you and so happy to have your company on this site. Keep up the great work and don't let those others get you down.
                    We love you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Aw thanks Starfish....how are you getting on? I don't like weekends on MWO because noone seems to be about....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, I so enjoyed your post. It's what we are all striving for. Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Daisy, i am back in the saddle and sticking close. Glad to be back with my friends. And so proud of your progress.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Ginger, nothing like a cemetery get-together!
                            Starfish, so glad you are! I just got sick of faffing about and told myself off.....also coming back and seeing people who came way after me sitting with months and years under their belts.....really made me take a look at myself!
                            So far, so good .....and slowly but surely......one great tip for the first couple of weeks is eat until you are full. I saved my evening meal for about 8pm when I would normally open a bottle....it really does work!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul - Woohoo!!! Just saw your roll call post - Congrats on a huge 150 days!!! Good job enjoying AF life in Seoul as well!
                              Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Feeling quite a bit better even though I did end up with my grandsons here most of the afternoon

Hello & welcome back Starfish. This IS the place to be

Daisy, I am very proud of you & your transformation - gratitude works every time

Rahul, Congrats coming to you on your 150 AF days :wd:

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!!!

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X