Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Tuesday morning here and going into day 10 today. My determination feels a little different this time around as I have proved to myself over and over that I can't be trusted around wine. I just have a quiet resolve - maybe it is because I have decided I do not drink, full stop. Thinking maybe I could have just one is not even in the equation now. I turn my thoughts away immediately and think about something else. When I was still flirting with it I would let those thoughts run their course and eventually turn into action. Not good and I just don't want to go there again.

Fluff a big welcome back to you. We missed you. Just dust yourself off and start again mate. I totally believe we can all do this.

KatieB - day 13. You go girl. Well done. You'll be enjoying your son so much more and be able to cope and be patient with him so much more too. He is so worth it.

Coco - Sleep does definitely get sweeter. Might just take time for the bod to cleanse itself and heal. I am drinking so much water (it is very hot and humid here and I work in airconditioning which also dries one out) that I still wake during the night for a comfort stop. The difference is I can go back to sleep quickly.

NoraC Byrdlady Grateful Violet Lav Spam Tranq Hip Mama Runningwind and everyone else - hope you all have a great af day/night.

Gotta run, the job awaits.
    Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 is going well - no cravings so far (touch wood). I have been very surprised at how easy this has been so far - I think what is really helping me a lot is that a couple of weeks ago, before I even thought about seriously trying to quit, I started drinking Living Fuel twice a day. I think it has really stopped the cravings in their tracks. Yes, I see a nice bottle of chilled chardonnay and I envision myself pouring it into a bucket and sticking my head in, but only for a second! Nutrition definitely plays a role - plus I work out every weekday so I think that is really helping as well. My kudzu supplement arrived today but I will keep it in reserve for the future, if I need it.
      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav -- Yes -- Lots of nurses are drinkers I think. Don't think the nursing drove me to it, though. For me it is in the blood. My whole body tingled with my first sip when I was just thirteen. I come from a family of drunks....the whole lot of us....you think I would have know better -- but the tingle.....was so wonderful!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Coco-Nut, it sounds like you are doing great!! :goodjob:, but what is Living Fuel? runningwind :l
          The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. What a busy nest today.

Fluff! So glad you are back. I missed you and wondered where you were. I am so pleased you felt you could come back to us. Well done.

Violet - we have cinemas here that have really comfy recliner chairs and waitresses that serve meals and YES, alcohol! I was in heaven when I discovered them. Two of my favourite things to do - drink and watch movies..... Now I am hesitant about going to the movies cause I expect a glass of wine in my hand.

Byrdlady, Maz - I too have realised that I will never be able to moderate. I have tried to do it for years with no success. I am annoyed I cant as with the Aussie lifestyle, alcohol is part of life. I am still trying to come to terms with that.

Coco - I use Hyland Calms Forte to help sleep. They are brilliant and can be bought on the net. They are part of the starter pack and are all natural. I get about 8 hours solid sleep (apart from getting up for a loo visit - Like Mazzie I too work in air conditioning and drink heaps of water to counter the drying effects).

Hi to Lav, Tranq, Jolie, Soph, Mama, Katie, Runningwind and everyone else who I have missed. Running late for work now. Take care.
            Hip xx
            I finally got it!
            "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 1 for me

I am new as of today and made it through day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome happyladynow :welcome:
                You've found a great place.. lots of lovely people here to help and offer support.. congrats on your first day AF!
                Katie
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi HappyLady!

You will find lots of supports here! Welcome! I have only been here less than a week and feel quite comfortable on my little branch -- AF for 9 days! Congrats for making it through day one. I found the first 3 the hardest. But each one gets easier -- especially with a little support. :welcome:

Having a few cravings this evening myself...but am armed with some herbal tea in one hand and a tumbler of homemade seltzer in the other.... off to bed shortly. Expecting my Kudzu and Calms Forte any day now! (Please tomorrow????)

Hoping everyone had a great day/night! And is hanging in there AF--

Violet

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Happyladynow and welcome. And now that you have found us that is what you will be... a happy lady now! We love to welcome new comers and believe me, we all understand what you are going thru and where you have been. You've done the hard bit and that was day 1, so ask us anything and visit often.
                    Take care.
                    Hippy Chick
                    I finally got it!
                    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Violet. We posted at the same time!
                      Just hang in there, the cravings will pass. Stay strong and I hope your supps arrive soon. That will make a huge difference.
                      Bye for now
                      Hip
                      I finally got it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Everyone!

KatieB - A month with one slip! WoW. Very awesomely done. Sounds like your head is on straighter than mine when it comes to mod'ing. Keep it rolling!

Hi Lav!

Spam nice dh story. A little nip for medicinal purposes huh.

Coco - nice weekend. You've got some real activity going.

v70 - Yes, I guess we understand a little about the 'dark side' that others just don't get.

Hi Fluff. Glad you're back. A slip up only means you can learn something new you know. Hang here. We're glad to have you.

Byrdlady - Same thing! This site gave me strength and support. I never thought I'd be able to until MWO. Don't stop stopping.

MamaB - It's the hat - sexy!

Mazzie - Great resolve! Your attitude is fantastic. Keep it going.

Coco - Yeah. It's working for you too. Great! So many people say 'I never thought I could.' But they do - if I can...

Hi Hippy - drink is a huge part of the culture here in the states too.

Welcome HappyLadyNow. Yes, there are many people on this site who have been where you are. Keep reading the various forums, and don't hesitate to ask about anything that bothers you or don't understand. You can do this!

Hi to all I've missed!

Take care.
                        tw
                        Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Just checking in to say good night - looks like it was a pretty good day around the nest!

Hi Happyladynow - welcome to the nest, lots of wonderful fledglings here Just find yourself a comfy twig & settle in with us!

Craving do pass Violet & become less intense, I promise

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night/day in the nest.
                          Hey Tranq - 60 degrees here today - woo hoo!!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nesters! Just a quick note to wish you all well. Welcome to the nest Happyladynow. You have come to the right nest. Pick a twig and settle in.

Catch you all later. I want to get back to my book - "Under the Dome". It's so much easier to read when I haven't been drinking.

Night all.........................
                            "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow! was the nest busy today or what. Just thought I would check in and say good-night.

Good-night Mazzie and :goodjob: on day 10!

Good-night Coco-Nut and :goodjob: on day 5!

Good-night Hippy Chick ,I hope you had a great day.

Good-night happyladynow, welcome to the nest and your first day AF!

Good-night mama bear, I didn't get to talk to you today but I will catch up with you tomorrow.

Good-night Violet70, and :goodjob: on your 9 days AF!

Good-night TranqWilly, hope your day went well.

Good-night KatieB, big congrats on day 13, AF! :goodjob:

Goodnight Grateful, I hope today treated you well.

Good-night Farm Girl, big congrats to you also, for day 10 AF!

Good-night NoraC, and everyone else that I might of missed. I hope we all have a peaceful sleep and God Bless us all! Sweet dreams to all, runningwind
                              The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night John Boy!
                                I finally got it!

Comment

Working...
                                X