Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

WMM, I'm sorry for what you are going through. Sounds like something you recognize as unhealthy. It can only help to have a supportive environment. Good wishes to you this weekend! Sending :l
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thank you all for your supportive words.. I have been a member since 2008 ( my daughter was almost a year, when i realized i was in trouble) she is almost 7 now.. I think this is the longest i have stayed around and posted, you all are so welcoming and so supportive, I have followed some of you since your recent day 1 2 3 4 5 etc , and read your posts that are so similar to mine.. young kids, stressful jobs, reasons to put off qutting, I have a plan in place for my upcoming travel for work, Monday July 28th, its not a conference, just me going to our corporate office, working, helping to train the new guy, back to my hotel , work out at the hotel gym , something for dinner ( carry out) read my book , maybe catch up on an on demand movie ( check in with MWO) and bury myself in the fluffy hotel pillows and sleep well

Comment

Newbies Nest

sweet Jesus! wicked day!
        I overheard the "C" word .. the document crashed and we lost 2 days worth of work.:upset:
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=frances;1686313]Just a pop-in wanted to tell Star and NS how much I got out of their posts...very nice. /QUOTE]
          Aww, thanks, Frances:l

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Nest--

I'm back from my days off the grid - I feel recharged and ready to go. One little AL thought one of the nights, but nothing big.

I can't read too far back but I did read back and skim a bit. Thanks for all of the cool posts, Kensho, Star, Pepper and NS (and really, everyone).

Sorry for your troubles with your husband, WMM - I think when you finally quit (which I KNOW you will do), you will find the strength to do what you need to do re: your mean husband (get help working it out, or get help getting out). I hope you stick around and let us help you.

Sarah - I hope today was a successful Day 1. We are all rooting for you.

Rahul - I hope you get some rest and time to unplug.

I am on my way to bed - I hope you all hang on tight.

Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters,

So the day begins. Thanks Byrdlady and Pavati.

More travelling coming next week for 2. Days, then next month as well too.

Take care
              Rahul
              --------------------------------------------
              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
              Rebooting ... done ...
              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rahul, thinking of you. Every day is different in sober land remember that and its up to us what we make of the day. I know that i just appreciate every day i am sober.

I am visiting my mum at the moment and we had an hour long talk on my drinking and how worried she was and how proud she is of me. She also told me the long list of alkies in the family and we both hope by my not drinking that alcohol will not be a major part of our families lives anymore. I would have been petrified months ago to have this conversation with my mother, every defensive button would have been pushed to the max but i am not defensive anymore, i am an alcoholic and i told her that today. As i said 1 drink is all it will take. My brother died of al, she is so proud that she will not lose another.

Have a safe and sober weekend everyone. xxx

How was that day 1 Sarah?
                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1686444 wrote:

How was that day 1 Sarah?
                  Horrid. Didn't do it sorry to say. I can only say excuses right now. Tomr should be better..so hopefully then.

Sorry to disappoint.

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, dear nesters

Just a quick check in today. I have a super busy weekend. A house full of company (sisters and some brothers in law). My dad died in June and tomorrow is his birthday. We all wanted to be together to get thru this first one.

Love you all so much! Will check in when I can

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Awaiting severe T storms, again!

Sarah, get that day 1 done, you will be perfectly OK

Greetings to everyone! Congrats to everyone finding their way out of this addiction mess.
                      Wishing a terrific AF Saturday to one & all!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters!

A quick fly by from me, too-- Can't wait to have time on Monday to read back in peace and quiet!

Ava, did see your last post about your talk with your mom and I am so happy for you. How fortunate your are to strengthen your relationship with her and to be free of the alcohol hell. Thinking of you.

I truly hope all here will find peace and have at least SOME easy going, clear moments this weekend!! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Nesters!

Ava, your note really struck me. This is an amazing journey, isn't it. When we are in the grip of addiction, we ARE so defensive and those buttons get pushed and we shut the door....correction, SLAM the door on those who are confronting us. I did it 1000 times with my hubs. It is amazing that we can talk about it now without all the denial and deflection that used to take place when he was trying to get thru to me! I guess we are MOST sensitive to our vulnerabilities. Acceptance is a huge step in our world....the biggest! It brings with it a lot of peace. I would never have imagined it. Rolling around up there is my head used to be an awful place and I wanted to get away from it and escape. Now there is MindPeace and it is awesome. Yes, bad things still happen, but I am learning to process them better. It's as if I am operating with more information now, and I am, because I'm not preoccupied with getting my fix, or recovering from it. We fought acceptance pretty hard, didn't we? But we were fighting the very thing that would save us. Now, when I think about not drinking again...the 'FOREVER" thing....I flip that around and say, I don't have spend forever being a drunk, which is exponentially worse. Today, it doesn't bother me one bit that I will not drink again, but it took quite a while to get here, but I will tell you, it is worth every squirm of discomfort. I am so happy for your renewed relationship with your mother, your children and yourself! Well done, Ava. XXOO, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1686494 wrote: Good Morning, dear nesters

Just a quick check in today. I have a super busy weekend. A house full of company (sisters and some brothers in law). My dad died in June and tomorrow is his birthday. We all wanted to be together to get thru this first one.

Love you all so much! Will check in when I can

:l :huggy to you Star. I hope you and your family find comfort in each other's company this weekend.
                            Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, thank you, Wag :l
                              We are going to mass tonight (my daddy, me and sisters are Catholic) and then out to eat. Tomorrow morning, we will go to church with my step-mom ( Methodist and married to my daddy for the past 28 years) and then lunch at her house. I am just so happy we will all be together for this difficult time.

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1686576 wrote: Oh, thank you, Wag :l
                                We are going to mass tonight (my daddy, me and sisters are Catholic) and then out to eat. Tomorrow morning, we will go to church with my step-mom ( Methodist and married to my daddy for the past 28 years) and then lunch at her house. I am just so happy we will all be together for this difficult time.
                                :l:l
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X