Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

not so new but back again...

I was here -then left-now back... I'm on another quit drinking site-I drank this weekend and am kind of afraid to go back to admit it-so I'll admit it here-and start with day one again.
    Luv, Fluff
    It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK

Day 1.
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go FLUFF....it's your birthday!!!! Go Fluff!!!!!
        we are here , I am on day 3 for about the 4th time, but I get stronger every time.......
        You can do this....
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks mama bear-your avatar cracks me up! Good job on getting to day 3!
          Hi Byrdlady-this is day 1 for you, too? We can do this together!
          Luv, Fluff
          It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Newbies Nest

and that's what I look like sober!!!!!!!
            I love my family more than alcohol.:h
            Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone!! Rushing to get to work but had to drop by the nest. Here's the coffee and Diet Coke.
              I was reading in the MWO book last night & realized that I should be staying away from the Diet Coke right now but I must have my Diet Coke in the morning. :H I will focus on plenty of water today though. Good compromise?

Coco - good job in getting thru the weekend!!! :goodjob:

Spam - funny story about your husband.

Welcome Fluff and Byrdlady - Glad that you are here. Good for you on coming back! Just like Mama Bear says! We CAN do this. :l

Lav & everyone else.....HAPPY MONDAY!!! Have a wonderful day today. I am going to get out of here before I am any later.
              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, square one again

I started going af on Feb 1...went 6 days and thought I could do a couple glasses of wine at night...took about 3 weeks for that to spiril out of control. Came totally clean to hubby, how can he possible trust me again? But here we are and this is where change begins. I can't drink in moderation. Dam.
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back, Fluff. We all missed you....stick with us.....you know we are not judgmental! We are all struggling no matter how many days AF we are. Happy Monday morning to all the nesters..beautiful, sunny day here in PA. I am so hoping we are done with the snow. Come on, Spring!!!
                  Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sleep

Hi again -- I have a question about sleep.... I was looking forward to getting a great night's sleep once I stopped the AL. I know it's only been 4 days, but I thought the waking up 3 or 4 times a night would stop right away. Wrong. (The last time I quit was 11 years ago when I was pregnant - slept great then but I was pregnant, after all!). Does anyone know how long it should take to regain "normal" sleep? I've even got some sublingual melatonin from Dr. Mercola's site but it doesn't seem to help.

Thanks for any help! Coco
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco - the first time I tried going AF, I went to my Doctor and she gave me Lorazepam. Might not be the best idea to take drugs but it helped! It helped with the awful irritability and the not being able to sleep. Got me thru it. I slipped up but I'm back on track again and I don't even need the Lorazepam most times. I have heard that the Calm Forte??? works too. Anything to help calm you down I think. It does get better.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Nora - as long as I know the problems sleeping will go away... It seems like the only difference is I don't wake up hung over - I'm still tired (definitely an improvement though!!!).
                        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters,

Spam - I'd medicate that sore throat with a little Chloraseptic spray or soothing cough drops
                          Hope you feel better soon!

Coco-Nut, glad you had a good weekend. Sleep has been a problem for me since the age of 42 when I had my first perimenopausal night sweat (before my drinking career started). At this point I am sleeping pretty well though. I use an herbal product called Mellodyn which has melatonin, valerian & lemon balm. I also highly recommend the Hypnotic CD. It does take quite a while for your body to heal from the AL abuse but it will

Victoria/Violet - congrats on your 9 AF days, great!! I can't believe another nurse has joined our community. I'm retired now but there are SO many of us here - do you think the profession helps drives us to it???? Well, we can beat AL together

Fluff, so glad to see you back, you were missed!
                          I'm sorry that you've had so much trouble. Jump back up on your twig, get comfortable, stick with us.
                          Hopefully you can identify any new triggers & revise your plan. Recommit yourself, we're all with you!

Moma Bear & Byrdlady, most of us are just not going to be able to moderate. The sooner we accept that & move on the better life becomes I haven't had a drop in nearly a year now & my life has improved drastically! No more anxiety, no more depression, no more guilt & self-loathing............the list goes on & I wouldn't have it any other way! Give yourselves the chance to find out!

NoraC, wishing you a good day too!
                          I'll be back later.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco -- The sleep is rough -- especially the first few days. Being an old night nurse now on day shift I have trouble sleeping anyways and often use melatonin. Without AF I only slept 4-6 hours a night the first few nights -- but when I woke up and was wide awake I just got up and did stuff. Filed 3 months of neglected paperwork at 5 am one morning. I am on day 9 and it is slowly getting better. Benedryl may help as well -- but will only buy you about 6 hours sleep. But AF sleep is way more restful than passed out sleep. Less is more! Just keep telling yourself that!!!!

--Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Violet - Yes, I notice we can get WAY more things done without AL...
                              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                                Day 13 AF for me! or 27 days AF out of 28..
                                Taking my son to swimming lessons this morning.. have a busy day planned.. working again tonight,
                                Have a great day everyone!
                                Katie xx
                                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
                                X