Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks Byrd. It is totally freeing to be af in so many ways. I never want to go back to drinking. I know i can never drink and thats okay. It doesnt mean i dont wish i could, that is the alky in me, but i cant ever moderate, i cant ever have just one drink. I accept that and i am not embarrassed to say i am an alcoholic. It is a part of me.

Sarah, well at least you were honest and that is a start. At least you did not procrastinate as to why you were not af and that is a start. As i will keep saying tomorrow never comes. Al was my best friend, my lover and companion and it is hard to let go of something that meant so much. Would you still be with your husband if he treated you the way al does? Being sober is a much better companion to me, we dont fight, argue, we enjoy each and every day. I am so glad i let "sober" into my life, sober is the friend i want.

Well i am off to meet a fellow mwoer shortly for lunch. No thoughts of drinking.

DD i hope you are okay, please check in. Mom i hope the "mother" visit went well. I know that being sober has helped me with my mum. I may not agree with what she says (hardly ever) but she is my mum and we only get one of them.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Ava

No not ok have been having problems for a week now with mice!!! In the ceiling above me. It is very difficult as this will probably involve neighbours having to pull up their floorboards! I am sick of not sleeping each night .
      New life started on 1st May 2014, One day at a time I will work at continuing it forever!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well DD i am glad it is only mice but thats not good especially if they happen to die and smell. Such small things causing so much trouble.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane and Frances -- Congratulations!! Quickly checked into the roll call and saw your BIG numbers.

DD - sorry about the mice, that's the worst. I'm sure it's impossible to tune them out, and feel so bad for you.

Ava, am inspired by how you'e been able to rebuild your relationship with your mom. Mine is coming to visit in a few weeks, and I haven't seen her since last Feb when I was still drinking. I've really appreciated hearing about your progress with her.

Take care all, and have a happy sober weekend!
          Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Sorry about the mice DD
            I hope some exterminators can help you out quickly. I've lived in old houses & heard the little buggars at night too, yuck.

Starfish, thinking of you & your family.

Ava, how cool that you get to meet with a fellow MWOer, hope it went well

The rain never did get here today so I guess it's going to be tomorrow?? Who knows?
            Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Darkest Diamond;1686650 wrote: No not ok have been having problems for a week now with mice!!! In the ceiling above me. It is very difficult as this will probably involve neighbours having to pull up their floorboards! I am sick of not sleeping each night .
              DD - Glad to hear from you and see you still one day ahead of me in the roll call - we're so close in number I always watch for you

Sorry to learn you've got mice running around above your bedroom. I had a similar issue once in a duplex - the worst part is that they seemed to be most active at night. I hope you're able to get some quick help from the exterminators. Bummer for your neighbors, but maybe they'll understand.
              Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, it's still a little early in the evening for me in Central time....but DAY 1.

It's been difficult today cause I had some stressors and also very good news! Son received basically a full scholarship to a university here. He is looking at other schools, but that was HUGE news!. So very proud of him!

So, I wanted to drink AT the stress and also CELEBRATE at the same time with a drink. But, I decided I would try another day 1. So far...successful, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't craving AL. It was particularly hard to fix dinner w/o a glass of wine or a beer in hand. I 'was' going to make my famous (family loved) cheddar, herb biscuits but my tremors were so bad today I couldn't make them. I did Tex toast instead.

Tremors are a huge part of this cause I know a drink or two will help calm them, but going to try real hard to not have a drink before I go to bed.

Love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

anyone here?

Comment

Newbies Nest

yes sarah i am here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

great work sarah on day 1, my tremors were atrocious for a few days but settled down. you will be amazed at what doesnt settle down when you dont drink. Please be strong and keep going, you will have nothing to lose at all and post in the roll call. Make us proud sarah, that is all we ask.

Well i had a lovely lunch with Petrel today. To meet another mwoer is just brilliant i must say. I have enjoyed my weekend away and dont want to go home.

Pepper im not saying mum doesnt drive me nuts but i am not as defensive. there are still things i wont talk to her about as i am not ready for her replies and i do walk away and turn myself off but its lovely to start a relationship again with her and for her to understand my addiction.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi ava! thanks! Although the tremors aren't related to AL. Neurological it seems. Back to the Dr for those next month.

It's soooooo cool you got to meet Petrel! That is awesome!

I'm going to bed now, and hope I can do a Day 2. Scared to death really, but I will try!

Much love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi ava! thanks! Although the tremors aren't related to AL. Neurological it seems. Back to the Dr for those next month.

I'm going to bed now, and hope I can do a Day 2. Scared to death really, but I will try!

Much love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Much love,

Sarah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes it was lovely and we had a lovely few hours.

Never be scared of not drinking, it is the best decision that you have made in your life and we are here for you day and night.

Wont it be wonderful when you tell the dr you dont drink. Sleep well and bring on day 2 i say.

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done sarah!! yes, you will have cravings, they will be there for you, and like a bad smell it gets less over time as you get used to it and the smell dies away. bad analogy anyone?

think of them as an uninvited guest, its not your brain thats doing it, its the al brain. feed it and it will stay.........

Comment

Working...
                                X